W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Good point about the mirrors I also chose the high gloss base and painted mirrors.
And the compass. The timer made me kind of nervous. Or can it be switched off?

sport sound can also be installed afterward if you really miss it. I didn’t take it. Because I don’t want to sacrifice one of the two preference buttons for sport sound.
Retro fitting Electric Sport sound is almost 3 times the price - so best to be sure to exclude / include for fear of buyers remorse.

The chrono can't be switched off but if you must have Sports Chrono (for the other bits) why not have a compass rather than another clock display.
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Retro fitting Electric Sport sound is almost 3 times the price - so best to be sure to exclude / include for fear of buyers remorse.

The chrono can't be switched off but if you must have Sports Chrono (for the other bits) why not have a compass rather than another clock display.
That is what I did in mine. I took the compass. In Belgium sport sound is around the price when building from factory but the price might be without installation.

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
I rarely use the Sports Chrono selector on the steering wheel and the dashboard ‘clock’ is just hideous, especially the naff looking digital part. It looks like a petrol station free gift from the late 1980’s

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I rarely use the Sports Chrono selector on the steering wheel and the dashboard ‘clock’ is just hideous, especially the naff looking digital part. It looks like a petrol station free gift from the late 1980’s
I opted for sport chrono for the slightly thicker steering wheel and I think of the CT the sport button on the centre console is replaced by a gravel mode button. I agree on the clock imitating a 1980 Casio watch. I chose the compass but I think it still has the digital clock. Maybe they did this to force customers to the design clock?

OP
OP

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
I opted for sport chrono for the slightly thicker steering wheel and I think of the CT the sport button on the centre console is replaced by a gravel mode button. I agree on the clock imitating a 1980 Casio watch. I chose the compass but I think it still has the digital clock. Maybe they did this to force customers to the design clock?
Thanks and yes one of the drivers in choosing it is the thicker steering (gt) wheel. I might go with the compass for a change

Olle-swe

First Name
Olle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Coupe GTS
Country flag
They are quite expensive options, but I would also add;

full leather interior, it really has a huge impact on the feeling of luxury inside. Not only the dash, the doors etc to be covered in nice leather, but also the seats to be in a much nicer quality.
have the option checked at a PC ?

head up display, it is just so nice to have in the car. If you have had it once, it is hard to not have again - which is a good sign, try it!

keyless entry, again, just nice to have. In contrary to above, not super expensive either ?✌

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I'd pass on the power charge port doors and think about adding the sound and thermal insulated glass. Apart from that it looks good!

bruksnys

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I went for CT4 with more options instead of 4S. Final price, a 10k more expensive then yours. Do you need that extra 1s to a 100, instead of having rear axel steering (a different car for me), PTV plus (more dynamic around corners and extra safety on slippery roads, like winter), would not skip Matrix Headlights (safety feature for your and others at night, unless you don't drive at night), all of those you can have for that extra 1s, and that would feel a much more different car to me. That's my opinion :) 4S on standard Taycan - big YES. On CT? Why? It already has 4-wheel drive. Would never skip safety and dynamic features for a sake of 1s to a 100. I also opted for double windows, I test drived a Taycan without it, and it's much more calm and quite Q7 TDI which has it :)

That's mine to critique: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGPJRS0 just at the end I switched for a slate-grey interior, because I think it looks awesome with those golden accents, and I also have two little ones, who like to destroy things every now and then.
Porsche Taycan Please critique my build :) iris (2)
Porsche Taycan Please critique my build :) iris

Last edited:

bruksnys

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
They are quite expensive options, but I would also add;

full leather interior, it really has a huge impact on the feeling of luxury inside. Not only the dash, the doors etc to be covered in nice leather, but also the seats to be in a much nicer quality.
have the option checked at a PC ?

head up display, it is just so nice to have in the car. If you have had it once, it is hard to not have again - which is a good sign, try it!

keyless entry, again, just nice to have. In contrary to above, not super expensive either ?✌
For me, a head up display is such a distraction in any car, i cant just not look at it, instead of looking on the road. It completely duplicates the dashboards information, and a dashboard in a Taycan is a masterpiece. It sits in such perfect height, few centimeters lower than actual Heads up display, and that that projector attachment ruins the beauty of that beautiful air display masterpiece. Just an opinion though, had also read somewhere that according to some study a headup display slightly increases the risk of an accidents, probably because of the reasons I'm having with them :) They also make me kinda slightly dizzy.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I went for CT4 with more options instead of 4S. Final price, a 10k more expensive then yours. Do you need that extra 1s to a 100, instead of having rear axel steering (a different car for me), PTV plus (more dynamic around corners and extra safety on slippery roads, like winter), would not skip Matrix Headlights (safety feature for your and others at night), all of those you can have for that extra 1s, and that would feel a much more different car. That's my opinion :) 4S on standard Taycan - YES. On CT? Why? It already has 4 wheel drive. Would never skip safety and dynamic features for a sake of 1s to a 100. I also opted for double windows, I test drived a Taycan without it, and it's much more calm and quite in one with it :)
Nobody "needs" a Taycan, there are plenty of less expensive transportation options available. Which options you "want" depends on why you want to buy a car. Is it for racing in a straight line, is it for its windy roads performance, is it for safety, is it for comfortable commute, is it for reliability, is it so it looks good and if so, good to you and/or good to others (probably why so many folks on the internet asks others what looks good to them), etc, etc. Everyone has different preferences, which is what makes the world more interesting. :)

