Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
OK, this will probably ruffle a few feathers, but it sounds to me like you need to get the 911. As a previous poster said, everyone should drive a 911 at some point in their life - if you can afford it. Since you can afford it, and you obviously love your experience with the car, get it. Drive it for as long as you need and then trade it in for the latest Taycan. You should get a great resale value for the car, and if we're talking a few years, whatever Taycan you buy at that time will be significantly more advanced and problem-free than what we've got now. If you get the Taycan now, you probably won't ever own a 911.

Right now, I would say the 911 is close to it's peak as the ultimate ICE sportscar. The Taycan is just starting. Drive the best ICE car in the world for a few years, while you can, then get the best EV on the planet after all the bugs have been worked out.
Sponsored

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Having driven both and owned a couple different 911s, if a 911 is on bucket checklist, you should just go and get one now and experience the driving and ownership for yourself and at least get that curiosity satisfied.

Owning a 911 was never a 'must do' car goal for me but I was in the position to do so and loving cars in general, I decided to do it and I enjoyed the experience and Porsche community quite a bit. However these days with a busy work schedule, two little kids and changing priorities, I was not driving my latest 911 the way I wanted to and decided it was time to move on to something else, hence diving into electrified Porsches. I've had my 911 seat time and its great but with my curiosity satisfied, onto the next 4 wheeled adventure.

The Taycan is definitely no substitute for a 911, but I currently want a different car to use anyway.

I don't consider the two interchangeable at all.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
simple really

do you want the worlds premier ICE sports car?

or

do you want the world premiere EV sports sedan?

answer that and you'll have your choice.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
simple really

do you want the worlds premier ICE sports car?

or

do you want the world premiere EV sports sedan?

answer that and you'll have your choice.
Even simpler

Do you want the world's premier sports car?
(there's no EV sports car right now that can really compete with the 911 in its class)

or

Do you want the world's premier sports sedan?
(there's no ICE sports sedan that's better either - IMHO)

TayJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla MS, Taycan 4S (ETA 7/30) Range Rover
Country flag
OK, this will probably ruffle a few feathers, but it sounds to me like you need to get the 911. As a previous poster said, everyone should drive a 911 at some point in their life - if you can afford it. Since you can afford it, and you obviously love your experience with the car, get it. Drive it for as long as you need and then trade it in for the latest Taycan. You should get a great resale value for the car, and if we're talking a few years, whatever Taycan you buy at that time will be significantly more advanced and problem-free than what we've got now. If you get the Taycan now, you probably won't ever own a 911.

Right now, I would say the 911 is close to it's peak as the ultimate ICE sportscar. The Taycan is just starting. Drive the best ICE car in the world for a few years, while you can, then get the best EV on the planet after all the bugs have been worked out.
That is what I am about to do as my Taycan 4S is due in 1 week. I will have to walk away from the Taycan and wait for 911 2S (may take a while but I can wait)
Sponsored