Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Honestly, I hope nobody does this. Litigation is not always the answer. In fact, I would wager that our overly-litigious society makes it less likely as a general matter that companies do the right thing voluntarily. Plus, the costs, time and frustration of litigation far outweigh the magnitude of the problem (and I’m not defending Porsche, I mean solely from our perspective). I don’t want the costs of future Porsches to go up, the willingness to innovate to decrease, and the length of the absurd warnings in our manuals to grow even more (eg, if you need to be warned not to stick your tongue in a blender, maybe you should just try it anyway).
You make good points however PCNA is not a company that strives to exceed its customers expectation for customer service. Sometimes as Ralph Nader stated it takes litigation to uncover the truth with auto companies. Before I consider litigation I will see how PCNA deals with me. There also is a more effective route then class action lawsuits.
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
You make good points however PCNA is not a company that strives to exceed its customers expectation for customer service. Sometimes as Ralph Nader stated it takes litigation to uncover the truth with auto companies. Before I consider litigation I will see how PCNA deals with me. There also is a more effective route then class action lawsuits.
Yes, I understand, but this is a charger issue not a widow maker issue and I still think that a PR or lower profile approach would be more successful. Reasonable minds can disagree of course. And, while I’m genuinely empathetic with those who have experienced this, I’m sure the fact that this has not impacted my MY22 unconsciously impacts my opinion here

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
what I don't get is why none of the utube guys, auto media people are not writing about this issue. there are a lot of porsche haters and this is charger issue is ammo for them

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
what I don't get is why none of the utube guys, auto media people are not writing about this issue. there are a lot of porsche haters and this is charger issue is ammo for them
My guess is Porsche is doing everything to keep it quiet. Other than this forum the issue is not well known. You tubers are not considered creditable by main stream press. Thats why i am inviting the press to my arbitration. i have a PR firm that is going to help me draft invitations to the press and put a list together of auto reporters etc that might attend the arbitration. I have already disclosed this in my brief

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this is a complex issue - and I promise you it will be botched by any media - and it's kinda wonky in the details…it's exactly the sort of thing that doesn't translate well to mass media and to a non-EV audience

I believe any coverage will be laughable, wrong, and do more harm than good.

Porsche is wrong in how they handling this - coverage will not help. and it will only serve to give non-EV forces another bogus reason to claim this is all "bad"...

I do not for one look forward to any coverage - the issue is too complex to translate well to a light read and clear issue.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
this is a complex issue - and I promise you it will be botched by any media - and it's kinda wonky in the details…it's exactly the sort of thing that doesn't translate well to mass media and to a non-EV audience

I believe any coverage will be laughable, wrong, and do more harm than good.

Porsche is wrong in how they handling this - coverage will not help. and it will only serve to give non-EV forces another bogus reason to claim this is all "bad"...

I do not for one look forward to any coverage - the issue is too complex to translate well to a light read and clear issue.
Sadly, if you cannot fit the story on a bumper sticker, it’s too complex for mainstream media to get it right. This is partially due to majority of their audience having an attention span of a fruit-fly.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is all true of course, but you do not need to have the detail of the Mueller Report to be successful. In fact, the best campaigns leverage the threat of publicity far more than publicity itself, because once you have in fact gone public, much of your leverage is gone. Same principle as blackmail except you are saying that you will tell the truth about Porsche’s failure to rectify unless they rectify. And what are the relevant “facts”? Only that “Porsche produces a faulty and potentially dangerous product that they refuse to fix despite outrageous profits.” That’s pretty easy to understand. The whole bit about Amps and temps is utterly irrelevant, and if Porsche tried to bring it up in response, it would look like they were hiding something (even if they were telling the truth).

But my personal point is that most of us can get what we want without resorting to this type of PR campaign threat or litigation, and I hope that happens because bad PR or litigation could also hurt us in the future.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
This is all true of course, but you do not need to have the detail of the Mueller Report to be successful. In fact, the best campaigns leverage the threat of publicity far more than publicity itself, because once you have in fact gone public, much of your leverage is gone. Same principle as blackmail except you are saying that you will tell the truth about Porsche’s failure to rectify unless they rectify. And what are the relevant “facts”? Only that “Porsche produces a faulty and potentially dangerous product that they refuse to fix despite outrageous profits.” That’s pretty easy to understand. The whole bit about Amps and temps is utterly irrelevant, and if Porsche tried to bring it up in response, it would look like they were hiding something (even if they were telling the truth).

