Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Stopped by Tampa FL, EA station, recently rebuilt with all new single handle 350kW dispensers. None of them would authorize my Taycan P&C. Received connection error and Payment Denied. Took an hour on the phone to get a complementary charge session started on old 150kW charger. I’m reluctant to road-trip this car now.
Anyone else seeing this issue at EA chargers?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
on a recent road trip up I 95 I must have made a dozen or so charge stops at EA units, I had to use the app only once to initiate a charge, the rest of the stops P&C worked well, unfortunately the EA hardware wasn't as good.

OP
OP
Bill33525

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like the Free Charging must be renewed yearly, even though it's free.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Stopped by Tampa FL, EA station, recently rebuilt with all new single handle 350kW dispensers. None of them would authorize my Taycan P&C. Received connection error and Payment Denied. Took an hour on the phone to get a complementary charge session started on old 150kW charger. I’m reluctant to road-trip this car now.
Anyone else seeing this issue at EA chargers?
Stopped by an EA south of the Seattle area yesterday. Old school "20 so had to use the Porsche app, and the app would not recognize the stations or connect to the charger. Maybe a Porsche network issue? Also had to call EA to get it fired up. 4 of the 6 EA chargers were down, with one of them that has been down for weeks.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Stopped by an EA south of the Seattle area yesterday. Old school "20 so had to use the Porsche app, and the app would not recognize the stations or connect to the charger. Maybe a Porsche network issue? Also had to call EA to get it fired up. 4 of the 6 EA chargers were down, with one of them that has been down for weeks.
Nothing worked for me this past weekend, in numerous attempts all over the (Mountain and Pacific) West; using the EA account + card worked like a charm (except in North Bend, WA). My SA said it's a known issue.

I wrote to customersupport at porsche, and only got an automated ack.

OP
OP
Bill33525

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After renewing my free subscription I stopped by the same Tampa Fl EA station today. The first 350kW dispenser I tried did not authorize my car automatically. After learnng how to use the Porsche app to start a dispenser I tried a second time at this dispenser using the app before plugging in. That worked but only delivered 39kW. Moved to another dispenser where the authorization worked fast and received 58kW since the battery was @ 70% SoC.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
After renewing my free subscription I stopped by the same Tampa Fl EA station today. The first 350kW dispenser I tried did not authorize my car automatically. After learnng how to use the Porsche app to start a dispenser I tried a second time at this dispenser using the app before plugging in. That worked but only delivered 39kW. Moved to another dispenser where the authorization worked fast and received 58kW since the battery was @ 70% SoC.
being authorized and charge speeds are not dependent on each other. EA units have been terrible lately, especially the 350 units.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Ugh. Frustrating!

My 2022 RWD didn't have any trouble with EA earlier this month in Las Vegas NV and Kingman AZ, but these were with the double-handle chargers from the previous generation.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
it is renewed automatically
No it's not, you have to go in and renew, each year.

Our plug -n- charge never worked since new. The uPdate fixed it and it's worked every time we have used it since. Before it was payment denied.

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
No it's not, you have to go in and renew, each year.

Our plug -n- charge never worked since new. The uPdate fixed it and it's worked every time we have used it since. Before it was payment denied.
The Porsche Support rep told me I needed to renew the charging agreement on the 1st year and then it will renew automatically the following years.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
The Porsche Support rep told me I needed to renew the charging agreement on the 1st year and then it will renew automatically the following years.
We've had the car for longer then a year and had to renew. Our SA also told us we would need to renew each year.