Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order, Cayenne, Audi Q3 Sportback, Mazda MX5/Miata
Country flag
Hi all

Looking for your experiences/advice

My car 2 day old CT 4S is in for full body Xpel PPF and ceramic coating on top

My detailer who has vast experience applying Xpel PPF and previously detailed and ceramic coated previous cars for me has said that it’s best to remove “model nomenclature” and “electric” badges and replace with new badges because originals are hard to reapply accurately with new adhesive making them potentially stand proud

Given the cost of approx £300/$375 for replacement badges from Porsche is this the best/only way to go ?

He has offered to try and template around the existing badges but I suspect this would be difficult with the script like font that Porsche uses

Should I just take the hit for new badges ?
Not trying to be the archetypal mean Scotsman but seems caraway to throw away the existing badges
Sponsored

OP
OP

Braveheart

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order, Cayenne, Audi Q3 Sportback, Mazda MX5/Miata
Country flag
Hi all

Looking for your experiences/advice

My car 2 day old CT 4S is in for full body Xpel PPF and ceramic coating on top

My detailer who has vast experience applying Xpel PPF and previously detailed and ceramic coated previous cars for me has said that it’s best to remove “model nomenclature” and “electric” badges and replace with new badges because originals are hard to reapply accurately with new adhesive making them potentially stand proud

Given the cost of approx £300/$375 for replacement badges from Porsche is this the best/only way to go ?

He has offered to try and template around the existing badges but I suspect this would be difficult with the script like font that Porsche uses

Should I just take the hit for new badges ?
Not trying to be the archetypal mean Scotsman but seems caraway to throw away the existing badges
Crazy not caraway ?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have full body PPF. They removed the hood badge and reinstalled it with no issues. I am otherwise de-badged, so I cannot comment on the other badges. I have never heard this, however.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I too did a full body PPF and my installer removed the “Taycan 4s” from the back of the car. He told me that the model designation is fairly fragile plastic and that its best to buy replacements from Porsche, which I did for about $150USD. After buying it, I can confirm that the model verbiage is indeed somewhat flimsy plastic with a very durable adhesive.

Alternatively, the installer told me most of his customers simply don't replace the model designation after the PPF.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Leave it off - much cleaner look. I ordered mine delete.
Porsche Taycan PPF and model badge removal or replacement IMG_3049
Sponsored