New Taycan and new Panamera under one roof ….our debate is underway!

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag
My husband has just taken delivery of his new aventurine green Porsche Panamera Platinum Edition Sports Tourismo Hybrid - he’s owned two Panameras in the past but recently had a three-week dalliance with a specially ordered Aston Martin DBX before selling it and ordering the new Porsche. Living day to day with a car is very different to test driving one and he concluded the DBX was too firm a ride, not such a good drive and much poorer technology. The minute he got behind the wheel of the Panamera in the hand-over bay, he declared it was like coming home. Cars defo bring out the emotion in him!
He’s had a few drives of my new Frozen Blue Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo and loved the smooth ride, the light interior I’d picked, the technology and acceleration BUT reckons it doesn’t quite come up to the Panamera. I know there’s been a bit of debate on this forum - I’m newbie so please forgive me - but I can see it’s defo horses for courses. His seems a more, well, serious car and he says in terms of drive, cornering etc it’s better than the Taycan. I can feel the difference as a passenger - he has the knowledge to give all the reasons why he believes it’s a better drive and why it sits tighter on the corners but I don’t. But I get it.
That said, I am totally in love with my very fetching, quick little number. We’ve both just had birthdays with zeros at the end so it’s a cracking way to celebrate the new decade!

Porsche Taycan New Taycan and new Panamera under one roof ….our debate is underway! 96F00D37-3346-4EC4-99E6-581995244D0E

Porsche Taycan New Taycan and new Panamera under one roof ….our debate is underway! 330EEE82-2D5F-46C8-961B-1805B9C69FC4

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Why not?
we only live once, remember?
and, happy birthday & many happy returns…to both of you :champagne:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Awesome post! I have a Pan ST now and am going to the Taycan. Before making that decision, I looked hard at the Pan e-hybrid ST. I think you both have awesome cars but your Pan has the better color in my opinion.

Cheers to both of you having excellent taste in vehicles. I would love to have both in our garage but my wife just isnt into Porsches.

OP
OP
DottyB

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag
Why not?
Thanks B61..not sure how we got to this age but glad we did!👏👏👏

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
DottyB

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag
Awesome post! I have a Pan ST now and am going to the Taycan. Before making that decision, I looked hard at the Pan e-hybrid ST. I think you both have awesome cars but your Pan has the better color in my opinion.

Cheers to both of you having excellent taste in vehicles. I would love to have both in our garage but my wife just isnt into Porsches.
Will be interesting to see what you think of the Taycan in comparison!
I get loads of kind comments on the Frozen Blue but I admit my husband’s looks good but not quite as fun as mine…a deliberate ploy methinks!
Maybe your wife might have a road to Damascus Porsche conversion experience ….nil desperandum as they often say here in the North East of England 😂

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Thanks B61..not sure how we got to this age but glad we did!👏👏👏
I don’t know either… just turned 60 last year, two days after i got taycan :angel:

OP
OP
DottyB

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag
I don’t know either… just turned 60 last year, two days after i got taycan :angel:
How brilliant!!! Hope you”re LOVING it! I love celebrating even the small stuff 🍾🍾🍾🍾so the milestone birthdays…defo yes! You’re just a youngster tho B61….🥰 😂😂😂

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
one doesn't have to lose for the other to win - both cars are best in class for their intended design goals/center…

I prefer the Taycan to most any other sports sedan - but that's my personal preference- I'm a sucker for instant smooth drama free torque…and the low center of gravity.

enjoy both vehicles! the opportunity to own/experience two separate vehicles of this quality and accomplishment means you are fortunate…I see nothing bad about this comparison.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
You guys picked my favorite colors on favorite models! Literally I kept going back and forth between building a frozen blue Taycan with light interior and an Aventurine green Panamera SC hybrid for weeks until i got nervous around the current supply chain environment and got a chalk taycan off the lot...

Thorgal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90T8 - Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I've had a Panamera 4S (v2 pre-facelift) for 2 weeks and a 4-hybrid (v2 facelift) for a couple of days as a loaner to my 4S CT, and I agree on a couple of points, but not on some others ;)

Agree on the fact that the Panamera is the more serious car. It looks and feels bigger, it's put together a tiny bit better than the Taycan and is a bit more comfortable to me. The seats are more plush and more comfortable. The 4S had a Burmester and it sounded almost as good as the B&W in my XC90 (sorry, I'm biased on that one). The 4S also had 4-wheel steering and boy do I regret not having that on my Taycan. Also for (very) high speed driving the Panamera is the way to go. That said, the 4S (non hybrid) is clearly the lighter car and was much more agile than the Hybrid. This brings me to the part I don't agree with...

I absolutely do not agree with the fact that the Panamera drives or handles better than a Taycan or Taycan CT. The difference is substanstial...in favor of the Taycan. Especially in regard to the hybrid in my opinion there is no competition. The low center of gravity makes for better cornering and it just feels more sporty. Yes, the Panamera might be a bit more comfortable and the air suspension a bit more plush, if that is what you're after... The hybrid especially feels more top heavy, leans more in corners, which ruins the driving dynamics of the Panamera.

So far my 2c :lipssealed:

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Had a loaner Panamera when I took the GT3 in for some warranty work. Compared to my wife's CT4 the Panamera was a snooze fest and just did not have the handling of the CT4. No way I would ever own a base. Maybe a Panny Turbo S would be an upgrade worth while.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Why not?
We only die once - we have an opportunity to live every day.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I've had a Panamera 4S (v2 pre-facelift) for 2 weeks and a 4-hybrid (v2 facelift) for a couple of days as a loaner to my 4S CT, and I agree on a couple of points, but not on some others ;)

Agree on the fact that the Panamera is the more serious car. It looks and feels bigger, it's put together a tiny bit better than the Taycan and is a bit more comfortable to me. The seats are more plush and more comfortable. The 4S had a Burmester and it sounded almost as good as the B&W in my XC90 (sorry, I'm biased on that one). The 4S also had 4-wheel steering and boy do I regret not having that on my Taycan. Also for (very) high speed driving the Panamera is the way to go. That said, the 4S (non hybrid) is clearly the lighter car and was much more agile than the Hybrid. This brings me to the part I don't agree with...

I absolutely do not agree with the fact that the Panamera drives or handles better than a Taycan or Taycan CT. The difference is substanstial...in favor of the Taycan. Especially in regard to the hybrid in my opinion there is no competition. The low center of gravity makes for better cornering and it just feels more sporty. Yes, the Panamera might be a bit more comfortable and the air suspension a bit more plush, if that is what you're after... The hybrid especially feels more top heavy, leans more in corners, which ruins the driving dynamics of the Panamera.

So far my 2c :lipssealed:
Wife and I split a ‘18 Panny 4S ST and a ‘21 Taycan CT4 and this assessment is spot on. Taycan handles light years better due to low COG and feels smaller and more tidy (even though it is almost the same size). The steering wheel, mirrors and some other parts come from a 911 and it seems to be built to cater to the 911 buyer more so than the big, luxury sedan buyer.

Haven’t tracked either one but on city streets the Taycan is more enjoyable to drive, even if it’s down on power to our panny 4S.

I also drive the Taycan 95% of the time when I have a choice (and it’s not being repaired).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have only done done demo drives and much preferred the Taycan to the Panamera though it could be expectation bias since I know the Panamera is built on a VW group platform (shared with quite a few othe VW group cars) whereas the Taycan chassis is a Porsche engineering project :)
Sponsored