GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Sorry but for me (and perhaps me alone!), there are so many levels of ugly on this car, interior and exterior, that I can't ever imagine owning one - again all about personal preferences and I guess I've shared mine :)!

OP
OP
FrozenRobert

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
So last week I actually got a chance to drive a Genesis GV60 here in Canada. I was very fortunate: the dealer actually had one in stock as a demo, and they invited me to try it out since I had put my name down more than 6 months ago.

Here's some photos in real life:

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (1)

The color is basically high gloss silver. Excellent fit & finish all around. It looks way better in person than on the intertubes.

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (2)

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (4)

The interior is absolutely gorgeous. Puts the Tesla to shame, IMHO. Everything is leather, top-notch quality.

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (6)

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (3)

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (5)

I drove my Model 3 to the dealer on the freeway and used a decibel meter. Avg sound in the Tesla at freeway speed? 83dB.

I drove the GV60 on the freeway at same speeds and average interior sound: 65dB. And remember, that's logarithmic.

I'll write a more thorough "review" later this weekend.

Overall impressions: I can't wait until I get mine. Just got confirmation that it's actually built and on the ship, transiting the Pacific right now. :)

Now I have to get rid of my 2022 Datsun -- I mean Tesla Model 3. Anyone want a gently used Model 3? Please?

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Go for itā€¦looks thatā€™s made better than Tesla3ā€¦..imo, it also looks (much) better as well.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am an ex Taycan 4S owner and current Ford Mach-e GT owner.
I text drove the GV60 Performance model. Here are my quick thoughts:

Exterior looks: so-so
Interior looks: good
Interior space: More than the Taycan, especially the rear seat. Smaller than the Ford. Smaller trunk and tiny frunk.
Interior quality: better than the Taycan that rattles too much. Also more luxurious than the Ford MME
Performance: Similar to both the Taycan 4s and the Ford MME GT. The 10 sec boost button is addictive.
Handling: Probably on par with the Ford but not as good as the Taycan. However I did not have a chance to push it around corners. Overall it felt reasonably planted on the road for what it is.

At 69k MSRP (minus the Federal tax credit) I would almost certainly buy it over any Tesla. Compared to the Ford GT is a close call. I liked the interior of the GV60 more but you get "more car" with about the same money with the Ford.

p.s. 1 my local dealer was asking +3k over MSRP
p.s. 2 one out of the four GV60s on the lot was totally dead presumably with a flat 12v battery. Some internet research reveals that it is not an uncommon problem for this new Hyundai platform. I guess they have the same first year problems that both the Taycan and Ford MME had.

Last edited:

OP
OP
FrozenRobert

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Yeah I'm aware of the battery issue. Hyundai is working on it. Not all vehicles on the E-GMP platform are affected.

I agree with you on your statements, the Taycan wins on handling, but the Genesis is a heck of a car for the money.

Not as much range as the Tesla Model 3 MY2022 that I currently own, but the luxurious ride and beautiful interior of the GV60 are fantastic. It puts the Model 3 to shame, really, in terms of interior appointments.

And get this -- the Genesis has an amazing feature called a SPEEDOMETER for the DRIVER. SO YOU CAN SEE HOW FAST YOU ARE GOING. Without looking at an iPad 2 feet away. Wow. What a concept. Tesla, WTF? :facepalm:

Here in Canada dealers are not adding mark-up on these models, they're not well known yet and I'm getting MSRP. There definitely IS mark-up on IONIQ 5 and Kia EV6 models -- if you can even find one. The dealer here has been very helpful.

And yes -- that BOOST button is really addictive. When I returned the test vehicle to the dealer I apologized profusely for any speeding tickets. It was a total blast to drive.

babaloo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '21 Taycan, '19 Cayenne. '20 580S
Country flag
Robert

I share your thoughts about the GV60 - i like the car

my first 4S was totalled, my new 4S should be here in FL in September

I have been looking at the GV60 for a while. Dealers in FL have no clue when they will see a GV 60, so I will probably buy the 4S, it is half the cost of the 4S

I would buy it, you can always flip

OP
OP
FrozenRobert

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Here's some more photos and a few more comments:

Side view, not a great fan of the wheels (too busy) but meh. I'll take them.

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (4)

The magical sphere every auto reviewer talks about. Good feature, actually.

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (2)

Better view of the front passenger area. High-quality touch surfaces everywhere + alcantera, very comfortable and hard-touch buttons for all important controls (HVAC, mirrors, etc.).

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (6)

I apologize, this was the actual reading while in my Tesla at 80 km/h:

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (8)

This was the actual reading in the GV60 at the same speed:

Porsche Taycan GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel? 2022 07_ - 1 (5)

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry but for me (and perhaps me alone!), there are so many levels of ugly on this car, interior and exterior, that I can't ever imagine owning one - again all about personal preferences and I guess I've shared mine :)!
Agreed, the front fascia with the fish mouth and gills is a bit of an off-putting aesthetic. At least itā€™s better than the BMW iX and its beaver teeth.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I couldnā€™t get my wife to like it enough to buy it. She really liked the GV60, but she found the turning radius to be too large; she is definitely one of those people who would appreciate a RAS option for the GV60. She is holding out for the Audi E-tron S Sportback. Too bad for me, since the GV60 is significantly cheaper. :headbang:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Styling is a completely subjective thing and I mean no offense at all when I say that I really dislike the way this vehicle looks. I personally prefer the Ioniq 5 styling.
Sponsored