UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve had an issue (actually multiple issues. Undertray dragging on the floor when I go over bumps, no washer fluid delivery, intermittent windscreen wiper setting not working, the list goes on) for a while.
My flap that covered the ac/dc (manual version) charger is locked and will not open. I’ve tried the little tool in the kit but failed to budge the flap. I’m now having to hire cars to perform my daily job as the Taycan is stuck with a slow charger only.
I’ve asked both Porsche customer services and my dealer to allow me to return the car to get the issues fixed but I’d need a loan car for the duration.
My dealer have said they would take the car in and fix it but can’t provide me a loan car. The Porsche customer service are saying they can’t provide a loan car because it’s drivable but my dealer should be able too.
Honestly. I’ve just about had it with Porsche. I’ve got three of them and had multiple others over the years. Maybe its time for a change.
Sponsored

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
I’ve had an issue (actually multiple issues. Undertray dragging on the floor when I go over bumps, no washer fluid delivery, intermittent windscreen wiper setting not working, the list goes on) for a while.
My flap that covered the ac/dc (manual version) charger is locked and will not open. I’ve tried the little tool in the kit but failed to budge the flap. I’m now having to hire cars to perform my daily job as the Taycan is stuck with a slow charger only.
I’ve asked both Porsche customer services and my dealer to allow me to return the car to get the issues fixed but I’d need a loan car for the duration.
My dealer have said they would take the car in and fix it but can’t provide me a loan car. The Porsche customer service are saying they can’t provide a loan car because it’s drivable but my dealer should be able too.
Honestly. I’ve just about had it with Porsche. I’ve got three of them and had multiple others over the years. Maybe its time for a change.
I really think Porsche customer service is 2/10. I don’t want special treatment but… for the third time in 2 years I have been unable to take a Cross Turismo to my French house ( need an estate) Last month I was without my car for 2 weeks -HV recall and dashcam fault. Loan car not available so borrowed a smaller petrol car. Had to alter Ferry bookings, Green Card and far more costly than an EV on fuel plus I wi have to book another crossing to take over planks of wood requiring an Estate Car . Porsche have offered £500 including VAT as a goodwill gesture. Fed up with their problematic cars and lack of awareness how this impacts on customers.

Racer_Ex

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
That's really odd. Other than the absurd premiums being charged recently on some cars (which you can easily decline and buy something else), over 21 years I've never had an issue with any of the Porsche dealers I've used. Porsche has covered every item that was under warranty, and some that were even out of warranty. I've gotten a loaner car every time except when I declined it because I didn't need it.

Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo S, 20 Taycan Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo S ST
Country flag
Call Porsche Assistance and request a hire car whilst it's recovered. I did exactly this, crap service aside, it worked and I dropped the hire car off when the car was repaired. Don't speak to the dealership until the car is collected

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
That's really odd. Other than the absurd premiums being charged recently on some cars (which you can easily decline and buy something else), over 21 years I've never had an issue with any of the Porsche dealers I've used. Porsche has covered every item that was under warranty, and some that were even out of warranty. I've gotten a loaner car every time except when I declined it because I didn't need it.
Same positive experience here. 23 years and not a single issue with bad service or not being given a Porsche loaner car when requested. That said, I am always super nice to the service team at my home dealer, give them good reviews, and have even bought pizza in for them for lunch a few times. I think there is a saying about catching more bees with honey or something.

Anyways, maybe a Porsche UK service thing as it seems this type of complaint has come up a few times in threads on this site in relation to Porsche UK? Perhaps Porsche UK has the wrong person at the helm of customer service and that is trickling down?

Good luck UKTIVO with getting your car fixed and I hope it is all sorted out soon!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not even sure what this means.
Sorry, I was just ‘taking the piss’ a bit, as I believe you blokes say across the pond, commenting that the issues described seemed like pretty minor first world problems (particularly not being able to get away to a country second home in France…)

Btw, I’d bet if you just swing by a dealership, they’ll be able to get the charging door open for you while you stand there.

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Call Porsche Assistance and request a hire car whilst it's recovered. I did exactly this, crap service aside, it worked and I dropped the hire car off when the car was repaired. Don't speak to the dealership until the car is collected
I actually did this but they just said to drive the car to the dealer and they will organise a car. When I contacted the dealer, they said they couldn’t organise a car as it’s not being recovered. I just gave up in the end. My Car is booked in for the end of November to have a few issues resolved. They can look at it then but that just leaves me with a car that will do 200 miles max and then I need an overnight stay to charge it back up.

Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo S, 20 Taycan Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo S ST
Country flag
I actually did this but they just said to drive the car to the dealer and they will organise a car. When I contacted the dealer, they said they couldn’t organise a car as it’s not being recovered. I just gave up in the end. My Car is booked in for the end of November to have a few issues resolved. They can look at it then but that just leaves me with a car that will do 200 miles max and then I need an overnight stay to charge it back up.
I suggest that the car is not fit for purpose

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It could be the other (AC only) charge door sensor which is not showing up as closed. Taycan only allows one door open at a time.

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It could be the other (AC only) charge door sensor which is not showing up as closed. Taycan only allows one door open at a time.
Thanks for the input however. Recovery hand plugged in their machine and the only fault is the AC/DC door that’s showing.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thanks for the input however. Recovery hand plugged in their machine and the only fault is the AC/DC door that’s showing.
In that case can you force it open so you can charge? It might break something, but would allow you to charge for now (assuming AC port reports as closed). Even if you are on the hook for the repair (which is arguable) it might be cheaper than renting a replacement car.
Sponsored

Last edited: