GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
@GreggT from the Porsche website you want to create a secondary user. I don't recall if that secondary user can be an existing Porsche ID or must be a new one (I had to delete everything and restart due to my PCM challenges October - December). You (primary user) and your wife (secondary user) will have different Porsche IDs (your Porsche ID password is the same as your MyPorsche password - this is different from the PIN / security code) and different security codes to log into the car. Note the first time you log into the car you need both your Porsche ID and password, then you need the PIN (which you must create on the website). Then you can decide it the PIN must be entered to select the configured users. You probably want to turn that off for convenience. Then provided you and your wife use different keys, the car will remember the last user for each key.
Hey NC_Taycan.....thanks for taking the time to try to help.
After additional searching I actually did find a link in MyPorsche to add a 'Secondary User'.
So it is there......and I'm trying to make it happen. Thanks again.
Sponsored

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
@GreggT from the Porsche website you want to create a secondary user. I don't recall if that secondary user can be an existing Porsche ID or must be a new one (I had to delete everything and restart due to my PCM challenges October - December). You (primary user) and your wife (secondary user) will have different Porsche IDs (your Porsche ID password is the same as your MyPorsche password - this is different from the PIN / security code) and different security codes to log into the car. Note the first time you log into the car you need both your Porsche ID and password, then you need the PIN (which you must create on the website). Then you can decide it the PIN must be entered to select the configured users. You probably want to turn that off for convenience. Then provided you and your wife use different keys, the car will remember the last user for each key.
OK so....I continue to hijack this thread :).
I'm still unsuccessful in adding my wife as a User or Secondary User.
BTW.....as I'm sure others have learned, adding a 2nd user is accomplished by clicking on the graphic image of the Taycan on your MyPorsche landing page.
Atlanta Cus.Support says....says I now have both my wife registered as a Secondary User as well as....a separate My Porsche account in her name for the same Taycan.
The UI in the car's PCM recognizes neither....instead displays...."The credentials entered are incorrect" :headbang: .
Just as an aside..... and I'm anal on terminology but.....to Porsche the terms Log-In and I.D. are apparently one in the same (although referred to differently in different places.....but it's simply the user's email address :rolleyes:). I'm right on this aren't I?......NC Taycan, you had said....." your Porsche ID password is the same as your MyPorsche password"??......yet Log-in/I.D and Password are two different fields on the PCM UI.
OK fine.....now after I enter Log-In, "Password" is the next field.
Finally you have your Security Code or PIN.
Obviously there's more security for this "car' than my bank accounts.
Someday I'll be able to get 'secure enough' for my wife to have an account profile.
BTW....it's her car that I bought for her last March.
Anyway....sorry for the rant.
Pretty sure I must be missing something.
I'll give CusSupport one more shot at trying to navigate this.

KrisMc

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Ginetta G40r, VW T6
Country flag
Hi,
Please may I ask for some advice. Got my absolutely beautiful Carmine Red 4S on 23rd Dec.
Having recurrent problems with:
-the car constantly going into privacy mode even when I turn privacy mode off
-now refusing to charge tonight (currently 120miles still available)
-have to log in everytime I get into the car either with 4 digit code or full ID and password
-tonight the middle display (by dashboard and passenger display) wouldn’t come on, just said unavailable- all I had was the dashboard on my drive home tonight.

I love my car but I am somewhat FTSU Ivy these issues.
Any advice appreciated. Thanks
C
Hi mine has several similar wierd issues it was in straight after I collected on 23rd Nov for 2 days, 23rd Dec for 11 days and again it’s back in yesterday. They reset everything first 2 times.

first time they said it wasn’t charging as I had a timer set. Which I didn’t.
Second time they said it was in privacy mode, which I didn’t set either.

but I have a long list of other electrical issues and strange quirks, luckily I carry 2 phones and managed to get them all on video and pictures.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover - Defender - Taycan Turbo arriving soon
Country flag
Hi mine has several similar wierd issues it was in straight after I collected on 23rd Nov for 2 days, 23rd Dec for 11 days and again it’s back in yesterday. They reset everything first 2 times.

