Status
Not open for further replies.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I am going to bet there will be two front motors and the rear new one from the Turbo S maxed out for a sub 2 second 0-100 Km. time on the new GT … Any takers ? 🤪
Any takers for the car? or for the bet? I'm sure @007 will take the car for $20.
Sponsored

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
Didn’t the promo video about doing the hot laps around the ’Ring admit that there was currently no fast charging at the track, and that Porsche had to bring their own generator and charger?

And didn’t the 1 hour Lucid Air Sapphire video that went on about how the handling is modeled after great ICE sports cars eventually admit that they could only get 1 or 2 all-out laps before the thermals reduced the power, and that they had to bring their own generator and charger since there wasn’t any at the track?

How is this super Taycan going to be the ultimate track toy?

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Didn’t the promo video about doing the hot laps around the ’Ring admit that there was currently no fast charging at the track, and that Porsche had to bring their own generator and charger?

And didn’t the 1 hour Lucid Air Sapphire video that went on about how the handling is modeled after great ICE sports cars eventually admit that they could only get 1 or 2 all-out laps before the thermals reduced the power, and that they had to bring their own generator and charger since there wasn’t any at the track?

How is this super Taycan going to be the ultimate track toy?
There's a 4-bay v3 (250 kW) Tesla Supercharger (open to all) there.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
C&D's latest Lightning Lap included a Lucid Sapphire - and it was exactly that: great handling, 1 hot lap at a time, 25% SoC/lap.

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
Didn’t Porsche learn from the whole Cayenne teaser in the dark with smoke and headlights not to do that lest they set themselves up for comments like that the car must be so ugly they don’t want anyone to see it? I guess noone is working at Porsche who still remembers.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
do you think they removed the passenger seats on the back like in GT Models. I cannot see a head rest on the shadow pic above where usually is one...

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
do you think they removed the passenger seats on the back like in GT Models. I cannot see a head rest on the shadow pic above where usually is one...
It would not surprise me if they have. Saving weight there plus perhaps less insulation materiel? Logically there should then also be lightweight bucket seats?

Clearly the car Lars Kern drove had that plus a roll cage.

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
I can’t believe Porsche market this new variant as any type of track focused vehicle. I love mine for what it does on the road but it would be ludicrously heavy for track use.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Really hope they don’t remove that back seats that would make this car pretty useless in my opinion.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
the weight saving would be negligible and quite pointless for a 4 door sedan. :)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Jaguar did it with the Project 8- having 4 doors seems more important than having more than 2 seats for the record books.

Status
Not open for further replies.