New 3rd Party Taycan specific Soft Closing Door Mechanism

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I had read quite a few posts from folk pining for soft close for the Taycan doors on the Forum over the last year plus - came across this by accident and in no way can answer any queries as to how good or bad this company or their products are etc. but at first glance they seem legit and have installation options across the US and elsewhere.

Needless to say more something one might do post-warranty unless you don't worry about such details :)!

At $649 for a set of 4 seems (too?) cheap but of course installation and tax etc. will bump that pretty quick - anyway here is the link:

https://evoffer.com/product/taycan-soft-closing-doors/

Cheers, C.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I had read quite a few posts from folk pining for soft close for the Taycan doors on the Forum over the last year plus - came across this by accident and in no way can answer any queries as to how good or bad this company or their products are etc. but they at first glance they seem legit and have installation options across the US and elsewhere.

Needless to say more something one might do post-warranty unless you don't worry about such details :)!

At $649 for a set of 4 seems (too?) cheap but of course installation and tax etc. will bump that pretty quick - anyway here is the link:

Cheers, C.
Oh how I miss soft closing doors in my Panamera……sigh…. 🫤

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is there a specific reason Porsche decided not to include them on the option list?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there a specific reason Porsche decided not to include them on the option list?
I'd like to think trying to take whatever they could re weight off but probably more to do with economics and where their cut-offs limited optional features.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have never seen Porsche do soft closing doors with a frameless window design. The window needs to seal after the door closes…lots of complexity.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Soft close mechanisms on the Taycan are addictive, particularly for the rear doors. I've never experienced issues due to the frameless door windows -- the windows don't close all the way until the door is fully shut.

I wish EVOffer had this product last year when I spent $849 for soft close mechanisms from Motowey, which has since disappeared from the internet. The Motowey mechanisms continue to perform perfectly after 11 months, but came with no instructions or support. The About page on the EVOffer website gives some confidence that the company is not sketchy, and the description of the product makes it seem well designed.

My experience with the Motowey mechanisms is captured in this thread:

taycanbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Nice option. We have soft close doors on the Model X and it’s great. I have the EVOffer auto frunk for the Tesla and so far it’s been a good product.

Something to consider for the Taycan after warranty.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Once I experienced soft-close doors on my A6ar there was no going back on the farm.
Well, actually, my (wife's) i4 M50 doesn't have them, and somehow I survive when driving it.
But merely snugging the doors almost closed on my A6ar then seeing them happily seal shut on their own is just so ... nice.
Although both my wife and our daughter still slam the doors shut regardless of the vehicle, oh well.

I'd still be disappointed (a bit) if my (possible, future) 4CT were to lack that feature.
But I'd be kind of wigged out having it retrofit, given the potential problems even with all the OEM features.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice option. We have soft close doors on the Model X and it’s great. I have the EVOffer auto frunk for the Tesla and so far it’s been a good product.

Something to consider for the Taycan after warranty.
Good to hear fro someone who's used the company - thx.

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I had read quite a few posts from folk pining for soft close for the Taycan doors on the Forum over the last year plus - came across this by accident and in no way can answer any queries as to how good or bad this company or their products are etc. but at first glance they seem legit and have installation options across the US and elsewhere.

Cheers, C.
I wish that companies would put as much effort into their web site and documentation, specifically the quality of their writing, as they do their engineering. Or maybe they do, and shoddily written product information is correlated with shoddy products.

However one might rate their product quality, their writing barely makes sense.

Last edited:

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had soft close doors on my last car, an S-class. I really don’t miss them at all so don’t understand the fuss about not having them.

The biggest issue was any passenger I gave a lift to, including my own family, didn’t even know that the car had soft close doors, or even what soft close doors were, and just slammed them shut, however many times they were in the passenger seats, and despite my numerous explanations.….

I think they probably are worth it in a Maybach or Rolls. You know, where your Butler knows and closes the doors ever so gently…..you mean you dont have a Butler? What is the world coming to…..

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Funny, I couldn't remember if it was just something I cheaped out on or wasn't available, because I cannot tell you how many times I go to drive and see a door is open. It's not me, obviously, it's every passenger I've ever transported (and they seem to be multiplying exponentially). I'm at the point now where I'm yelling, "Just slam it! This car won't break!"

So it would be nice to have, but I'm too cheap and would rather just keep yelling out the car window like Mrs. LaRusso.

Porsche Taycan New 3rd Party Taycan specific Soft Closing Door Mechanism 1691341126770

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was trying to remember (yeah, I know :)!!) if my M4 Vert had them but fairly sure not - the rear trunk def did - obviously not a necessity for me :), but again sharing the link as there were lots of comments back in 2021-2022 from folk missing them.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had soft close doors on my last car, an S-class. I really don’t miss them at all so don’t understand the fuss about not having them.

The biggest issue was any passenger I gave a lift to, including my own family, didn’t even know that the car had soft close doors, or even what soft close doors were, and just slammed them shut, however many times they were in the passenger seats, and despite my numerous explanations.….

I think they probably are worth it in a Maybach or Rolls. You know, where your Butler knows and closes the doors ever so gently…..you mean you dont have a Butler? What is the world coming to…..
You must not have little kids. Soft close doors have been a godsend, as my kids just slowly close the door instead of potentially slamming their siblings' hands in the car door. Once my wife's car comes to a stop in the garage, it's a tangled mess of limbs and fingers as they all scramble to climb over each other to get out and pay no attention to where they place their hands for leverage. No fun, but so far also no trips to the emergency room.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
[…] The biggest issue was any passenger I gave a lift to, including my own family, didn’t even know that the car had soft close doors, or even what soft close doors were, and just slammed them shut, however many times they were in the passenger seats, and despite my numerous explanations.…. […]
And here I’d been thinking it was only my own family who can’t be trained to use the soft close feature on my A6ar…

By contrast, when I took delivery of my (wife’s) i4, the first thing the SA said to me once we were inside the car was, “You didn’t close the door all the way.” Oh, right, no such available option on this model!
Sponsored