PECLA PPF XPEL PLUS OPTION (ZFP/ZFS)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT on order
Country flag
When purchasing, I was told not to add the PPF in the configurator per TaycanForum members. However, I see PPF is available as a service on delivery at PECLA. Does anyone know if the work quoted from PECLA for XPLE Premium (covers the front bumper, the entire hood, entire front fenders) for $2500 would be the same as if I ordered from the configurator?

It seems reasonable price wise. And a decent product as far as I'm aware (XPEL Ultimate Plus). Has anyone had it done and can they comment on the quality of the install at least? It would save me hassle of taking it unprotected from PECLA to another LA shop then having to do another trip to get it home to Utah.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I've got the Xpel Ultimate plus on my front half (in Dec 2021) - includes all the areas you listed but also the mirrors - yours should too - mine was done by the 'official' Xpel shop here in Houston on delivery but cost with tax $2050 - Porsche North use them as relatively close by and we def get a good deal due to volume.

If the $2500 quote is typical of local shops you've checked into then I guess good but I'd need to know more re who exactly would be doing this for you at PECLA i.e. do they sub this out to a pro outfit or is it some in-house setup - and yes I know that is what you're asking :) but can you enquire directly with PECLA?

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Here in the UK quite a few dealers have paired up with reputable accredited detailers to offer PPF, detailing and ceramic as an additional dealer service. To many this is ideal as the work is completed and the car returned to the dealer for handover. I’ve found whenever I’ve asked dealers they are more than happy to say who they are using and for you to speak directly to the detailer about the work to be carried out.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am using an "official" shop and saving about $1,000 verses having PEC do it

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I had Polished Protection in Signal Hill install XPEL film on the front and mirrors on my 2020 Turbo. You might get in touch with them to see what they're currently charging. The shop is about a 10 minute drive from PECLA.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
When purchasing, I was told not to add the PPF in the configurator per TaycanForum members. However, I see PPF is available as a service on delivery at PECLA. Does anyone know if the work quoted from PECLA for XPLE Premium (covers the front bumper, the entire hood, entire front fenders) for $2500 would be the same as if I ordered from the configurator?

It seems reasonable price wise. And a decent product as far as I'm aware (XPEL Ultimate Plus). Has anyone had it done and can they comment on the quality of the install at least? It would save me hassle of taking it unprotected from PECLA to another LA shop then having to do another trip to get it home to Utah.
i would ask if PEC performs the install or if the contract out. $2500 is pretty reasonable for a front PPF, but you want to know whether it’s an XPEL authorized install, whether they use pre cut film, wrap edges etc.

This must be new since they didn’t offer that to me last year when I grabbed my car from PECLA. The experience is amazing though!
Sponsored