Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Since there has been some discussion lately about the different parking assist features, I just realised that I don't seem to have any way to activate the side view cameras; I can only change to different angles in the 3D view visualisation.

While 3D view is fancy, I honestly find it at best to be a cool but pretty useless gimmick, whereas actually showing the side cameras would be immensely useful when parking in tight spaces.

Am I just not reading the UI correctly or is side view indeed not available for cars with 3D surround view?

Porsche Taycan No side view when specced 3D view? 9C7EE4F9-DBB6-4D1D-A505-F0100E729F03_1_105_c
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looks like you are missing the sideview icon on the left hand side.

This could be deliberate or a software glitch.

FWIW you didn't need to spec the 3D option as there is a bug in the 360 pano version which enables you to simulate 3D (spin the car around etc) for free. This has been in place since MY20 onwards.

Agree its a bit of a faff.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not that it matters at this point, but for MY22 they've bundled 3D view together with numerous different parking assist features (Exit Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Manoeuvring Assist, e.t.c) in the Remote Parking package so if one wants any of those features then you kinda have to get 3D view, as far as I know.

I'm going to visit the Porsche centre on Monday to get my summer tyres so I'll ask about this issue when I'm there. Would be cool if someone here already had an answer, though.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's the same view as mine with 3D camera and parkassit. I also miss the 'curb view' option as I'm bad at scraping my rims lol. I find the 3D side view to be a little inaccurate.

NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
That's the same view as mine with 3D camera and parkassit. I also miss the 'curb view' option as I'm bad at scraping my rims lol. I find the 3D side view to be a little inaccurate.
Agree - Surround View on the Macan was great, Taycan version is rubbish

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Agree - Surround View on the Macan was great, Taycan version is rubbish
Maybe the 3D camera option is different but the side cameras with the optioned Surround view on the Taycan is imo so superior to the Macan it isn't even close. Wife has just received her 22 Macan with surround optioned. Macan side cameras field of view is massively shorter. Just about able to see the rubber end of the wheels making it near enough useless for width restrictions. On the Taycan the side cameras provide a much greater view allowing you to line up to width restrictions therefore saving those expensive wheels.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m guessing you need to press the cameras to activate side view if you have 3D. I only specced surround view. As you can see from mine I have a extra icon at the bottom (highlight in blue) to activate side view.
Porsche Taycan No side view when specced 3D view? C8663BA6-DB36-417D-8A12-50314D33C62A

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Except for the front and back camera, the other camera icons only rotates the 3D view camera into different preset angles.

The bottom one with the two arrows simply activates 3D view so that you can rotate the camera around the car.

Like I said, fancy, but almost impossible to actually determine the distance to objects since everything is so warped.

Porsche Taycan No side view when specced 3D view? DB08A776-C5E6-41E0-8350-0762EB73D510

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Except for the front and back camera, the other camera icons only rotates the 3D view camera into different preset angles.

The bottom one with the two arrows simply activates 3D view so that you can rotate the camera around the car.

Like I said, fancy, but almost impossible to actually determine the distance to objects since everything is so warped.

DB08A776-C5E6-41E0-8350-0762EB73D510.jpeg
So no camera view like mine when you choose 3d option?

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope, not what I can see at least. Really odd limitation.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I’m guessing you need to press the cameras to activate side view if you have 3D. I only specced surround view. As you can see from mine I have a extra icon at the bottom (highlight in blue) to activate side view.
C8663BA6-DB36-417D-8A12-50314D33C62A.jpeg
I have the same - with Surround View specced.
Really useful to try and avoid kerbing the wheels.

Really surprised it's not included on the more expensive 360 view (if I am reading this thread correctly).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Someone recently posted elsewhere on this forum that, although the relevant icon wasn't displayed, it was possible to activate one of the park assist functions by touching the screen where the icon should have been- I wonder if that applies to the side view icon, assuming it should appear just below the front/rear icon?

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Since there has been some discussion lately about the different parking assist features, I just realised that I don't seem to have any way to activate the side view cameras; I can only change to different angles in the 3D view visualisation.

While 3D view is fancy, I honestly find it at best to be a cool but pretty useless gimmick, whereas actually showing the side cameras would be immensely useful when parking in tight spaces.

Am I just not reading the UI correctly or is side view indeed not available for cars with 3D surround view?

9C7EE4F9-DBB6-4D1D-A505-F0100E729F03_1_105_c.jpeg
The top down view looks perfectly clear to me and can easily help me avoid curb rashes. I've also tested getting close to the curb while pulling into a spot, and I also got an audible warning. It was pretty conservative because I was a good foot away from the curb. This view was really nice since it shows the vehicle moving as it was going into the spot. I am happy with this angle. Now, the back up camera is another story of its own. It's a nightmare to say the least.
Porsche Taycan No side view when specced 3D view? IMG_6701