Porsche Please Listen the Customers and change……

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Don’t see any of these being an issue if you are coming from an ICE car. If you coming from a Tesla like I also have, then just enjoy the driving characteristics, looks and quality and dont fixate the non essential bollocks that comes with a Tesla. Only had my Tesla for 2 years, that’s was as much as I could take……..
Sponsored

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Absolutely. Take a look at the original post and it will be clear why the responses are what they are. Porsche needs to continue to work on their software development and improve on the vehicle. But leave it a Porsche and avoid all the software gimmicks. I suspect it will be a while before you see a "dog mode" in a Porsche.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
All of the things the original poster asks for seem pointless to me except for saved driving settings, which seems so obvious that I can’t believe Porsche doesn’t have it.

I would ask for the car to lock when you walk away. The Cayenne also doesn’t lock when you walk away, requiring a touch.

Porsche may avoid some of these things for marketing differentiation.

on the other hand, my Tesla had no blind spot warning light on the side mirror. That seemed crazy too.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
on the other hand, my Tesla had no blind spot warning light on the side mirror. That seemed crazy too.
on the tesla the alert was on the main screen, decent drivers are looking ahead or in the mirrors, not at that screen. I had many a conversation with the forum fan bois about this.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I really don't need fart sounds or games, but two things I'd like to see that my wife's Model 3 has:

1. Sentry Mode. It would be such a huge piece of mind for me to get alerts on my phone if people are messing with my car.

2. TeslaCam. I know Porsche wants to sell a camera, but with all the cameras already on the car I would really like to see a software solution that lets us capture driving all around us. This was useful just this weekend when my wife witnessed an accident and was able to get the footage from the camera for the police officer.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I’ve been German car lover, BMW, Mercedes, then Jaguar until Tesla released the Model S since 2012, already owned 5 model S cars in my household. Tesla has many many good things and less bad issue, but most of owners love the company like apple. The main reason is that Tesla has listened what customers want and implement in the cars, th following are few. Dog mode is amazing, you can leave your dog and the temperature is set, also shows on the screen that the dog is safe and the car temperature, people asked for Karaoke “done” Joe mode to avoid the car alarms to wake up babies “done” sentry security mode “done” sentry recording and availability to see in the car screen “done” increase Model S 75D 0-60 speed from 5.1 down to 4.1, “ done” Spotify “done” Pin o drive after some Teslas were stolen in Europe “done” Speed limiter in the app after a youth got kill speeding in FL “done” Camping mode A/C and power “done” All of this has been added by Tesla after customers asked via Tweets and update via OTA for free to all Tesla fleet no matter the car model year, only limitation hardware, that is why they got loyalty to the brand because they listen.
Now this what it has to be improved for the Taycan to interact with users the same way the car looks, updated and modern.

1. please let us enter address in the navigation while the car is moving, last week my wife and I have to pull over on the freeway und the storm because the non-sense prohibition of entering an address, your speech recognition and gestures aren’t that good so the ability to enter the address is a most, please we live in a time of people’s not wearing mask in a pandemic so entering the address is not a big deal is worst pulling the cellphone and do it.
2. Add another regenerative mode, I totally understand that people that do track need/want same experience as an ICE car, cool, however one pedal driving is amazing and unique experience that EVs offers and one additional setting won’t affect anyone in fact all your old and new customers will be happy to choose what regen they prefer.
3. Allow us to set driver’s profile driving mode, regen and car sound if possible audio settings too, I feel like a pilot with a checklist every morning setting the can the way I like.
4. Sentry mode like would be nice, you have the cameras and sensor.
5. Allow to use the rear camera on while driving.
6. make simpler the charging settings just slide the finger and choose battery %
7. Allow us to see charging speed per mile and also per hour.
8. Remove the need of app use for ElectrifyAmerica stations, make it plug and charge
9. Add pin to drive, non Tesla has been stolen from owners using it.
Write to Porsche directly.
I've done that.
It may be a coincidence but after updates most of my wishes were done:
1. Switching passenger display on while driving alone (I payed for that option so it should work, right?).
2. Switch off parking cameras automatically come on (saving issue).
3. Satellite view saved (saving issue).
4. Connect app reliable.
5. Airco stays in Eco after driving from Range mode into a different mode.
6. Ride height saved (saving issue).
I wish Sport sound and regen were also saved but not yet.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Write to Porsche directly.
I've done that.
It may be a coincidence but after updates most of my wishes were done:
1. Switching passenger display on while driving alone (I payed for that option so it should work, right?).
2. Switch off parking cameras automatically come on (saving issue).
3. Satellite view saved (saving issue).
4. Connect app reliable.
5. Airco stays in Eco after driving from Range mode into a different mode.
6. Ride height saved (saving issue).
I wish Sport sound and regen were also saved but not yet.
Excellent!

Since WMA5 the Park Assist behaves much better while driving, because I can switch it off for good.

I wish I could do the same for the collision warnings, which are now more frequent...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
1. Sentry Mode. It would be such a huge piece of mind for me to get alerts on my phone if people are messing with my car.

2. TeslaCam. I know Porsche wants to sell a camera, but with all the cameras already on the car I would really like to see a software solution that lets us capture driving all around us. This was useful just this weekend when my wife witnessed an accident and was able to get the footage from the camera for the police officer.
I don't think so:

1. That requires a constant drain of the main battery. That's a total no no.

2. There are good and easy to install dash cams on the market, no need to over-complicate the tech in the car, which is based on CAN bus.

I much rather see the software we have now, to work properly, and store settings so that they survive a restart of the car.

Also, locking the car by just walking away is a safety problem, no car should ever work that way.

Last edited:

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I much rather see the software we have now, to work properly, and store settings so that they survive a restart of the car.
I don't have my car yet - I guess I just assumed that would be the case?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I don't have my car yet - I guess I just assumed that would be the case?
No, the software has still quite a few (minor) bugs, that's the reality. But don't worry, get the car first and experience it for a little while...

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I don't think so:

1. That requires a constant drain of the main battery. That's a total no no.

2. There are good and easy to install dash cams on the market, no need to over-complicate the tech in the car, which is based on CAN bus.

Also, locking the car by just walking away is a safety problem, no car should ever work that way.
1. It would be an option, not required. Hardly a no no.

How is auto locking the car a safety problem? If anything it can serve as a convenience feature in case you forget to lock your car, thus preventing thefts.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
in all my 9 years, 3 teslas, I never had any sort of an issue with the car locking just walking away.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
in all my 9 years, 3 teslas, I never had any sort of an issue with the car locking just walking away.
Sorry, no proper car manufacturer does that due to safety reasons. Even auto locking while driving is off by default - safety first.
Sponsored