Porsche Experience Silverstone, any experience you can share??

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Hi fellow Taycan drivers. I will be heading to Silverstone on Wednesday for a driving experience day. Has anyone got any tips they can share that might help me get the best out of the day? Looking forward to heading around their track, I am sure it will be a blast. 👍
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi fellow Taycan drivers. I will be heading to Silverstone on Wednesday for a driving experience day. Has anyone got any tips they can share that might help me get the best out of the day? Looking forward to heading around their track, I am sure it will be a blast. 👍
It's a great experience and you'll be well looked after.

I have a couple of slots in the bank to use (not bragging) and have been able to share other experience days with family members and everyone has loved it.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Check that they have winter tyres fitted 😁 (seriously, I'm interested to know, as I doubt they do).
If you're on the "free" half day of experiencing a car you've ordered, it's very flexible once they've dutifully familiarised you with the car and its safety capability, they're flexible as to what you do- which track features to go on (also public roads are an option) and at whatever pace you want to take.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I always wondered why I have not been offered the experience despite the fact is part of the contract when I signed it… shall I claim the experience?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I always wondered why I have not been offered the experience despite the fact is part of the contract when I signed it… shall I claim the experience?
Definitely check directly with the SEC- they work from the database of those orders that dealers have logged, usually once the deposit has been made. (In my case, this resulted in several instances of duplicate invites at wide intervals for the same car.)

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I had a great time. Looking back, I think I could have been a bit braver and gone faster, but this was before I owned my Taycan, so I wasn't at all familiar.
I also wish I'd asked the instructor to drive me for a few laps to experience it as a passenger - not sure if they are allowed to do that though.

gramorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Check that they have winter tyres fitted 😁 (seriously, I'm interested to know, as I doubt they do).
If you're on the "free" half day of experiencing a car you've ordered, it's very flexible once they've dutifully familiarised you with the car and its safety capability, they're flexible as to what you do- which track features to go on (also public roads are an option) and at whatever pace you want to take.
I drove a GTS there in Dec on all weather

gramorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
That's good to know. I will plan to charge on the day. 👍
Unless they’ve changed since Dec only the AC charging is free. DC is charged.

On the general experience, Mark, just go and enjoy it. It’s all good stuff and really enjoyable. I think there’s time to focus on one part you enjoy but I think my instructor picked up on it without me telling him so I spent a lot of time blasting it round the b road.

I did get a few tidbits on using the car but I was only a few days in, you’ve probably got a proper handle on things now - the hold feature was one thing I’d missed up until that point.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Thanks, I am really looking forward to it. 👍

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I had a great time. Looking back, I think I could have been a bit braver and gone faster, but this was before I owned my Taycan, so I wasn't at all familiar.
I also wish I'd asked the instructor to drive me for a few laps to experience it as a passenger - not sure if they are allowed to do that though.
That's a good point. Might ask them for the first lap to show me the ropes. I would like to try the launch control too. Not had the opportunity to use it so would like to see how it feels.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Unless they’ve changed since Dec only the AC charging is free. DC is charged.

On the general experience, Mark, just go and enjoy it. It’s all good stuff and really enjoyable. I think there’s time to focus on one part you enjoy but I think my instructor picked up on it without me telling him so I spent a lot of time blasting it round the b road.

I did get a few tidbits on using the car but I was only a few days in, you’ve probably got a proper handle on things now - the hold feature was one thing I’d missed up until that point.
Thanks @gramorris . I will try to make sure I get some tips on the features. I know what you mean about the hold function. It was not until I saw a post here that I realised I had it. Now I use it all the time. I was looking for a button like I had in my X5, or a setting, but to no avail. I probably should have read the manual, but never tend to do that...🤣

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
You’ll do plenty of launches! Get out on that track :) don’t get delayed being taught how to use the PCM or turn on steering wheel heating!
Thing that blew my mind was a hands-off emergency stop with half the car on the ice road and half on tarmac - took a bit of faith but wow, showed how amazing the stability control is!

b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You will love the whole experience
From the minute you turn up you get looked after

ask to charge your car when you turn up & you will get a free top up while you go enjoy the car
then you will have a lovely 3 course meal and drinks
The instructor will go through all the cars features on and off track
Enjoy
Sponsored