Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We tried to charge at the silverstone centre using porsche fast DC charger arriving with 35% battery remaining, but the fast chargers kept cutting out after 4-5 mins , so we only charged to 70% after multiple reconnections . The chaps there said there was an impeding service action to replace cable from DC charge port to inverter, anyone know anything about this
I visited the day after you on Friday.

They have about 5 or 6 of the wall mounted Mobile Connect chargers out the front, but they told me only one was working (which another customer had beaten me to). I am guessing you were trying to use these ones?

They also have two of the new ultra fast chargers being built in the customer car park, but they aren't in commission yet. They have 4 of these at the track side to charge the track cars, and they did offer them to me to charge while I had my lunch.
Sponsored

Squarecircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s +
Country flag
Just booked mine for late September. They are allowing you to bring a spectator again now.

Peterw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo -soon
Country flag
I visited the day after you on Friday.

They have about 5 or 6 of the wall mounted Mobile Connect chargers out the front, but they told me only one was working (which another customer had beaten me to). I am guessing you were trying to use these ones?

They also have two of the new ultra fast chargers being built in the customer car park, but they aren't in commission yet. They have 4 of these at the track side to charge the track cars, and they did offer them to me to charge while I had my lunch.
we were using one of the track side fast chargers

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I've got my "Experience" day booked for tomorrow. They have given out sunny weather so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm taking my wife as a guest. She doesn't want to drive but was wondering what to do whilst I'm out on the track. Does anyone know what is available for guests to do?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
There are some cars and other bits to look round. A shop. Probably enough to occupy her for 30-40 minutes. She can go on the roof to watch what is happening on the tracks, or watch out of the windows. So she needs to take a book to read or something else to do!

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered in July and still haven’t heard from them. How long did it take you to hear?

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I took out their (dealer principles) Turbo S yesterday! I went down the back roads past Blakesley. Such an amazing car!

Should be the same car, unless a new demo is inbound for next week.
When I went you could only drive the same model that you had ordered.

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I loved the experience day so much, I took my Turbo S and did a Precision one day course. It cost £740 and involved a bit of handling track, more skid pan and then most of the day on the Silverstone GP track. The instructor pushed me and the car hard. A 20 minute session on the track used 40% of the battery and we got the battery temp up to 52 deg C on one session. We charged up 3 times during the day. I also went through 2mm of tyre tread. They said it was they had taken a Taycan on the GP circuit so obviously people are fairly precious about their cars. I was too but it is so obvious the car was designed for the race circuit., I am not worried now.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I ordered in July and still haven’t heard from them. How long did it take you to hear?
I ordered in July too and was expecting not to get an invitation until the spec fix and non-refundable deposit had been paid...
Last week still no indication of when delivery may happen.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered in July too and was expecting not to get an invitation until the spec fix and non-refundable deposit had been paid...
Last week still no indication of when delivery may happen.
Maybe it will come after the lock date. When I last bought a car it came about 6 weeks after ordering which was months before the lock date so I assumed the same would happen. Perhaps not.

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I received my invite on the 5th of Oct and the car arrives at the dealer tomorrow. I expect they issue it when the car starts producition. I have two of these now as I got my first taycan in mid 2020 and didn't ever organise the track day.

Can you only drive the car you ordered? I was hoping for a drive in a Turbo S

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received my invite on the 5th of Oct and the car arrives at the dealer tomorrow. I expect they issue it when the car starts producition. I have two of these now as I got my first taycan in mid 2020 and didn't ever organise the track day.

Can you only drive the car you ordered? I was hoping for a drive in a Turbo S
You get booked in for the car you ordered. If it isn’t available on the day for some reason then they will usually offer you something better. So if you have had 2 4S cars you will have 2 slots in a 4S. You can ask for something different but the whole point is to try out a car like the one you just bought on the tracks and low friction surfaces.

Wagon57

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90, BMW i3, Harley Roadking
Country flag
Looks like PECS has Taycans and they are now accepting experience days as of next week!

I've just booked mine for 25th! Hopefully it will be a sunny morning!
I had my experience day at Silverstone last month in a 4s CT. It was fantastic. The car was incredible and I was able to put it through its paces and drive it in a way that I will never drive my newly delivered 4s but it was fantastic to test its handling and extreme braking and cornering. Expert guidance to boot.
Sponsored