First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Need some help please guys.

Car due to be ready on 26th May, originally went with Swissvax offered by the dealer, but seen a lot of people say avoid this and go for Ceramic Coating or PPF.

What would you recommend and how much would you expect to pay for full PPF?
Sponsored

Nesting

First Name
Jordane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022
Country flag
Hello,

I did full body PPF (Llumar) and Ceramic coating on top (silverwax) for 5500CAD total.

I have absolutely no regret, the car looks even better and is protected from all the gravels flying around where I live in Quebec.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Need some help please guys.

Car due to be ready on 26th May, originally went with Swissvax offered by the dealer, but seen a lot of people say avoid this and go for Ceramic Coating or PPF.

What would you recommend and how much would you expect to pay for full PPF?
What are your goals? PPF helps with impact protection and ceramic can help with making your vehicle easier to clean….

OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What are your goals? PPF helps with impact protection and ceramic can help with making your vehicle easier to clean….
Originally was just thinking about keeping it looking clean and making it easier to clean. Probably wouldn't go for ceramic on top of PPF, just can't decide if better to keep it looking clean or protect it?

Quotes so far for full PPF have been £4k+VAT which seems crazy

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Originally was just thinking about keeping it looking clean and making it easier to clean. Probably wouldn't go for ceramic on top of PPF, just can't decide if better to keep it looking clean or protect it?

Quotes so far for full PPF have been £4k+VAT which seems crazy
Touch-up paint is much cheaper. Some consider it a badge of honor to spend large amounts of money on paint protection….. My view is that the cost should align with your goals. If you are looking to make it easier to clean (and protect the paint), there are DIY solutions that are very good and relatively easy to use…if you are handy. PPF makes sense if you get rock chips often in certain areas of your car. If you are spending as much as it would cost to get a good paint job for protection, my view is that this decision should be re-considered.

OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Touch-up paint is much cheaper. Some consider it a badge of honor to spend large amounts of money on paint protection….. My view is that the cost should align with your goals. If you are looking to make it easier to clean (and protect the paint), there are DIY solutions that are very good and relatively easy to use…if you are handy. PPF makes sense if you get rock chips often in certain areas of your car. If you are spending as much as it would cost to get a good paint job for protection, my view is that this decision should be re-considered.
Agreed on cost of a paint job, although don't think I could bring myself to use a touch up stick on it!

If you have to choose, I'd definitely go for PPF. PPF is more for front end protection and coatings are to protect the paint and ease of washing.
Potentially go for front end PPF to reduce cost then or will the bits without PPF be noticeably different?

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed on cost of a paint job, although don't think I could bring myself to use a touch up stick on it!

Potentially go for front end PPF to reduce cost then or will the bits without PPF be noticeably different?
You can have someone else do the touch up if needed. I only introduce the concept to keep the cost of PPF in perspective. Some people spend more on it than makes sense. Touch up is cheap and quick…especially if the car is something you plan to exchange after only a couple of years.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag

Not initially; but the areas without PPF would be, overtime, impacted by weather and end up looking different to those areas protected.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Depends how OCD you are about the paint on your car. If you're the type who takes the car to the drive through/supermaket hand wash car washes then I'd save the money and wouldn't bother with either. Ceramic will be money down the drain after a few visits to one of those.
Watch this for a bit more info about ceramic and whether it's suitable for you.

2 stage polish with interior, exterior and wheels protected you're looking at £1k+VAT

Full front PPF with the rest protected in ceramic about double.

Full PPF around £4k-£5K+VAT

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
OP, there’s an easy way to tell what’s right for you. Do you have plastic on your furniture?
What a silly analogy. I’m pretty sure the PPF on my car doesn’t negatively affect my enjoyment the way plastic would were it on my furniture.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry OP, I was being silly. You should definitely do PPF. Everywhere. Then ceramic coating. And when you wash it, use the 10 bucket method. The three bucket method’s for noobs. And only use deionized water. Better yet, angel tears. And dry it with filtered air, getting the last bits of water with some cashmere towels. Then, when that’s all done, reach under the car and give it a hand job.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Sorry OP, I was being silly.
I was just pointing out the obvious fallacy in your comparison. You don’t have to be so dramatic.

You know though, if my couch had paint that would chip as it was hit with rocks driving down the highway…I just may consider that plastic cover. I generally keep it in the living room though…so….
Sponsored

Last edited: