GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel?

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Hey all,

I am a current Taycan 4S owner (and loving it) but looking to replace my aging SUV.

In Feb. 2022 I put down a deposit for a GENESIS GV60, their 1st fully electric crossover with dedicated platform.

Yes, I know it's basically a tarted-up Hyundai Ioniq / Kia EV6, but it has better luxury appointments, etc.

The internet is really hating this car, even though it hasn't even hit the streets yet. Mine is on the assembly line in Seoul right now (#61) and will be arriving around Sept. 2022.

Here's some info, for those who aren't familiar with this new EV:

SO WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? It's priced at $59K US ($79K in Canada where I live) ... should I hold on? Or should I cancel?

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? scree genesis-gv60-2

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? GV60 car copy

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? scree genesis-gv60-ev-crossover-studio-135

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? genesis-gv60-ev-crossover-studio-133

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? GV60 specs

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? GV60 colors copy

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 12.09.40 PM

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I cannot comment on this car however my son drives a 2022 g70 sedan and is quite happy with the car.

considering that the hyundai/kia versions are sold out and you have this one locked in why not take? at worst you could flip it when it comes in.

Allegedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender, '22 Ford Bronco, '22 Tayc
Country flag
Well, the Ioniq is hideous. I was behind one the other day and I wanted to rear end it on principle.

This one's really not bad looking. A little small?

Buy it, try it, if you don't like it after a couple months, flip it and buy something else. You should be able to make some money on it.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
I'd probably get any other EV over the Genesis (simply from a styling perspective). I'd even consider a Tesla. The RZ450e doesn't look bad, however the range is poor.

Last edited:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hey all,

I am a current Taycan 4S owner (and loving it) but looking to replace my aging SUV.

In Feb. 2022 I put down a deposit for a GENESIS GV60, their 1st fully electric crossover with dedicated platform.

Yes, I know it's basically a tarted-up Hyundai Ioniq / Kia EV6, but it has better luxury appointments, etc.

The internet is really hating this car, even though it hasn't even hit the streets yet. Mine is on the assembly line in Seoul right now (#61) and will be arriving around Sept. 2022.

SO WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? It's priced at $59K US ($79K in Canada where I live) ... should I hold on? Or should I cancel?

scree genesis-gv60-2.jpg

GV60 car copy.jpg

scree genesis-gv60-ev-crossover-studio-135.jpg

genesis-gv60-ev-crossover-studio-133.jpg

GV60 specs.jpg

GV60 colors copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 12.09.40 PM.png
I would keep it as a 2nd car. The Taycan is great but I wouldn’t want to park it everywhere or rack up excess mileage with it. The Genesis should be good for the times you want to have the Taycan “sit this one out”.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I actually like the looks of the GV60 much better than any of the Teslas I've looked at. The price is decent and the performance seems reasonable as well. Car and Driver liked it as did Motor1. I really don't see anything to really dislike. I like the interior much better than the Mach-E or the Tesla SUVs.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Hey all,

scree genesis-gv60-2.jpg

GV60 car copy.jpg

scree genesis-gv60-ev-crossover-studio-135.jpg

genesis-gv60-ev-crossover-studio-133.jpg

GV60 specs.jpg

GV60 colors copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 12.09.40 PM.png
For sure keep the order and flip it if you don't like it. I'm in the same boat and ordered a Lyriq for my wife last week. Hopefully the Macan EV and Q6 eTron will make it to market before I have to park a bizarre looking Lyric in my garage; but almost anything EV is better than the global-warming gas pig she drives now.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I would definitely keep it. It is a promising car with some very interesting features that I would love to try for a while (FaceID/TouchID being one of them).

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
FrozenRobert

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Thanks to everyone for their input. I appreciate it. This vehicle is to replace an aging MB 350 SUV that (of course) is going to need extravagant repairs of parts made by Elves using Mithril and magically-imbued PVC. Not to mention the mind-blowing labour costs MB charges their customers.

I actually quite like the exterior design of the GV60, I think it's understated yet modern and original. I like the gas-powered GV70 design even better but the e-version of that one won't be here for 2-3 years.

Given the bizarro world of used car sales we currently live in, I think I will flip it after driving it and deciding it's just "not right". However I think it will be a nice replacement for my Dieselgate MB that I'm currently driving.

OP
OP
FrozenRobert

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
I found some more new promo shots of the GV60.

It seems to be very polarizing. Some people hate the look, some love it. I think it looks cool. The luxury appointments in the interior blow the Tesla Model 3 out of the water (here in Canada they are priced similarly).

Here's some new shots (BTW mine's supposed to be coming the end of Summer 2022) ... but the Cybertruck was already supposed to be here in 2018, so who knows?

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? _GV60a
Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? _GV60c
Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? _GV60f
Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? _GV60k
Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? _GV60

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I love it. There's a lot I actually do like about Tesla so our "family car" is a MY LR, but I'd def consider the GV60. A tarted up Ioniq/EV6 is a good thing. Half of the Audis are tarted up VWs right and people dont seem to mind 😅

Draman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don't like the exterior of this, it seems bulbous and economy car like. If they combined the interior of this with the exterior design of the Ioniq 5, it would be pretty appealing to me

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Keep it to replace your MB for now, and as others said you can flip it for not much of a loss if you want something else later. Particularly since you said you like the styling. I don't like the styling and probably wouldn't buy one because of it, but if I was you, I wouldn't worry about what others think about that. It seems like a solid vehicle in other aspects, so if you're ok with the styling yourself, you'll probably be happy

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey all,

I test drove an EV6 and really liked it. It was more comfortable than the Mustang Mach E, more luxurious than both the ID4 and the Mach E and handled better too. My only concern was the reality of the range. They state 248 Miles, but based on various internet reviews I'm hearing it's much less. What's the real-world range? That's my major concern with the GV60/EV6.
Sponsored