first time they said it wasn’t charging as I had a timer set. Which I didn’t.
Second time they said it was in privacy mode, which I didn’t set either.

but I have a long list of other electrical issues and strange quirks, luckily I carry 2 phones and managed to get them all on video and pictures.
I had a similar problem but found that i was rushing, I’d enter the car and set off to quick nit giving the pcm time to pair with my iPhone.
although you would think it would eventually pair. Since taking time more time I haven’t had any problems.
good luck let me know if this helps

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
OK so....I continue to hijack this thread :).
I'm still unsuccessful in adding my wife as a User or Secondary User.
BTW.....as I'm sure others have learned, adding a 2nd user is accomplished by clicking on the graphic image of the Taycan on your MyPorsche landing page.
Atlanta Cus.Support says....says I now have both my wife registered as a Secondary User as well as....a separate My Porsche account in her name for the same Taycan.
The UI in the car's PCM recognizes neither....instead displays...."The credentials entered are incorrect" :headbang: .
Just as an aside..... and I'm anal on terminology but.....to Porsche the terms Log-In and I.D. are apparently one in the same (although referred to differently in different places.....but it's simply the user's email address :rolleyes:). I'm right on this aren't I?......NC Taycan, you had said....." your Porsche ID password is the same as your MyPorsche password"??......yet Log-in/I.D and Password are two different fields on the PCM UI.
OK fine.....now after I enter Log-In, "Password" is the next field.
Finally you have your Security Code or PIN.
Obviously there's more security for this "car' than my bank accounts.
Someday I'll be able to get 'secure enough' for my wife to have an account profile.
BTW....it's her car that I bought for her last March.
Anyway....sorry for the rant.
Pretty sure I must be missing something.
I'll give CusSupport one more shot at trying to navigate this.
This has happened to multiple users: You correctly enter your Porsche ID (which is the same as when you login on the web) and the password for your Porsche ID (which is the same password as when you login on the web). You get the incorrect credentials thing. You believe you did it right but maybe just maybe you made a mistake. So you re-do it and get the same result. Now you are annoyed. Although the error reported is incorrect credentials, if it took 60 seconds to get that error, it's much more likely a communication issue caused by:

a) Porsche servers are unavailable - this seems to happen a lot

b) Your car doesn't have a good cellular signal

c) Your OTA Communication module is in a funky state (must be remedied at the dealer)

My recommendation:

1) Change your password for your Porsche ID on the Porsche website. Use 7 simple characters (mix of upper and lower case and numbers) and one thing like !

2) Re-login on the website using this new password - to prove you have it correct

3) Move the car somewhere so that the car has a solid LTE signal. You only get a good/bad LTE indication on the PCM - if you see a signal strength bar that's for your Bluetooth phone, not the car.

4) Try to log in

If this fails, take it to the dealer, have them try to log in, if they can't you may need to go through the password change process with them. If they still can't do it, have them check the state of the OTA communication module. It may not have logged any fault codes, but may be stuck in a state where it isn't communicating.

Other steps you can take before going to the dealer if you are more adventuresome - do a 12V disconnect then PCM factory reset before step 3 above.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Again......thanks for taking the time to try to help....and if you don't mind me asking......what is the significance of of using a 7 digit Password?.....mine currently is in 10 and is upper/lower/4 digits and a*.
BTW......my message comes up instantly.......and I have a good cel connect.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Again......thanks for taking the time to try to help....and if you don't mind me asking......what is the significance of of using a 7 digit Password?.....mine currently is in 10 and is upper/lower/4 digits and a*.
BTW......my message comes up instantly.......and I have a good cel connect.
It's actually an 8 digit password (7 + !) and only because that's the minimum length allowed. I don't have any reason to think that a 10 wouldn't work. There have been some posts suggesting that some special characters might be a problem - so perhaps go with something very simple then once it's working go back to your more complex password.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I have a 15 character password with special characters with no issue.

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 15 character password with special characters with no issue.
When I tried when I got my car I had a longer password and the PCM just didn’t work properly. I was advised on this forum
To make it shorter and it worked.
Sponsored