"Porsche Taycan Class Action Lawsuit Includes California Customers" - Article

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The class action alleges Porsche advertised the 2020-2021 Taycans as equipped with several functions that are allegedly defective.
  • State-of-the-art cockpit display
  • Integrated Apple CarPlay and an infotainment system with Apple Music built in
  • Air conditioning and heating
  • A mobile phone app that controls charging the car, displays the status of charging, and controls the air conditioning
  • Wireless mobile phone charging
In addition, the class action alleges the Taycan has a "Smart Lift system that is geolocation based so the car will remember locations where lifting the car for greater clearance is desired and automatically lifts the car when at those locations."
https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/...ass-action-lawsuit-california-customers.shtml
Sponsored

dstepin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan RWD
Country flag
Basically a false advertisement suit which is stemming from the bigger problem in modern world of software: "release early, fix in production." No big company is safe from this, just that it looks terrible on you when you're a brand that's meant to show you're good at the reliability thing. Thank you fellow 2020/2021 purchasers. I stand beside never buying the first model year of anything, ever.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
hmmm - not feeling it as an owner of the 2020 Taycan - the only major software issue was the 12V drain while charging problem - but the PCM was yeah - 1st release software - I'll be surprised if they can land any "punches" in this lawsuit - seems mostly click bait and fishing for free money

the problem in my book do not rise to the level of "false advertising" - but maybe I'm wrong.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The class action alleges Porsche advertised the 2020-2021 Taycans as equipped with several functions that are allegedly defective.
  • State-of-the-art cockpit display
  • Integrated Apple CarPlay and an infotainment system with Apple Music built in
  • Air conditioning and heating
  • A mobile phone app that controls charging the car, displays the status of charging, and controls the air conditioning
  • Wireless mobile phone charging
In addition, the class action alleges the Taycan has a "Smart Lift system that is geolocation based so the car will remember locations where lifting the car for greater clearance is desired and automatically lifts the car when at those locations."
https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/...ass-action-lawsuit-california-customers.shtml
read the summary of the suit - good luck with all that.

dstepin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan RWD
Country flag
hmmm - not feeling it as an owner of the 2020 Taycan - the only major software issue was the 12V drain while charging problem - but the PCM was yeah - 1st release software - I'll be surprised if they can land any "punches" in this lawsuit - seems mostly click bait and fishing for free money

the problem in my book do not rise to the level of "false advertising" - but maybe I'm wrong.
That's fair enough. The basis on the claims seem to be specific numbers for every point. In that it's not that feature's DON'T WORK, just that they don't work fast enough or well enough for what the consumer says/expects. I think that won't be good enough to cause a real lawsuit to go through, weak argument.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's fair enough. The basis on the claims seem to be specific numbers for every point. In that it's not that feature's DON'T WORK, just that they don't work fast enough or well enough for what the consumer says/expects. I think that won't be good enough to cause a real lawsuit to go through, weak argument.
also - California has a strong consumer focused "lemon" law - all of that is enough to lemon the vehicle w/damages - this lawsuit confuses me…and I think it's a waste of time.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m sorry, but this lawsuit has a snowball’s chance in hell of succeeding. And even if it did, about 25 cents on the dollar will go towards the class — the balance will go to the lawyers.

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD; 2023 Rivian R1S; 2018 Volvo XC90
Country flag
This isn't restricted to 2020-2021 model years.....

I have a 2023 Taycan. The software has been problematic from Day One. I've owned the Taycan for 8 months, and it has been sitting at the dealer over 5 visits - collectively for 2 months (25% of my ownership time out of service) trying to get software fixes. It's now been at the dealer for two weeks with no indication of when/if the PCM problems will be solved.

Porsche is selling a product they can't adequately service through Porsche NA and the dealer network. Who says there's no basis in claims for these issues?

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
What are the issues you’ve taken to the dealer? I’m curious to know if they’re things which are fixed in other cars, or if they’re more general Taycan issues that are still awaiting a software fix.

Also, which dealer have you been working with? I’m curious as I’m in Chevy Chase and I’ve had pretty good dealer experiences so far with Porsche Silver Spring…

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
This isn't restricted to 2020-2021 model years.....

I have a 2023 Taycan. The software has been problematic from Day One. I've owned the Taycan for 8 months, and it has been sitting at the dealer over 5 visits - collectively for 2 months (25% of my ownership time out of service) trying to get software fixes. It's now been at the dealer for two weeks with no indication of when/if the PCM problems will be solved.

Porsche is selling a product they can't adequately service through Porsche NA and the dealer network. Who says there's no basis in claims for these issues?
I think that the problem people have rightly noted is that there is an established remedy for this - you can lemon your car. Any lawsuit remedy would be vastly inferior to getting your money back. Hard to force someone to fix a car that they seem to be unable to fix. What you've described qualifies your vehicle for lemon law status in virtually every state, including California.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I think that the problem people have rightly noted is that there is an established remedy for this - you can lemon your car. Any lawsuit remedy would be vastly inferior to getting your money back. Hard to force someone to fix a car that they seem to be unable to fix. What you've described qualifies your vehicle for lemon law status in virtually every state, including California.
Agreed.

Here's Maryland's info page with a link to the complaint form:

https://www.marylandattorneygeneral.gov/Pages/CPD/lemon.aspx

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I've owned the Taycan for 8 months, and it has been sitting at the dealer over 5 visits - collectively for 2 months (25% of my ownership time out of service) trying to get software fixes.
What makes you think the dealer can do anything about software bugs?
Why deprive yourself of the car for no reason?

Just document them thoroughly and send them to Porsche.

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD; 2023 Rivian R1S; 2018 Volvo XC90
Country flag
I have, and they refer me to the local dealer for a fix.

What do you think PNA can do? I’ve contacted them many times and they’ve been a dead end.

What is your suggestion to get action?
Atlanta has been completely ineffective thus far.

Threaten them with lemon law?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
why threaten - Lemon laws are pretty clear and effective - just get them to buy the car back and move on to your next vehicle.
Sponsored