Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
I was told by a technician at my dealer that a new connect app is on it's way. After Christmas presumably. He said that Porsche is doing a total rewrite as the current one that's based on the Audi plattform is not working out that great as we all know.

Let's all hope that it's true as the current one is pure rubbish IMHO.
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I was told by a technician at my dealer that a new connect app is on it's way. After Christmas presumably. He said that Porsche is doing a total rewrite as the current one that's based on the Audi plattform is not working out that great as we all know.

Let's all hope that it's true as the current one is pure rubbish IMHO.
I don't think so cuz it's already here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.porsche.one

I've been trying this one for a few weeks now and it works good although it's not as extensive like Porsche Connect.
No consumption numbers, etc.
It's much simpler, not necessarily better imho.

Porsche Connect works excellent here though.
Porsche really has improved it's reliability so for me there's no need to keep the new My Porsche app.
Unless I have to switch that is...

OP
OP
Pouria

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
At least here in Sweden the current app takes up to 10-15 seconds to update and often shows the wrong status at startup. For example showing windows open and parking brake not engaged. Not something you want to see when lying in bed at night and it's raining outside...

Starting the preheat also takes 5-10 seconds and fails one out of ten times maybe?

It probably not be the app but the infrastructure behind it that is not good enough.

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
The iOS App has worked fine for me, but the Audi one is very flaky. Often have problems just connecting to the car -- it quotes an error code but I cannot find what it means anywhere.

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
I think the new My Porsche app is destined to replace Porsche Connect but they have pushed a very basic version out first. On the upside it’s more reliable at connecting and you can easily pre condition the car, no waiting like others have said for it to work 2 out of 10 times. You can’t enable heated seats or change the temp though!

I also noted the calendar sync is much better on the new app so that’s an improvement.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I think the new My Porsche app is destined to replace Porsche Connect but they have pushed a very basic version out first. On the upside it’s more reliable at connecting and you can easily pre condition the car, no waiting like others have said for it to work 2 out of 10 times. You can’t enable heated seats or change the temp though!

I also noted the calendar sync is much better on the new app so that’s an improvement.
In my app there is a big Climate button at the top. If I touch it, it cools my car to 60 degrees Fahrenheit Great when walking out in the FL heat.

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads