No connectivity

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Yeah, I was pretty surprised too.. My car's 'data' plan just stopped working - so no connectivity to the Porsche Connect servers for location, no Apple music, no 'Internet Radio', no live traffic info and my profile is not able to load because the car cannot connect to data.
IMG_7200.jpeg
IMG_2485.jpeg
IMG_7295.jpeg
IMG_3953 2.jpeg

It is showing a strike-through kind of like =/= next to the status symbol for my phone you can see it in the attached photo (IMG_7200.jpg).

The Porsche service guys dont have a clue, nor do sales. Porsche Connect told me to call AT&T, AT&T say the VIN isn't registered, and to go to the dealer, and the dealer says call Porsche Connect.

Note - I'm not referring to the Wifi hotspot feature - which the car is actually saying it can do (Media, click on the wifi thing and ... and 'internet hotspot') .. this is an actual improvement yesterday the Wifi wasn't showing up at all. It showed up after the 3rd 'factory reset' - the first two attempts failed with a nice message. See the missing QR code and Wifi password.. A minute later the QR updated and my phone was able to connect to the car - data still doesn't work.. baby steps.

Was going to call Porsche again today, got busy..
If I recall many of the Connect services are not available when using the Guest profile. You need to set up a personal profile under Accounts.

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag
If I recall many of the Connect services are not available when using the Guest profile. You need to set up a personal profile under Accounts.
Perhaps - but without active data you cannot create a profile - that no data pic was me trying to log back in after I did the factory reset.

isacumi

First Name
isacumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S
Country flag
Yeah, I was pretty surprised too.. My car's 'data' plan just stopped working - so no connectivity to the Porsche Connect servers for location, no Apple music, no 'Internet Radio', no live traffic info and my profile is not able to load because the car cannot connect to data.
IMG_7200.jpeg
IMG_2485.jpeg
IMG_7295.jpeg
IMG_3953 2.jpeg

It is showing a strike-through kind of like =/= next to the status symbol for my phone you can see it in the attached photo (IMG_7200.jpg).

The Porsche service guys dont have a clue, nor do sales. Porsche Connect told me to call AT&T, AT&T say the VIN isn't registered, and to go to the dealer, and the dealer says call Porsche Connect.

Note - I'm not referring to the Wifi hotspot feature - which the car is actually saying it can do (Media, click on the wifi thing and ... and 'internet hotspot') .. this is an actual improvement yesterday the Wifi wasn't showing up at all. It showed up after the 3rd 'factory reset' - the first two attempts failed with a nice message. See the missing QR code and Wifi password.. A minute later the QR updated and my phone was able to connect to the car - data still doesn't work.. baby steps.

Was going to call Porsche again today, got busy..
I have eaxctly same problem.
Have you solved the problem in your Taycan?
In my local dealer try solve it repacing OTA Unit in my car.
Not sure if it will works....waiting for a new OTA unit (specific for each Taycan)

Please...if you get solve, report here!
I wll do the same.

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag
I have eaxctly same problem.
Have you solved the problem in your Taycan?
In my local dealer try solve it repacing OTA Unit in my car.
Not sure if it will works....waiting for a new OTA unit (specific for each Taycan)

Please...if you get solve, report here!
I wll do the same.
I declined having anything touched.. this has to be a software/configuration thing - I'm thinking with the cell data provider - which I think is AT&T here in California; unfortunately, as I said before - AT&T were unable to find the VIN in their records and without the SIM ICC number - which nobody seems to be able to find/read I'm stuck. I would have thought that the IMEI number would be sufficient to locate the records - but apparently not. (makes me wonder how they locate stolen phones where the sim gets swapped out .. never mind).

If I get any info, I'll be sure and post.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If nothing else, something in PIWIS should be able to read that info, so you might need a trip to the dealer.

isacumi

First Name
isacumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S
Country flag
I declined having anything touched.. this has to be a software/configuration thing - I'm thinking with the cell data provider - which I think is AT&T here in California; unfortunately, as I said before - AT&T were unable to find the VIN in their records and without the SIM ICC number - which nobody seems to be able to find/read I'm stuck. I would have thought that the IMEI number would be sufficient to locate the records - but apparently not. (makes me wonder how they locate stolen phones where the sim gets swapped out .. never mind).

If I get any info, I'll be sure and post.

Hi again.
Today I have received a call from my Porsche agency.

They have replaced the OTA unit and now LTE connection it is working :clap:

If you want i could ask for the "part number" replaced and make a try there in your car.
By the way, SOS button now it is not working, but i think it could be a problem of configuration simply. Monday i will get news.
If you need extra info ask me.

PS: my taycan it is 4S, identical problem than yours.
PS: I will try to make pictures of the OTA unit replaced on Monday.

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi again.
Today I have received a call from my Porsche agency.

They have replaced the OTA unit and now LTE connection it is working :clap:

If you want i could ask for the "part number" replaced and make a try there in your car.
By the way, SOS button now it is not working, but i think it could be a problem of configuration simply. Monday i will get news.
If you need extra info ask me.

