New Member Please Critique My Two Builds!!

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Targa 4S
Country flag
I have been a lurker of the forum for a couple of weeks but just joined today. I can’t wait to order and have been going back and forth on these two builds they are very much the same except for the interior. I am trying to stay close in price. On the 2nd build below to get the extra leather I basically gave up painting the wheels in high gloss black, the Neodyme accents and racetex headliner. If I go with the leather interior I like the Red leather better and would change color from my first build. Please let me know what everyone thinks, very much appreciated??

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNW6FZI4

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKPMEE0
Sponsored

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Welcome to the forum - both configurations look solid, congrats! Here are my 2 cents:

1. I'd consider ordering now before settling on a configuration. You will have plenty of time to finalize the details once you've secured an allocation (or are on a waitlist for what it's worth).

2. My preference would be the full leather interior (in my opinion this is needed w a 130k+ vehicle, however remains a fairly subjective issue).

3. I am not sure whether Gentian Blue works with Bordeaux Leather (again subjective, but might be a little more colorful than mainstream).

4. I'd consider adding the electric charge cover and smoking package

5. Not sure that the offroad design package is needed. Your configuration strikes me as more sport turismo like (no roof rails etc).

Hope this helps ..

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I suggest a mix of the 2...the red/black leather with black wheels. Gentian with Bordeaux was my reserve "safer" option, I still think it's a classy and classic combo.
I'd delete the offroad design pack and electric sportsound. I think the Red/Black interior looks better with minimal other trim tones, so I'd stick to the standard black interior details option, to which I'd add the free option of black aluminium sill guards. Hopefully that frees up funds for your gloss black wheels.
All of that is subjective of course, hopefully you'll be able to review all such options in person to inform your decisions- and to that end, I echo the previous poster's advice above to get your deposit down asap to get in the queue and then take more time finalising your spec.

OP
OP

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Targa 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the input good stuff. I really do think the gentian blue with the red leather interior looks fantastic. If I am going to opt for paying for all leather it has to be the Bordeaux red interior. On the other hand I really do like the high gloss black wheels and the racetex headliner which just completes the performance look…decisions, decisions. Thanks for the heads up on the free black aluminum sill guards will definitely add that and the free smokers pkg.

I also really do like the off-road package as it looks more of an aero package then off-road to me. I will probably never take this car off-road but it just makes the exterior look more aggressive. I will absolutely have the off-road package wrapped in high gloss black also. The only other thread I have posted in is where a guy did this and it looks fantastic. I have read all the pros and cons on the electric door and in the end while it looks cool in operation I actually don’t care for the add on bits on the car to make it work. I think I want to keep the aero side blade not being blocked also by adding the electric door. I will just deal with cleaning and or put a mesh screen in there in the future if needed.

Lastly, I agree that ordering asap even before I finalize my build is a plus and I will do this. I live in Southern California so if anyone has a dealer contact that will order at MSRP or better please let me know. This was my next task when I get the time is to start calling dealers.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I like the wheels on the second configuration with the Gentian blue but not crazy about the red interior. I personally would prefer the chalk or black interior.

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4S, Merc GLE
Country flag
I ended up not going for the offroad package - all it really adds is the ugly plastic (the ride height thing is a red herring). I also deleted the electric charging cover which I decided was just another potential failure point with sand/dust etc or a party trick that will get old quickly.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
The replies you're getting are indicative that these things are all very personal.

I agree with all soul.electrified said apart from point (4). On that, I agree with Neil on the charge flap one more electric thing to fail. And the "smoker's pack" here in the UK is a pot that fills a cup holder....

I'm also one that thinks a crayon/beige/chalk interior goes better with a Gentian exterior, but you'll be the one enjoying it :)

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
The replies you're getting are indicative that these things are all very personal.

I agree with all soul.electrified said apart from point (4). On that, I agree with Neil on the charge flap one more electric thing to fail. And the "smoker's pack" here in the UK is a pot that fills a cup holder....

I'm also one that thinks a crayon/beige/chalk interior goes better with a Gentian exterior, but you'll be the one enjoying it :)
Yes, I agree it is very personal. In the end you will be the one seeing and driving it everyday so you should go with your gut feel. You are going to get a lot of varying opinions.

OP
OP

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Targa 4S
Country flag
Thanks everyone for your input yes in the end I guess it’s just personal preference!
Sponsored