Ordering Build With Winter Tires?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
The US configurator seems to only allow the main build wheels to be fitted with summer tires or all season tires, with winters limited to the Tequipment section - which as I understand it is essentially a separate parts order.

Does anybody know from experience if it’s possible to have your SA modify one’s order to spec winter tires on the main wheels?

My delivery date is mid November and I am thinking this would allow me to avoid asking the dealer to immediately swap the delivered wheels to winters and to delay purchase of a summer set.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
The US configurator seems to only allow the main build wheels to be fitted with summer tires or all season tires, with winters limited to the Tequipment section - which as I understand it is essentially a separate parts order.

Does anybody know from experience if it’s possible to have your SA modify one’s order to spec winter tires on the main wheels?

My delivery date is mid November and I am thinking this would allow me to avoid asking the dealer to immediately swap the delivered wheels to winters and to delay purchase of a summer set.
I have not heard of something like that being possible. I'm guessing that they do not deliver cars with winter tires on the car.

I found this comment
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/20”-tires-for-the-winter-suggestions.2540/#post-35070

I personally swear by the Hakkas for winter, but since I now am in FLA I haven't bought a set in a long time.

https://www.nokiantires.com/winter-tires/nokian-hakkapeliitta-r3/

Last edited:

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Pirelli PZero Winter is the NF0 spec winter tire, but not being included on the configurator or order guides likely means the car can't be ordered from the factory this way.

I plan on buying a set for this winter and will just swap my summers out unless I happen upon a set of used wheels at a good deal.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I'm expecting my Taycan RWD to be delivered mid-December. I had a call with my sales guy this morning and he told me he can't order the car with winter tires.

So, I'm buying Haka's and having having them installed at my local tire dealer.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm expecting my Taycan RWD to be delivered mid-December. I had a call with my sales guy this morning and he told me he can't order the car with winter tires.

how are you dealing with the different front and rear sizes?

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
TireRack and my local tire installer both had sets of winter tires for the Taycan. My local guy uses Hakan and Tirerack had PZero's. I was planning to order them and have them delivered to my installer. I was not aware that winter tires have different front/rear sizes.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TireRack and my local tire installer both had sets of winter tires for the Taycan. My local guy uses Hakan and Tirerack had PZero's. I was planning to order them and have them delivered to my installer. I was not aware that winter tires have different front/rear sizes.
regardless of the rating of the tires, the front and rear tires are different sizes

Reactions: B61

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

I have ordered winter tyres on wheels from Porsche.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I had the dealer draw up the contract including ContiVikingContact 6, 19 inch. Upton taking delivery they will have put winter tires on the car and loaded the summer tires in the back.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
that would be aftermarket
Another example of the difference between English and American perhaps. The Techquipment ones I ordered are on the Porsche configurator iirc along with rubber mats for the boot..

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another example of the difference between English and American perhaps. The Techquipment ones I ordered are on the Porsche configurator iirc along with rubber mats for the boot..
yes, same language but differing meanings.
if it cannot be ordered and on the car when delivered it is considered aftermarket. in the US you cannot have the car fitted and delivered with a set of winter tires.

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
@f1eng I think it’s the same in US vs UK. Maybe you can confirm…

AFAIK, if you provide a configurator code to your SA, anything listed under the Tequipment section is treated as a separate transaction. It doesn’t get fitted to / placed inside the car at the factory, rather it becomes a separate parts order, and it’s upon the dealership to coordinate that with the car order. In the configurator Tequipment section, you can select multiple sets of wheels, multiple sets of rubber mats, multiple sets of roofbars. They don’t cram all of that stuff into the car at the factory.
My original post was asking if it is possible to spec winter tires on the wheels that the car rolls out of factory on, not what might get installed by the dealership on delivery day.
Sponsored