f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
@f1eng I think it’s the same in US vs UK. Maybe you can confirm…

AFAIK, if you provide a configurator code to your SA, anything listed under the Tequipment section is treated as a separate transaction. It doesn’t get fitted to / placed inside the car at the factory, rather it becomes a separate parts order, and it’s upon the dealership to coordinate that with the car order. In the configurator Tequipment section, you can select multiple sets of wheels, multiple sets of rubber mats, multiple sets of roofbars. They don’t cram all of that stuff into the car at the factory.
My original post was asking if it is possible to spec winter tires on the wheels that the car rolls out of factory on, not what might get installed by the dealership on delivery day.
I ordered mine on the wheels I like by far the best but expect the car to come in winter so specified my favoured wheel choice for winter tyres as well at the time of order.
Sponsored

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Reading back over @kort and @f1eng’s messages, I realize the issue is with nomenclature, not differing purchase experiences. Being an expat in the US, I realize someone from the UK would consider ‘aftermarket’ to mean strictly 3rd party, and not OEM, irrespectively of whether the parts were intrinsic to the original purchase, and irrespectively of when they were purchased.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
From my sales advisor.

Porsche Taycan Ordering Build With Winter Tires? 1D96A75F-7D84-4590-86BE-591A2DE642AA
Sponsored