K777

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have had my Turbo for two weeks now and have some pretty annoying noises.

1. Brake pedal makes a noise when pressing hard for the hold. (from day 2)

2. Drivers seat squeaks, goes for a moment if seat or back repositioned. (from day 2)

and the most annoying noise-

3. Passenger headrest (18 way seats),or what seems to be the headrest, something rattling about inside the chair over the slightest uneven surface (which is in UK is pretty much all the time) This suddenly developed 3 days ago. Its ok if someone in the seat.

I will get the car booked in to get sorted eventually, but wondering if any others have any of these issues.
My biz partners brake pedal occasional makes the fart noise.

Other than that the car is awesome ( my 4th Porsche)
Sponsored

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
I have had my Turbo for two weeks now and have some pretty annoying noises.

1. Brake pedal makes a noise when pressing hard for the hold. (from day 2)

2. Drivers seat squeaks, goes for a moment if seat or back repositioned. (from day 2)

and the most annoying noise-

3. Passenger headrest (18 way seats),or what seems to be the headrest, something rattling about inside the chair over the slightest uneven surface (which is in UK is pretty much all the time) This suddenly developed 3 days ago. Its ok if someone in the seat.

I will get the car booked in to get sorted eventually, but wondering if any others have any of these issues.
My biz partners brake pedal occasional makes the fart noise.

Other than that the car is awesome ( my 4th Porsche)
Sorry to hear about this for you, guess one of the disadvantages of getting a quieter car! Reminds me of the old VW Golf advert where the mechanic was trying to find the squeak.
Hope you get it sorted, we are picking our car up sometime this month, so hoping not to have any rattles or noises!

OP
OP
K777

K777

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry to hear about this for you, guess one of the disadvantages of getting a quieter car! Reminds me of the old VW Golf advert where the mechanic was trying to find the squeak.
Hope you get it sorted, we are picking our car up sometime this month, so hoping not to have any rattles or noises!
Yeah, I recall the advert and the ear ring, quite a good advert.

However, take a spanner put it in a tin and bang it about several times over every bump then you get the idea what the passenger seat rattle is like. We actually think the headrest adjustable sliding pins might have had something come loose inside)

I have had hybrid Panamera's for 5 years so am used to relative silent driving with the odd clunk or strange clicking noise, from somewhere, honestly these really a sign of a poor build, something which I have not experienced before in a Porsche, and suspect its rushing builds to catch up after their partial lock down, and the rush to get cars into the UK before 31/12.

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Yeah, I recall the advert and the ear ring, quite a good advert.

However, take a spanner put it in a tin and bang it about several times over every bump then you get the idea what the passenger seat rattle is like. We actually think the headrest adjustable sliding pins might have had something come loose inside)

I have had hybrid Panamera's for 5 years so am used to relative silent driving with the odd clunk or strange clicking noise, from somewhere, honestly these really a sign of a poor build, something which I have not experienced before in a Porsche, and suspect its rushing builds to catch up after their partial lock down, and the rush to get cars into the UK before 31/12.
Heard about that on here somewhere, something to do with possible 10 percent extra tariffs if Hard Brexit. I had an Audi R8 V10 that had an annoying squeak that seemed to come from the rear all the time, once you heard it, it was hard to ignore. Spent many an hour trying to locate it. Eventually an Audi tech found it to be a simple case of the rear central brake light located directly behind the seats forward of the engine to be the culprit. Some sealant had come loose meaning it was rubbing against the bodywork as we drove over bumps. £5 fix for about 5 months of annoyance! Hopefully yours gets fixed a lot sooner. Makes sense what you said about the sliding pins.

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was about to make a similar post. The rattling from the driver and passenger door in my car is making me insane. I have carbon fiber trim with neodyme accents and I'm wondering if it's that combo that's causing it. I have never had a car with rattling this bad. It has nothing to do with the silence of the car. I can sit in a parking lot and play music with some bass and hear the rattles on both sides. I have had it twice to the dealership and they couldn't identify it. Very annoying in a car of this caliber.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry to hear. That must be really annoying. No noises at all in my car, fingers crossed.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have an occasional rattle from the passenger side. Pretty sure it's both the passenger door speaker & the passenger seatbelt adjuster. Both are intermittent and haven't felt the need to take it in yet. I will probably have them fix them when I swap on the winter tires.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have an occasional rattle from the passenger side. Pretty sure it's both the passenger door speaker & the passenger seatbelt adjuster. Both are intermittent and haven't felt the need to take it in yet. I will probably have them fix them when I swap on the winter tires.
Same here. It's weird how it randomly seems to re-appear.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have a rattle when closing driver's door, not when driving.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I recall Don @louv talk about his passenger headrest rattling when he was doing his country tour.

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
Check to see if your lower B Pillar trim panel is loose.

Porsche Taycan Noises driving me nuts Lower B Pillar trim 2

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
I'm sorry to say I had at whopping ten (or more) different rattles, squeaks and buzzes.

Door cards all of them, headliner, seats, dash board, speaker grill passenger side, dashboard near steering wheel, trim above door, seat belt outlets..

Some were quietish. Some, when they happened were ridiculous. Some were constant on coarse road surfaces. To be fair the car was silent on very smooth, very flat roads :)

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
I have one particularly loud and annoying rattle from the passenger door. It‘s proportional to volume on the stereo and harsh roads. Whenever I or a passenger apply pressure to the arm rest it disappears. So, I’m assuming it’s a contact point or something internal like a clip. I’ll have them look at it when the winter tires go on. Interestingly, I did drive a Nissan Rogue rental car with well over 100,000 miles on it the other day and there were so many rattles in that thing that they effectively drown each other out and became ambient noise. I think the problem with the Taycan is that it’s so quiet that even the faintest rattle gets your attention. So, in summary, you either want a whole hell of a lot of rattles or none at all—in between is the worst!

Last edited:

swebbs850

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i Conv; Jaguar E-Pace; Landrover Series 2A
Country flag
Had a really annoying rattle from the passenger door speaker behind driver on my test drive. When I mentioned it to the dealer he said 'the trouble with such a quite car....blah' which frankly was an excuse. It rattled! Felt it was a bit of a patronising comment really.
Sponsored