First Name
Gleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 4S, Model Y, BMW i8
Country flag
Welcome to the club (((

Porsche Taycan Park Assist Not Available error message Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 4.42.45 PM
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have had several occurrences of ParkAssist unavailable error. A few before WMA5 and a few after. I have photos from all which I shared with the dealer in two separate service visits and they were not able to diagnose or fix it. Even though the warning says "service required" it does not record any error codes for the dealer to debug and there is no related TSB with instructions from the motherland.
I personally filed an NHTSA complaint for ParkAssist (and couple of other safety systems) failing sporadically. I also don't like the attitude that this is ok, just restart the car and it will go away. I expect safety systems to work every time as they did in all other cars I owned, and when I get a error message that says "service required" then I expect the service to be able to fix the issue. If you live in the US and experience the same issue I suggest that you also file a complaint. I don't see any other way for Porsche to take these bugs seriously.

Gleb

First Name
Gleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 4S, Model Y, BMW i8
Country flag
I have had several occurrences of ParkAssist unavailable error. A few before WMA5 and a few after. I have photos from all which I shared with the dealer in two separate service visits and they were not able to diagnose or fix it. Even though the warning says "service required" it does not record any error codes for the dealer to debug and there is no related TSB with instructions from the motherland.
I personally filed an NHTSA complaint for ParkAssist (and couple of other safety systems) failing sporadically. I also don't like the attitude that this is ok, just restart the car and it will go away. I expect safety systems to work every time as they did in all other cars I owned, and when I get a error message that says "service required" then I expect the service to be able to fix the issue. If you live in the US and experience the same issue I suggest that you also file a complaint. I don't see any other way for Porsche to take these bugs seriously.
I agree. I have this error 1 hour ago, was working without any problems for 7k miles before that. I Will fill the complaint for sure.

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Checking to see if anyone is still getting this error message? I am, pretty regularly, and my car (2021 4S) has had all updates.

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here's an update in case someone searches: I think it has something to do with internet connectivity; I get the alerts (ParkAssist and Rear CrossTraffic) almost every time I start my car and my car is parked in a garage that blocks internet/network connectivity. I noticed that I don't get the error as much when the car is parked outside or in an area where I can reach the car with the Porsche app. I've been traveling for the last week and the car has been parked in areas where I had a constant connection via the app, and guess what- no error messages where I usually get them multiple times a day/inside the garage. Any thoughts on how to get this sorted out with Porsche, or why it would require an internet connection? These features were optioned when I ordered. Thanks.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I doubt that's the reason just coincidence.

I park 2 levels below ground with no connectivity and never had the error.

Its a software boot issue IMHO.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
I’m now getting this inability to turn on park assist or view the cameras and it says it’s because the chassis is too high. Every day are new SW problems for me…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’m now getting this inability to turn on park assist or view the cameras and it says it’s because the chassis is too high. Every day are new SW problems for me…
Are you referring to Active Parking Support or Park Assist.

If the former then the system won't work if the chassis is in Lift mode (must be normal height), bicycle mounted on the rear, on a >=10% incline.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
Are you referring to Active Parking Support or Park Assist.

If the former then the system won't work if the chassis is in Lift mode (must be normal height), bicycle mounted on the rear, on a >=10% incline.
I think active park support. I basically want the camera views for parking in my tight garage. I always have the lift on max height to clear my driveway, but never had a problem getting the camera feed before.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think active park support. I basically want the camera views for parking in my tight garage. I always have the lift on max height to clear my driveway, but never had a problem getting the camera feed before.
Active Parking relates to auto parking when you've found a space and the car takes control. Remote Park doesn't require the driver to be in the car. Park Assist is camera view(s) and driver controlled parking. 360 / pano provides 4 physical cameras and 3D view (with Remote Parking) provides 4 physical and 4 virtual cameras).

Which do you have?

Either way it sounds like the lift setting or incline is preventing what you want. Possible it was a bug when it worked before and a recent update has corrected it - least likely.

Check the Porsche Good To Know App for more details.

Does it work fine when the car is at normal level?

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
Active Parking relates to auto parking when you've found a space and the car takes control. Remote Park doesn't require the driver to be in the car. Park Assist is camera view(s) and driver controlled parking. 360 / pano provides 4 physical cameras and 3D view (with Remote Parking) provides 4 physical and 4 virtual cameras).

Which do you have?

Either way it sounds like the lift setting or incline is preventing what you want. Possible it was a bug when it worked before and a recent update has corrected it - least likely.

Check the Porsche Good To Know App for more details.

Does it work fine when the car is at normal level?
I have all of those features, but it’s the camera that I’m talking about here. It seems to work fine when I put the car in reverse regardless of lift height. But manually selecting it when moving forward seems hit or miss even on normal height.

Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My car has park assist and tried it out today for the first time. Just near my house on a residential street with no cars. Followed the instructions and did the parallel option. Everything was fine at the very start then it started hitting the curb and trying to go up on the grass..of course i stopped it and luckily no damage...this feature does not seem to work very well.

Woodenhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I've just had this in my 2023 CT4.
I found a solution with the My Porsche app and my iPhone settings, as per the screenshots below.
2 things to check on the phone settings with iOS.
Far easier to park the beast when you have rear cameras that work!!

Porsche Taycan Park Assist Not Available error message IMG_3356

Porsche Taycan Park Assist Not Available error message IMG_3357

Porsche Taycan Park Assist Not Available error message IMG_3358