POLL: Is your Taycan missing the Charging Planner

POLL: Is your taycan missing the Charging Planner?

• Total voters

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It could be or my trip was not long enough. The station is less than 10 mins away from my house. It also could be that your main battery naturally heated up because of the trip rather than the preconditioning?
Yep too close to be of value. Initial phase of your charging session will have heated the battery to take advantage of the available kWs.
Sponsored

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I left Vegas yesterday morning and told nav home. I was told I needed a charging stop on the way. It set the stop over for EA Kingman AZ which I was directed to.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 650s, Mustang ME, Taycan CT4
Country flag
I left Vegas yesterday morning and told nav home. I was told I needed a charging stop on the way. It set the stop over for EA Kingman AZ which I was directed to.
What month was your built? Unfortunately mine and few others (mid-January to end-February built) don't do that, and we just end up with a negative battery% without any charging stops added to the nav.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In my ‘22, the three dots gets me to Charging Plan, and clicking through that shows all the features discussed.

Last edited:

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Speaking of charging, do people have the wireless charging working on their recently delivered cars? I don't have the option to "turn it on" and placing a phone in there doesn't seem to work.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Speaking of charging, do people have the wireless charging working on their recently delivered cars? I don't have the option to "turn it on" and placing a phone in there doesn't seem to work.
Mine works. There’s no option to turn it on. Make your case is not blocking it. Make sure the back of your phone is facing the side of the center console.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Go to settings -> Phone -> check "Wireless charging"

It usually takes about 3 seconds for my phone to start charging.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Porsche Taycan POLL: Is your Taycan missing the Charging Planner F83E8938-7376-46ED-A52B-A875870FF79F

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What about charging planner? Are you able to set minimum charge at destination or priority Porsche charging services?

The purpose of the poll is to find a pattern so I can present it to Porsche support, but it doesn't seem to be working...
I have a MY22, November built. I do have the charging planner tab and there is an option to set minimum charge at destination.

However I did not spec PIRM.

Last edited:

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
I will check build date but I picked up my 22' GTS sedan a week ago -- does not have charging planner.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will check build date but I picked up my 22' GTS sedan a week ago -- does not have charging planner.
Does your PCM have the color icons? I don’t believe this is an issue with the lastest PCM.

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
Does your PCM have the color icons? I don’t believe this is an issue with the lastest PCM.
No -- not a big deal for me. I do want the charging planner though. I bought the car in New Jersey and drove to upstate NY. Really wanted to know options for charging on the way back.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No -- not a big deal for me. I do want the charging planner though. I bought the car in New Jersey and drove to upstate NY. Really wanted to know options for charging on the way back.
Several of us have called or emailed Porsche support and emailed them pictures or videos of the missing charging planner, so they are aware. Most of the SA's in my area (northern VA, DC and MD) have been getting on Porsche as well. Hopefully, a fix will be released soon. It may be a good idea to call or email them as well to start a case.
Sponsored