PS: my taycan it is 4S, identical problem than yours.
PS: I will try to make pictures of the OTA unit replaced on Monday.
Interesting.. I just spoke with Porsche Connect again - they said there is still a general outage. I'm going to assume it is a software problem before I have the dealer start unscrewing and replacing things.. might be useful to know what part they replaced though.

Along these lines - is anyone else having trouble with the Porsche Connect "ChargeAmerica" app ? It refused to start charging at 2 different EA charger sites this morning, and I had to call EA. Using the EA app works - but then I'm paying for a service I get for free :) yeah yeah I know its not a big deal - its a coffee or two - its the principle.

I love the car; but Porsche needs to take a leaf out of the Tesla book for the software and charge convenience. A Tesla model S driver ws laughing at me trying to charge this morning - I felt like a fool (with a pretty car).

Reactions: jan

isacumi

First Name
isacumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S
Country flag
Interesting.. I just spoke with Porsche Connect again - they said there is still a general outage. I'm going to assume it is a software problem before I have the dealer start unscrewing and replacing things.. might be useful to know what part they replaced though.

Along these lines - is anyone else having trouble with the Porsche Connect "ChargeAmerica" app ? It refused to start charging at 2 different EA charger sites this morning, and I had to call EA. Using the EA app works - but then I'm paying for a service I get for free :) yeah yeah I know its not a big deal - its a coffee or two - its the principle.

I love the car; but Porsche needs to take a leaf out of the Tesla book for the software and charge convenience. A Tesla model S driver ws laughing at me trying to charge this morning - I felt like a fool (with a pretty car).

I thought like you...In fact, i was dislike about start unscrewing and replacing things BUT......

They connected PIWIS and "OTA unit error"......
The Porsche Dealer said me "we must change OTA Unit"
I said..."no good idea but........well proceed"
Yesterday they phoned me "OTA Unit replaced. All works fine".

SUMMARY: It works.

Now, trying solve the SOS calls....actually disable.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Had same problem with connectivity. I resisted the temptation to reset to factory (mainly because of the hassle of reprogramming everything again). Thursday all of a sudden system starting working again - I was on a trip, suddenly got the "map successfully updated" notification.

For the EA, if not working call their help line. They will ask your last 7 digits of the VIN, then charge the app for free for you - I presume up to 30 min.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A Tesla model S driver ws laughing at me trying to charge this morning - I felt like a fool (with a pretty car).
Nothing like an insufferable Tesla fan who is supposed to care about supporting more EVs on the road. It isn't as if there has never been issues with Tesla in their first year...or now.

isacumi

First Name
isacumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S
Country flag
Had same problem with connectivity. I resisted the temptation to reset to factory (mainly because of the hassle of reprogramming everything again). Thursday all of a sudden system starting working again - I was on a trip, suddenly got the "map successfully updated" notification.

For the EA, if not working call their help line. They will ask your last 7 digits of the VIN, then charge the app for free for you - I presume up to 30 min.
I think it wasn't the same problem.
I suffered no connection during map update (2 days), but LTE signal was there.
Tha word "LTE" was in the screen.

A few days later, signal was dead, and i suffered exactly the same problem than you can see in pictures posted by dredman, including "The PCM can only be used with sufficient battery charge".

I think dredman and Me suffered the same problem.

OTA Unit will be necessary to replace.

Monday or Tuesday (as soon as SOS button it is ok too) I will be picking up my car from Porsche Dealer.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

I had the same problem. Same solution. I thought it might be an off shoot of my inability to link my car.
They ARE taking a leaf From Tesla. When the Model S rolled out there were plenty of growing pains.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
I think it wasn't the same problem.
I suffered no connection during map update (2 days), but LTE signal was there.
Tha word "LTE" was in the screen.

A few days later, signal was dead, and i suffered exactly the same problem than you can see in pictures posted by dredman, including "The PCM can only be used with sufficient battery charge".

I think dredman and Me suffered the same problem.

OTA Unit will be necessary to replace.

Monday or Tuesday (as soon as SOS button it is ok too) I will be picking up my car from Porsche Dealer.
Porsche Taycan No connectivity 748BE9EE-8BB5-4AF1-A3E1-C29EE880F5C7

I have the new battery and software update, per dealer. I picked it up a week ago.

Yesterday the Connect app was toast for me, but other stuff was working, except the Bose system. When I started up I could not get it to work. Rebooting the PCM did nothing, nor did restarting the car and rebooting several times. I got a quick flash of the"The PCM can only be used with sufficient battery charge" but 12V at 100% and big boy at 70% charge.

I figured maybe if I plugged in for a charge it might reboot. Plugged in to add 3%. That did the trick, Bose then worked. Worked today too. Clearly lots of software bugs with these new puppies.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
"The PCM can only be used with sufficient battery charge" but 12V at 100% and big boy at 70% charge.
Do we know what that comment implies? I get that when I shut down the car, and just assumed it meant I can't run the PCM for long when the car is off, e.g. just on the 12v.

Or is it a warning of something else?

Thanks
Sponsored