@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Sorry for a late reply. My CT is a model year 2022 and was built in October 2021. It has the 9J1035 unit vice the newer PAD. I wonder when they switched over to the new PCM hardware.
Hmmm...that was not what i was expecting.

Another thing to check would be software versions on both the "older" 9J1 systems, and then to compare it to the software versions of the "new" PAD systems. So...we can establish if they are on the same software platform...or not.

So...if a number of owners could share their software versions...together with modelyear...that could potentially give us some more info into as to who gets the new software.

EDIT: I see that many of you have already revealed your SW verisions in the time it took my to write this :) What we need now is to see the softewareversion on a car that has the latest hardware platform.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Knight Rider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo, Tesla Model X
Country flag
My 2022 CT info. Produced 10/21 Delivered 11/16/2021
Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] A038C032-BEA3-4CEF-AE94-238083511D89

Sparky

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT 4
Country flag
which version is the new hardware that will get the update?
My car was built in October, what version of the hardware do you have?
My version is 9J1035. From what others have indicated, the new version starts with PAD.....

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo with PP, ordered Taycan CT 4s
Country flag
Im hoping to collect my new CT4s tomorrow. (built Jan 20th.).. I will report back with details.

Note: it was built pre the announcement, so im interested to see what Hardware and PCM version it has

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was at my dealers this morning attempting to use their 350kW charger - one had a Cayenne diesel parked in the bay and the other wasn't working! My Taycan charging card would not authenticate either - apparently not all devices at the dealers are active for public use (no signage to indicate of course) which is just ludicrous to say the least.

Anywho - I asked my sales guy about the PCM business and he said that they had started bringing in customer cars to apply the software upgrades to PCM 6.0. He didn't know which MYs were in scope unfortunately.

Small glimmer of hope but I wouldn't get too excited just yet and I remain sceptical to say the least.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
That's is the software version of the passenger display and not of the PCM ?

Try this at the central display: Settings -> System -> Softwareinformation.
Than you should get this screen:
pcm1.jpg
I get the same response when I do this from the main screen as well.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I'll add my MY21 Configuration data to this as a reference. I have to say that dependability is much, much better compared to when I purchased my 4S in late July. No reboots, internet radio doesn't take forever to start the station, Carplay is very responsive.
I am going to start taking a picture of the above screen after every calendar update (that is all I seem to get) and see of the version numbers change. I wonder if they just don't have the versioning process well sorted yet.
This doesn't diminish my wish for all Taycans to be upgraded when improvements or features are made. Not a good business practice to ose control of hardware configurations in just two years.

MY21_PCM6_TC.jpg
Your version information matches mine exactly *21 RWD built in July 2021 delivered late Sept 2021

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
This is what mine shows. I have a 2022 Taycan CT4S. My vehicle completed production on November 5th 2021 and I took delivery of it later December.
Pathetic that the PCM upgrade of a 1 month old 2022 car is in question!!!

Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] 2CB9DA4D-2996-491A-9864-055577312E84

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I clicked on "Info" button on the main screen. It will then show 1) Legal Notices and 2) Data Protection Notice. I click then on the ... on bottom right and it will show you your version.

I am interested what others have in their car and MY. Notice the TXT version seems to be a date: April 14 2021. Probably when this hardware was made.

Note: The info button was greyed out at times and seems to want to connect to a LTE connection to work.

1643675279454.jpeg
That is a software version, but I thought the PCM 5 vs PCM 6 was a hardware difference not a software version. Am I incorrect in that? Thought I read it somewhere.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
The more I read about this update the more I think that er will be getting it. It’s a waiting game.

Max_105

First Name
Muksud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
From Porsche I was told it’s unfortunately not upgradable to older Taycan models as only MY22 will get this.

I fell in love with the Taycan after I drove it and I hope to get one someday but it’s insane to think that in 2022 something like an infotainment tweak/update can’t be added to existing cars, while Tesla updates to a complete new software overnight…
I bet Porsche will make the update available to all existing Taycan model as when they launched the car they have committed that the car PCM 6.0 will stay up to date over the time. EVs are like gadgets and no one buys a gadget which will be out of date in just months. I bought mine back in Sep 2021 (MY 2021) based on Porsche’s commitment that the car will receive future update. Now if they do not stick to that, I will be one of them to sue Porsche for miss selling a product as I wouldn’t buy an EV knowing in few months the software would be outdated. I know that Porsche already failed to keep their commitment about OTA update as the wired android auto update for MY 2022 did not get to the MY 2021 or older models but this new update is crucial as the updated route planner sounds very accurate along with the capability of filtering chargers based on output and see their availability in real time. Wireless android auto is also a great addition and btw the hardware it requires is already in the existing head unit because all Taycan support wireless CarPlay.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My MY21 PCM software levels feel positively ancient!

Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] 87F334F7-179C-4DAA-8BCF-47ACE15EC6D5

As a software engineer I would hate to be dealing with so many different versions out in the field. A proper OTA capability would make things so much easier for the development teams by allowing them to aggressively sunset older version levels.

Last edited:

Max_105

First Name
Muksud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
That is unfortunate if true.. it demonstrates poor engineering from Porsche if they cannot upgrade 2 years after the initial release.
Forget about 2 years old cars, if the statement is true meaning even MY2022 cars which were built before the PR with wired android auto won’t get this update?. So either the dealership doesn’t know what they are saying or the Porsche’s tech boss doesn’t know what he is doing.
Sponsored