But my personal point is that most of us can get what we want without resorting to this type of PR campaign threat or litigation, and I hope that happens because bad PR or litigation could also hurt us in the future.
Everyone is making intelligent observations. Please explain how this could hurt all of us in the future? I see only upside for us. Getting PCNA to fix the issue only enhances the taycan. Not fixing it diminishes the car. PR exposes PCNA ‘s mgt culture of hiding issues not fixing them. Everyone remember for 2 yrs we have dealt with pcm software problems. Up until the last pcm update my CarPlay etc never worked as advertised. 50% charging unit performance reduction just not acceptable I find this forum to be very informative. However, just chatting about issues does not resolve them. Only when someone actually takes action do issues get resolved

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Everyone is making intelligent observations. Please explain how this could hurt all of us in the future? I see only upside for us. Getting PCNA to fix the issue only enhances the taycan. Not fixing it diminishes the car. PR exposes PCNA ‘s mgt culture of hiding issues not fixing them. Everyone remember for 2 yrs we have dealt with pcm software problems. Up until the last pcm update my CarPlay etc never worked as advertised. 50% charging unit performance reduction just not acceptable I find this forum to be very informative. However, just chatting about issues does not resolve them. Only when someone actually takes action do issues get resolved
I’m not suggesting that our actions should be just limited to “chatting” or doing nothing. I am suggesting that high-profile public campaigns and litigation may not be the most effective means to achieve your goals and that litigation, or the threat of litigation, tends to make companies less likely to resolve issues voluntarily, leads to increased costs, and longer even more idiotic warnings in owners manuals and stickers

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And one addition, litigation would most likely benefit the plaintiff’s attorneys far more than the owners. Porsche pays 3/4 of the cost of the entire replacement (eg, some owners do not participate and the rules for participating are difficult, like find the sales document for car you sold over a decade ago — sound familiar?), and the plaintiffs counsel takes 33-66%, so the owners get pennies on the dollar.

I promise you I can get a refund for myself, which would get me a higher benefit.

Last edited:

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
And one addition, litigation would most likely benefit the plaintiff’s attorneys far more than the owners. Porsche pays 3/4 of the cost of the entire replacement (eg, some owners do not participate and the rules for participating are difficult, like find the sales document for car you sold over a decade ago — sound familiar?), and the plaintiffs counsel takes 33-66%, so the owners get pennies in the dollar.
I promise you I can get a refund for myself, which would get me a higher benefit.
I paid six figures for my taycan and cannot safely charge it at 40 amps while a $32 k Prius can charge safely at level 2
The only way you can solve the problem for yourself is by filing for arbitration. PCNA never responds to emails in a timely manner. Everyone that argues against litigation is thinking in terms of a class action. I agree class actions only benefit the Attiys.
My wife yelling at me to stop chatting and take the trash out.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
And one addition, litigation would most likely benefit the plaintiff’s attorneys far more than the owners. Porsche pays 3/4 of the cost of the entire replacement (eg, some owners do not participate and the rules for participating are difficult, like find the sales document for car you sold over a decade ago — sound familiar?), and the plaintiffs counsel takes 33-66%, so the owners get pennies on the dollar.

Just received this email from dealer. Any suggestions regarding rating PCNA lol

Hello, I hope you’re having a good day. I need your help. JD Power’s may be sending you an invitation to complete a survey. It will come via US mail
(White envelope and it will have $1.00 inside) They may also follow up via email as well.

This is very important to me and Beverly Hills Porsche. I ask that you please complete the survey and hope that you can answer "EXTREMELY SATISFIED" on these questions.

To express our gratitude and show our appreciation for your time to look for and complete the survey our team can offer you a credit of $300.00 towards your next service and or accessories (Porsche Collection hats, keychains, clothing etc.)

To redeem the $300.00 credit, please take a picture of the completed survey and email it to me Scott Rosenblum so I can add it to your account for future service or accessories.

If there are any issues, please reach out to me first. Thank you again and I look forward to serving you.

Kind regards,

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
Sounds good. I’m a good salmon fisherman. Rivers Inlet CN my favorite spot. Also fished halibut in Alaska. No experience with marlin

very smart fish for every three strikes you lose two.It frequently toys with the bait before they swallow it and artificial lures are generally no good

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I paid six figures for my taycan and cannot safely charge it at 40 amps while a $32 k Prius can charge safely at level 2
I’m sorry, but what does the $32k Prius have to do with the Taycan?

Can a Prius change at 40 amps in any circumstance? No.

Can your Taycan (post PMCC update) safely charge at 40 amps? Yes. Absolutely. Mine just charged at 75 amps last night. Seemed okay.

The EVSE is not the car. The issue is with the Porsche mobile EVSE. And frankly, it was a crappy EVSE before the update. It just continues to be a crappy EVSE after the update.

Anyone who is offended enough to pursue compensation from Porsche, have at it. But the fact is, this problem can be solved with money (buying a new EVSE). And anyone with this problem has that money.

Principles. Yadda yadda whatever. Like I said. Have at it. But anyone “suffering” at the hands of the PMCC is doing so willing.

End rant.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Because most people realize this is a molehill, rather than a mountain. This is like complaining because the remote on your $10,000 TV takes two seconds to change the channel instead of one.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.