New Charger-related recall (for the 240 V cable) (NHTSA ID 23V-841)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I have the 19.2kW on onboard and 80a circuit to garage (well technically gauge of wire was for 100a, but since I am paranoid, I derated it to 80a)
Porsche Wall Charger at 19.2 kW? or the 100 amp Enphase/ClipperCreek…or a Gen2 used Tesla Wall Charger would maximize your 100/80 amp install
Sponsored

OP
OP
RBGtaycan

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Emailed mine in yesterday - should be interesting!
Has anyone received a response or, at the least, an acknowledgement of their submission? I did not and have asked for one (also without response!)..not good customer service...

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
Porsche Wall Charger at 19.2 kW? or the 100 amp Enphase/ClipperCreek…or a Gen2 used Tesla Wall Charger would maximize your 100/80 amp install.
I love Porsche... but not $3200 for EVSE much :CWL: Also in MA ClipperCreek 100amp version is not certified for incentives. Interestingly enough, none of the Porsche EVSEs are listed either as approved devices for the upcoming local state-managed charging program incentives.

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
Please let us know if it works....I will do the same.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
My PMC+ has been the primary charger for the past 20 months. In hot weather it measures 168 degrees F where the cord meets the plug. That is just too hot. I have the proper wiring and Hubble outlet, and thus haven’t had a melting incident. I am happy to be receiving another charger to make this safer. I am surprised at the risk Porsche has assumed by dragging this out. A simple redesign/replacement of the supply cord could have solved this years ago. Organizational culture issues typically lead to this type of situation. What’s that they say? The first step is admitting you have a problem?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Is that the picture of my NEMA plug btw? Looks exactly like mine, but I forgot even taking that picture lol.
@daveo4EV works in mysterious ways. He does what he can to keep the EV enthusiasts as safe as he can. You were probably not home when he collected his data. ;)

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's what I did - it was one of the options - doesn't seem like a charger receipt is necessary for that. Emailed last week - no response yet...
I don't see how a receipt is not necessary because the letter clearly stated that the $600 is to reimburse the equipment you've purchased, so if you didn't buy one then there's nothing to reimburse. How you'd like to receive the funds is irrelevant to whether or not you're qualified. My only question is does it apply to one that I've already purchased before receiving the letter or not. I am hoping it does because back then I didn't hope and pray for a letter to arrive and held off on buying one while taking a chance with the PMC+ and its potential on burning down my house.

IanG

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I don't see how a receipt is not necessary because the letter clearly stated that the $600 is to reimburse the equipment you've purchased, so if you didn't buy one then there's nothing to reimburse. How you'd like to receive the funds is irrelevant to whether or not you're qualified. My only question is does it apply to one that I've already purchased before receiving the letter or not. I am hoping it does because back then I didn't hope and pray for a letter to arrive and held off on buying one while taking a chance with the PMC+ and its potential on burning down my house.
Yep, I bet you're right - I (re)read it much more closely - will be interesting to see if they respond at all...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S - 2017 718 Cayman S
Country flag
Has anyone in Canada contacted their dealership about this recall and see if they will credit an EVSE as well?

I literally just bought a 2022 4S last week :( (although the recall was apparently issued in December, it did not pop up on carfax...yet when I was cross shopping with RS etron GTs, the audi recall popped up there). I called Porsche Canada (Porsche North America is such a bad name for Porsche USA haha) and they know about the recall and the letter in the states but onnly to contact my porsche dealership for further instructions, which happens to be hours away.

So yeah, has anyone in Canada found out anything about getting credit for a third party EVSE?

Edit: confirmed from dealership no credit will be given to Canadian taycan owners. They will be mailing out unknown third party evse with unknown specs. Disappointing to say the least.

Last edited:

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
I received an email from PCNA today confirming receipt of my documents and that they are processing the reimbursement for my purchase of Tesla Universal Charger.
Ooh, nice -- so now Porsche will pay me $600 for hard-wiring a Tesla Universal Wall Charger at my soon-to-purchased ski house, and also eventually replace the mobile charger that I never use.
Porsche Tax Rebate for a change!

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Has anyone received a response or, at the least, an acknowledgement of their submission? I did not and have asked for one (also without response!)..not good customer service...
I have not; sent mine on 2/17.
Sponsored