Performance Battery Plus Range Query

848EVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi All,,

Collected my 4S with Performace Battery Plus yesterday - absolutely loving it. Awesome car!

I've checked that I have all the options fitted that I ordered, all there! The only query I have is that I collected the car with the battery at 98% and displayed 200 miles of range. I was under the impression that the range would be more like 260 miles with PBP option?

Navigating the touchscreen I can only find the battery as a percentage, not capacity. E.g total capacity of 93KW.

Have I got the big or small battery?
Many thanks in advance
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Drive the car for a while and the range will change. It seems the Car is only showing 200 miles direct from the factory. Do not worry about the range now. Check the consumption at Some stage when you have driven a bit.

May the Smile be with you.

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's the "default" range. Once you start using it, range as displayed will increase (depending on your driving style and pattern). My 4S+ is now displaying a range of 274 miles when full but it will become longer. My normal driving style on highway (90 - 130+ km/h) uses 18-21 kwh/100km and I'm still new at this.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I'm 3000 miles in now and my real life range varies between 265-290 miles. 4S Performance Plus.

OP
OP

848EVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks guys, that's useful info. I'll ignore what it says and just enjoy it for now.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It's the "default" range. Once you start using it, range as displayed will increase (depending on your driving style and pattern). My 4S+ is now displaying a range of 274 miles when full but it will become longer. My normal driving style on highway (90 - 130+ km/h) uses 18-21 kwh/100km and I'm still new at this.
This is also about the consumption I am seeing, perhaps 19-21 kWh/100km. This is quite good, right?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Hi All,,

Collected my 4S with Performace Battery Plus yesterday - absolutely loving it. Awesome car!
Congrats! I got mine 2 weeks ago! What a car!

The only query I have is that I collected the car with the battery at 98% and displayed 200 miles of range. I was under the impression that the range would be more like 260 miles with PBP option?
After you drive the car for 200km, you realize that the battery has still a lot of charge left, for me it was just about half of it.

The nice thing about this: It gives you instant confidence, that what the remaining range says is real!

LivingWithPorsches

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan 4S (July '20), ‘66 Porsche 912, ‘11 987 Spyder
Country flag
I just passed 1000 miles and get between 2.5 - 3 miles per kWh depending on the drive

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm 3000 miles in now and my real life range varies between 265-290 miles. 4S Performance Plus.
Same. The fast way to more accurately calculate range, while leaving a little room to spare, is to look at Battery % and multiply by 2.5 for miles or 4 for km.

The most accurate way to calculate your actual range on a trip is to calculate via your trip computer kWh/100 miles or km reading. Keep in mind the first 20 or so miles will show poor efficiency but it will drop very quickly.

So if I'm getting 33 kWh/100 miles on a trip, I'm getting about 2.6 miles per 1 % and can safely use that to gauge range. (We have about 88 kWh at 100% via my testing.) This is beneficial as it will give you the most accurate info possible based on weather conditions/etc.

I completely ignore the range meter reading of "miles remaining".

Last edited:

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
My real life range is very similar. I see anywhere from 260 to 320 miles. It all depends on the speed you go. If you drive on 50 MPH roads, range is incredible. Above 70 MPH range drops off.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Same experience here, car read 200 miles range when I got it and I was concerned I didn’t have the bigger battery actually fitted as there is no way to see the kw. Once the car is driven a bit you should see a range of 280 miles plus on a full battery. My highest has been 306 miles indicated and I find it pretty accurate as long as your driving style stays consistent

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Same experience here, car read 200 miles range when I got it and I was concerned I didn’t have the bigger battery actually fitted as there is no way to see the kw. Once the car is driven a bit you should see a range of 280 miles plus on a full battery. My highest has been 306 miles indicated and I find it pretty accurate as long as your driving style stays consistent
Finally cracked it - 280 miles (100% charge, Range mode, PB+, 2 passengers and fully loaded with luggage (trunk and frunk), avg speed 50 mph, consumption 3.4 mi/kWh) - what a difference a summer can make.

Technically I can now drive to Edinburgh from Aberdeen (and back) on a single charge (254 miles) as long as its mid-summer!

Drove down last night (Range mode all the way, AC ECO, and used 43%). Super happy with this and a far cry from a max of 220 miles on day 1 last November.
Sponsored