Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
I ordered in July too and was expecting not to get an invitation until the spec fix and non-refundable deposit had been paid...
Last week still no indication of when delivery may happen.
I take delivery tomorrow and have still had no invitation. To be honest, in my giddy excitement, I’d clean forgotten about it. I’ll chase it up…
Sponsored

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
What a cool experience! I wish we had this in Sweden. I was invited to go to Arivdsjaur (which is where most car manufacturers do their winter testing) for an ice track experience. Even with my CT 4S purchase, this is more than 2000€…although it does include a night at a hotel though (given that the place is in the backyard of some white walker).

Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Interesting comment on the Macan forum recently that someone had been and it had been a bit spoilt by there being so many Taycans going round which were very fast on the straights but so slow in the corners. Not sure what was going on there. I will be interested to see how the Taycan copes on the low friction surfaces with its 2.5 tonnes weight.

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I originally ordered my car in Oct 2020 for a March 2021 delivery. My PE was planned for Jan 2021 but was cancelled due to COVID lockdown. I managed to get it rearranged for Oct 2021

It’s not a track day. It’s all about what the car can do and how it handles. We went though how to drive the car smoothly as well as how to give it some welly on the track.

other activities included about how the car handled on the simulated ice (with and without traction control). Under-steer and over-steer was covered as well as the cars breaking abilities.

All in all it was a great day. Highly recommended.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Interesting comment on the Macan forum recently that someone had been and it had been a bit spoilt by there being so many Taycans going round which were very fast on the straights but so slow in the corners. Not sure what was going on there. I will be interested to see how the Taycan copes on the low friction surfaces with its 2.5 tonnes weight.
I guess that those in Macans are typically familiar with its ability, whereas those in the Taycans are exploring it for the first time, and some might be unfamiliar with more performance-oriented cars in general, and even not be that fussed about pushing on. Even when everyone wants to drive enthusiastically, the track is too short and narrow to accommodate many cars safely (I was disappointed to not be able to accidentally take a wrong turn and find myself on the GP track).
Based on 2 sessions with the similarly weighty Cayenne E-Hybrid, I'm sure the Taycan (at least in all-wheel drive form to help the driver) will cope well with the low friction surfaces.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
I completely forgot about this, I took delivery of my 4S in December last year and held off on organising the PEC due to Covid, how long are the invites good for?

I’ve lost the invite letter now and wondering if I’m still eligible for it.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I guess they're flexible under the circumstances...I ordered my Cayenne in July 2018, got my invite in Sept 2018, but didn't get my car until Oct 2019...and then got a second invite in Nov 2019- I did query if it was an admin error, but they said I was welcome to come again anyway.

(The phone number to book was 01327 855 911, your letter will have had your reference number, but hopefully they'll be able to find you on their list anyway)

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
I guess they're flexible under the circumstances...I ordered my Cayenne in July 2018, got my invite in Sept 2018, but didn't get my car until Oct 2019...and then got a second invite in Nov 2019- I did query if it was an admin error, but they said I was welcome to come again anyway.

(The phone number to book was 01327 855 911, your letter will have had your reference number, but hopefully they'll be able to find you on their list anyway)
Thank you! This is really useful info, I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I spoke to my dealer today and mentioned it. He looked on the system and told me I was emailed about it a month ago - but I never received the email. Anyway, he gave me the relevant codes for it so I can phone and book any time in the next 2 years. Will wait a bit I think

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The point of the experience sessions are for the instructors to show you the handling features of the car, and teach you some basic driving techniques so that you don't go and smash your brand new car up on the first day.

They are very careful not to have too many cars on the handling tracks so they can show you what the various drive modes do and that you get a fair chance to try out the handling.

I think the Macan driver: -

a. has missed the point of the day.
b. was behind someone who was (understandably) braking early into the corners. After all, it's not his car.

If he wants to hammer around a track, he should get his wallet out pay the £740 to take his own Macan around the Silverstone GP circuit at a proper speed. I did exactly that and took my own Turbo S out for a day's tuition with Porsche around Silverstone. An absolute joy and now I am addicted to track days. Although it has to be said I went through a set of tyres that day.

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
I did my Porsche Centre Experience yesterday and throughly enjoyed it. Did the early (8.30am) session starting with breakfast, briefing and then about 2.5hrs on tarmac followed by lunch and carriages....
The instructors really help with the technical aspects of car set-up features (which I needed!) , some very useful tips on driver aids, command centre details and features in general. It';s been many years since my last Porsche and things have moved on somewhat.

The CT is an amazing, capable, fast and safe car - totally happy with my selection and eager to take delivery pre-Christmas as my car is about to arrive in Sheerness. Bought a CT4 which is plenty fast for me - my pal who has a Taycan saloon turbo coming said his experience was amazing too but couldn't imagine ever using launch control or the eye watering acceleration much - but hey..... nice to know it's there

Interesting to hear that my instructor, who is leaving for another job and isn't a huge fan of EVs, said they had experienced almost no issues with their huge Taycan fleet (40) in the last 2 years - and they do get a spirited daily workout - nice to hear from someone soon to be a non-Porsche employee.
Also told that only 25% of UK Porsche buyers take up the offer of a free trip to Silverstone to do this free event !! -I really recommend it.
Enjoy your cars - be safe...

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I did my Porsche Centre Experience yesterday and throughly enjoyed it. Did the early (8.30am) session starting with breakfast, briefing and then about 2.5hrs on tarmac followed by lunch and carriages....
The instructors really help with the technical aspects of car set-up features (which I needed!) , some very useful tips on driver aids, command centre details and features in general. It';s been many years since my last Porsche and things have moved on somewhat.

The CT is an amazing, capable, fast and safe car - totally happy with my selection and eager to take delivery pre-Christmas as my car is about to arrive in Sheerness. Bought a CT4 which is plenty fast for me - my pal who has a Taycan saloon turbo coming said his experience was amazing too but couldn't imagine ever using launch control or the eye watering acceleration much - but hey..... nice to know it's there

Interesting to hear that my instructor, who is leaving for another job and isn't a huge fan of EVs, said they had experienced almost no issues with their huge Taycan fleet (40) in the last 2 years - and they do get a spirited daily workout - nice to hear from someone soon to be a non-Porsche employee.
Also told that only 25% of UK Porsche buyers take up the offer of a free trip to Silverstone to do this free event !! -I really recommend it.
Enjoy your cars - be safe...
Did mine this afternoon at Silverstone. Thoroughly recommend it For understanding the general workings/handling of the car in all the scenarios they put you in. i last did one of these at Millbrook Proving Ground back in late 90s. This was very helpful. Not sure about the food and nutrition advice in the briefing though…..

FutureEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Country flag
Has anyone taken a spectator with them? What is their experience of the day like? Do they get to sit somewhere warm? Do they get lunch with you etc?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Yes they get lunch and tea / coffee etc however they have to remain in the canteen/restaurant area. To be honest its a bit of a boring day for them. They can hardly see the track from where they are. Make sure they take an Ipad or laptop with them!
Sponsored