New Taycan and new Panamera under one roof ….our debate is underway!

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
I knew there was some background there, in fact I was going to ask if you were literature teacher/professor at some point. Your post was such an enjoyable read!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DottyB

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag
I knew there was some background there, in fact I was going to ask if you were literature teacher/profession at some point. Your post was such an enjoyable read!
Aw thanks! Won a few regional awards, interviewed amazing people, wrote features/columns but found myself, since 2005, co-owner director of a few children’s/ young people health and social care businesses plus co-founder of a supported housing charity which has just won a national award. Not quite sure how any of that happened….but glad it did! 👏

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I much prefer the Taycan as the BIK is 2%.

Never driven a Panamera, but I can't imagine I would like it more than I prefer the looks of the Taycan. I find the Panamera a bit too conservative / 'old man' for my tastes, and in that class of vehicle, would opt for the RS6.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have not driven the DBX as no interest in SUV, so cannot comment on the AM.
I did have a Panamera and I have to confess still prefer the styling and solidity of the car. I never had any rattles and it was comfortable with a really easy to access boot plus no range anxiety.
Having said that, I do not think I could ever go back. My T4S makes the Panamera appear (sorry to say) sluggish, especially from rest but even at motorway/freeway speeds when accelerating to overtake. The Taycan is like a sports car like to handle and 'feels' smaller (even though it is definitely not), both to manoeuvre and to park. I have to park in a lot of very small, difficult to access parking bays: whilst both have surround view, neither have 4WS and Taycan is definitely easier in this regard.
If they could just have better QC on all the rattles and buzzes from seats/headrest/dashboard and fewer random error messages, Taycan would be perfect!

OP
OP
DottyB

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag

Never driven a Panamera, but I can't imagine I would like it more than I prefer the looks of the Taycan. I find the Panamera a bit too conservative / 'old man' for my tastes, and in that class of vehicle, would opt for the RS6.
I've had a Panamera 4S (v2 pre-facelift) for 2 weeks and a 4-hybrid (v2 facelift) for a couple of days as a loaner to my 4S CT, and I agree on a couple of points, but not on some others ;)

Agree on the fact that the Panamera is the more serious car. It looks and feels bigger, it's put together a tiny bit better than the Taycan and is a bit more comfortable to me. The seats are more plush and more comfortable. The 4S had a Burmester and it sounded almost as good as the B&W in my XC90 (sorry, I'm biased on that one). The 4S also had 4-wheel steering and boy do I regret not having that on my Taycan. Also for (very) high speed driving the Panamera is the way to go. That said, the 4S (non hybrid) is clearly the lighter car and was much more agile than the Hybrid. This brings me to the part I don't agree with...

I absolutely do not agree with the fact that the Panamera drives or handles better than a Taycan or Taycan CT. The difference is substanstial...in favor of the Taycan. Especially in regard to the hybrid in my opinion there is no competition. The low center of gravity makes for better cornering and it just feels more sporty. Yes, the Panamera might be a bit more comfortable and the air suspension a bit more plush, if that is what you're after... The hybrid especially feels more top heavy, leans more in corners, which ruins the driving dynamics of the Panamera.

So far my 2c :lipssealed:
Thanks for the reply … read it to my husband who is sticking to his Panamera guns … maybe it’s just his cornering style. Both cars are decidedly lovely though.. I absolutely love driving the Taycan on country roads!

OP
OP
DottyB

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag
Have not driven the DBX as no interest in SUV, so cannot comment on the AM.
I did have a Panamera and I have to confess still prefer the styling and solidity of the car. I never had any rattles and it was comfortable with a really easy to access boot plus no range anxiety.
Having said that, I do not think I could ever go back. My T4S makes the Panamera appear (sorry to say) sluggish, especially from rest but even at motorway/freeway speeds when accelerating to overtake. The Taycan is like a sports car like to handle and 'feels' smaller (even though it is definitely not), both to manoeuvre and to park. I have to park in a lot of very small, difficult to access parking bays: whilst both have surround view, neither have 4WS and Taycan is definitely easier in this regard.
If they could just have better QC on all the rattles and buzzes from seats/headrest/dashboard and fewer random error messages, Taycan would be perfect!
Thanks for taking the time to respond! Have to say the new Panamera didn’t hang about over the weekend … very speedy! Agree totally on in the solidity and comfort but the Taycan is defo a heckuva fun yet serious ride! Talking of random error messages .. on the same day you replied I had the SOS function fault warning come up. I called in to Porsche and it’s booked in for some TLC on Friday. On a happier note I get a Taycan was a courtesy car 🤗🤗🤗

