bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Just received this via email! Thoughts? The video shows it as a 30 minute update.

Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! PCNA_Email_Header

Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! Recall_Workshop_Hero_image
This notice applies to your vehicle:
Dear Mr. Herrick,

Porsche has developed FREE Over-The-Air (“OTA”) software updates available now specifically for your vehicle and plans to offer additional updates in the future. However, you need to take certain steps to be eligible to receive these FREE software updates. Your Porsche Center will also be able to update your vehicle at no cost to you; however, Porsche wants to give you the opportunity to install the newest software without the need for you to visit a Porsche Center.

What you should do to be eligible for FREE software updates:
Watch the video here for an interactive view.
Online OR In-App via Smartphone:
You must complete registration in My Porsche.com or My Porsche app

In-Car - In order to Download the Update:
  • You will need to deactivate Privacy Mode
  • You will need to be signed in as the main user in the vehicle
  • The vehicle will need an active data connection

Once these preconditions are met in the vehicle, the update will download to the vehicle in the background while the vehicle is on. An audible "ding" will occur when the update is fully downloaded (similar to a Navigation or Infotainment update), BUT the update can only be installed when the vehicle is not moving and the below conditions are followed.

What you should do to start the FREE software update
  • The vehicle must be in Park
  • Power off vehicle (In the Taycan this is done by pressing the POWER button) but do not exit the vehicle
  • Doors, windows, sunroof and trunk must all be closed fully (power off the vehicle but do not exit, so the PCM is still active)
  • After initiating the update in the PCM, you can exit the vehicle (doors must be locked to start the update)
  • If your vehicle is a Taycan or Plug-In Hybrid, the vehicle can't be plugged in to charge at any point during the update, nor can it be plugged in at the start of the update.

What should you do if you are not receiving notifications to install the OTA
Updates?

If you believe that you are eligible for OTA updates and have met all of the preconditions above, but the updates are still not popping up in your PCM after several weeks, please call Porsche Customer Service at 1-800-PORSCHE or your local dealer in order to troubleshoot. Please mention “OTA” or “Over the Air Update” in your call to ensure you are directed to the correct team. Porsche Center can perform the update if you are not able to perform it by yourself.

What should you do if the update fails?

If the update fails to install after you choose to install it, please contact your local Porsche Center in order to schedule a visit to have them install the update for you at NO CHARGE TO YOU.
To find your nearest authorized Porsche Center, visit www.porsche.com/usa

What if you are not the owner or operator of this vehicle?
If you are the lessor and registered owner of the vehicle identified above, please forward this email to the lessee within 10 days of receipt. If you’ve changed your address or sold the vehicle, please click one of the links below or contact customer support so we can update our records.

Change Your Address

No Longer Own Vehicle

Sincerely,
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.​
Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! PCNA_Email_Footer_Divider
Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! PCNA_Email_Footer_Facebook
Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! PCNA_Email_Footer_Youtube
Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! PCNA_Email_Footer_Twitter
Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! PCNA_Email_Footer_Pinterest
Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! PCNA_Email_Footer_Instagram
Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! PCNA_Email_Footer_LinkedIn
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you may opt out at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link or by visiting our online unsubscribe web form at: https://www.porsche.com/usa/dialogue/newsletter/unsubscribe/

Porsche recommends seat-belt usage and observance of traffic laws at all times.
©2023 Porsche Cars North America, Inc. | One Porsche Drive | Atlanta, Georgia 30354

Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions, please contact 1-800-PORSCHE
[email protected].

Privacy Policy | Legal Notice

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I’m sitting in my car watching the updates app for 10 minutes now as it is ‘searching’ for updates / no idea if it is actually downloading in background but not exactly transparent nor promising at the minute - patience apparently required!!

Tried powering off again in case already downloaded but no prompt appeared to install so I guess not.

Have full 4 of 5 bars LTE embedded SIM card connection so that’s not the issue.

Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! IMG_2177

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
I watched the video....in step 723... it tells you to start the installation, exit the vehicle and lock the vehicle...and once the update it is complete you can start your car again....how do you know it is done if you can't enter the vehicle? App will let you know?

OP
OP
bah1590

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I’m sitting in my car watching the updates app for 10 minutes now as it is ‘searching’ for updates / no idea if it is actually downloading in background but not exactly transparent nor promising at the minute - patience apparently required!!

Tried powering off again in case already downloaded but no prompt appeared to install so I guess not.

Have full 4 of 5 bars LTE embedded SIM card connection so that’s not the issue.

IMG_2177.jpeg
Did you watch the linked video? Not sure that would help.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you watch the linked video? Not sure that would help.
Yes and point is you need the update to have downloaded to proceed which (download) only happens when car is ‘on’ - nothing yet and again, the update app is stuck in a spinning wheel with car on which either suggests it’s actively downloading in background and not telling me or is stuck - again, I have a full LTE SIM connection active.

OP
OP
bah1590

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'm guessing it is this update: 2023 Model Year update for all Taycans. Mine has OTA software updates enabled, and I have been receiving OTA updates. It isn't currently showing any pending updates. I'll go and check the software versions.
No, your link was an update from 2022 and had to be done at the dealership. Today's update will hopefully mean less future trips to the dealer for software updates.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Same email received here. Seemed to imply there was a new update available or coming soon, but if not, then this was just a silly reminder email…

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well after 15 mins with everything correct to receive I'm getting nothing but a spinning update wheel - guess the servers may have been hit hard or its just not ready for prime time ... will try again tomorrow!

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I re-read the email. Everyone seems to be expecting an update, yet the email never mentions anything about a specific update coming available other than the vague “updates available now”. Well, which ones??

Edit - the My Porsche app also notified me.

Porsche’s vague email is making people crazy 😜

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I re-read the email. Everyone seems to be expecting an update, yet the email never mentions anything about a specific update coming available.

Porsche’s vague email is making people crazy 😜
There was a recent OTA update in Europe / UK that had not yet reached the US - hence most of us assumed this was the pre-steps to receiving it (same process as in EU/UK re messaging)!

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
There was a recent OTA update in Europe / UK that had not yet reached the US - hence most of us assumed this was the pre-steps to receiving it (same process as in EU/UK re messaging)!
Ohh didn’t know that. Anything good?

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
According to the video, you have to have OTA Updates enabled on the my.porsche.com website, so login and check that is enabled first.

If OTA is enabled, the update simply downloads in the background (no user action required to initiate download). Once downloaded you will get a notification on the PCM screen that it is available to install.

If you happen to miss the notification, you can see it under "Notifications" on the PCM Settings screen, and the Update will appear under the "Updates" icon.

Porsche Taycan OTA Software Update (July 17, 2023)! 1689624177921

My update hasn't appeared yet.
Sponsored