PS> If your main goal is safe and comfortable commute, check out the EQS. Doesn't stand out on the road, will not win any races against a Taycan (it will outrun most ICE cars though), but for everyday commuting it's really comfortable and has even more tech (including even more capable rear wheel steering, and an augmented reality HUD).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
When considering which Taycan variant and with how much to add on options, there will be a significant implication for residual values. I don't think there's a reliable guide to Taycan residual values yet, though I assume that Porsche Finance "final payment to own vehicle at end of PCP term" are the most likely to give an indication.
My assumption (happy to be corrected) is that the car without options retains a much higher % residual than do the options themselves. So for example, a base Taycan optioned to the same spec as a base 4S (but obviously not having the power) might cost less to buy, but could cost more when residuals are taken in to account. Also, the residual value of individual options depends in part on how relevant they are to the Taycan variant chosen. So for example, performance-oriented options are a better investment on a performance variant than a base variant. That's not to say that the base car can't be made great by adding such options, just that it might cost you more overall (when selling on) if you add loads of performance options but the variant doesn't have the extra power of the next model variant up.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
When considering which Taycan variant and with how much to add on options, there will be a significant implication for residual values. I don't think there's a reliable guide to Taycan residual values yet, though I assume that Porsche Finance "final payment to but at end of PCP term" are the most likely to give an indication.
My assumption (happy to be corrected) is that the car without options retains a much higher % residual than do the options themselves. So for example, a base Taycan optioned to the same spec as a base 4S (but obviously not having the power) might cost less to buy, but could cost more when residuals are taken in to account. Also, the residual value of individual options depends in part on how relevant they are to the Taycan variant chosen. So for example, performance-oriented options are a better investment on a performance variant than a base variant. That's not to say that the base car can't be made great by adding such options, just that it might cost you more overall (when selling on) if you add loads of performance options but the variant doesn't have the extra power of the next model variant up.
I agree and I think that has always been the case, especially with German brands. I always ask the salesman what options he considers “essential” ( I take his views with a large dose of salt to compensate for bias )

Odd colours don’t fare well apparently and whilst it might be debatable what counts as odd, I‘m pretty sure that Silver, Black, Blue and Grey don’t : Mamba and Blackberry might be difficult though.

Sports Chrono, complete with ghastly clock, seems to be a winner, as do preposterously expensive non-standard alloys.

I personally think the standard cabin has all the charm of a coffin and needs lightening up. I did mine with full extended crayon/black leather, crayon seat-belts and the glass roof. These extras also have the desirable effect of reducing the swathes of cheap-looking plastic. I added neo (?) interior trim too. In my mind, all this makes the interior much more attractive and thus easier to sell on for a decent price, when the time comes.

My exterior did away with the modal designation. I’ve done this since my German friends advised that it was the right thing to do. Mind you, they are from Bavaria and are quite happy to make their 540i look like a 518i to keep their neighbours happy. I added the side skirts in a moment of madness, but they do improve the look a lot.

All highly personal of course and we should all be thankful that we are able to have this sort of conversation. Most people can’t.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When considering which Taycan variant and with how much to add on options, there will be a significant implication for residual values. I don't think there's a reliable guide to Taycan residual values yet, though I assume that Porsche Finance "final payment to own vehicle at end of PCP term" are the most likely to give an indication.
Many options have limited residual - particularly where they are to personal taste (colour, interior) - and can have a detrimental impact on the overall value of the car.

No point spending 30%+ of the car's base price on options as you will not see that return on resale. Better to take the next model up and go lighter on the options. Some people however like to 'fully load'. Trade-in values are generally based on the base car list price (less VAT I assume) and then inflated with desirable options.

Always best (IMHO) to select the 'preferred' Porsche model in the range (typically 4S / GTS) if resale is uppermost in your mind as the perception of better value and more desirability helps residuals.

Dealers will mark up cars with PDCC, PVT+, Sports Chron, Air, Leather, Glass Roof, PB+, safe colours, 21" (or 20") wheels. Picking the right moment to trade is also another factor and 'flipping' within 18 - 24 months is desirable if possible.

The UK market is odd just now (suspect similar around the world) due to the pandemic and semi-conductor impacts. Residuals are high on all 2nd hand cars (I got offered £5K more on my 9 year old Boxster S than I did last year and have heard of higher premiums on lessor cars and brands). Difficult to call really but I'm expecting a higher than normal trade-in value when I get my GTS next November.

bruksnys

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Nobody "needs" a Taycan, there are plenty of less expensive transportation options available. Which options you "want" depends on why you want to buy a car. Is it for racing in a straight line, is it for its windy roads performance, is it for safety, is it for comfortable commute, is it for reliability, is it so it looks good and if so, good to you and/or good to others (probably why so many folks on the internet asks others what looks good to them), etc, etc. Everyone has different preferences, which is what makes the world more interesting. :)

PS> If your main goal is safe and comfortable commute, check out the EQS. Doesn't stand out on the road, will not win any races against a Taycan (it will outrun most ICE cars though), but for everyday commuting it's really comfortable and has even more tech (including even more capable rear wheel steering, and an augmented reality HUD).
Your answer, especially EQS part is completely unrelated. The question was about the build, for +- same price, the answer was to. In my opinion, on how I personally drive, and my personal preferences, CT4 with options is way better then CT4S without it. It will looks 100% exactly the same, it will drive better, it will be safer, and I'm pretty sure CT4, if driven by an ordinary person, who does not know how to properly handle understeer and oversteer, with rear wheel steering and PTV+ would win against plain 4s on the track with corners, and most roads in this world has them.

bruksnys

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
There are some "must-have" options for which people often look, like keyless entry, for Porsche drivers - sport chrono package, etc, but most people, when buying a used car, will look at make, year and model, color, so other options will depreciate much more in value by percentage in any model variant (performance or base) VS the actual cost of that model. And of course there are some options which are more suitable for a top end trims like Turbo S, for example PDCC or ceramic breaks, and buyers of Turbo S will probably look for them, adding those on a base model would be crazy :)
Sponsored