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Coming from an Audi S7 the Pana was redundantly boring for me,
joining you in the Taycan Frozen Blue Metallic camp (this Fall!?!),
we only get 9 birthdays with one zero following,
Cheers from the other side of the pond!

Last edited:

reggie-g75

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 992 C4S, 2020 Panamera GTS ST
Country flag
We have a Pan ST GTS and a Taycan TS. Love both, the interior in the Pan is far superior to the Taycan (IMO) but the Taycan gets far more use, by both of us! A great pairing IMO, but I’m slightly biased.
Porsche Taycan New Taycan and new Panamera under one roof ….our debate is underway! 6E0B572B-F12F-49E9-9EAA-7C5AB9E05B92

OP
OP
DottyB

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag

Love the “old man” thought…. and agree with the Taycan is a better looking car! Heads defo do turn - I look forward to getting behind the wheel every single day! It’s a while since I’ve felt like that about a car! 😍

OP
OP
DottyB

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag
Coming from an Audi S7 the Pana was too boring for me,
joining you in the Taycan Frozen Blue Metallic camp (this Fall!?!),
we only get 9 birthdays with one zero following,
Cheers from the other side of the pond!
Love it! Just looked up the S7 .. is yours a mild-hybrid? I had a Jaguar i Pace and didn’t know what to go for this time. I was heading towards the new Audi all electric but then discovered it didn’t have surround view cameras 😱😱. I knew I wanted all electric again and our friend, the Porsche dealer principal, suggested we have a Taycan for the weekend. I fell in love with it - if this is your first EV then be prepared to be smitten. The Frozen Blue is stunning - I went for a light interior, the electric charger flap that glides into the bodywork and the blue Porsche lettering at the rear. You are going to love yours!
Greetings from this side of the pond also! 😍

OP
OP
DottyB

DottyB

First Name
Dot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo
Country flag
We have a Pan ST GTS and a Taycan TS. Love both, the interior in the Pan is far superior to the Taycan (IMO) but the Taycan gets far more use, by both of us! A great pairing IMO, but I’m slightly biased.
6E0B572B-F12F-49E9-9EAA-7C5AB9E05B92.jpeg
What’s not to like about having those two brilliant cars on the drive! Since getting his new Panamera he hasn’t driven mine so I don’t think I’ll be fighting him for the keys! I feel a bit smug cos mine is far less expensive to fill,up😂😂😂😂

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Love it! Just looked up the S7 .. is yours a mild-hybrid? I had a Jaguar i Pace and didn’t know what to go for this time. I was heading towards the new Audi all electric but then discovered it didn’t have surround view cameras 😱😱. I knew I wanted all electric again and our friend, the Porsche dealer principal, suggested we have a Taycan for the weekend. I fell in love with it - if this is your first EV then be prepared to be smitten. The Frozen Blue is stunning - I went for a light interior, the electric charger flap that glides into the bodywork and the blue Porsche lettering at the rear. You are going to love yours!
Greetings from this side of the pond also! 😍
My S7 is a conventional ICE, same chassis as Panamera. Haha, test drove an IPace 2 years back. Spec'd standard black Taycan interior, 21" metallic black painted wheels + the premium package. Best regards!

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I went to the dealership to buy a Panamera 4S eHybrid and wound up with a Taycan 4S. I do agree that the interior of the Panamera is more luxurious than the Taycan but after driving the two the choice was pretty clear for me. The Taycan felt like the future we were promised as kids.
Sponsored