PPF questions

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
1E5B9DC2-C5AF-49E0-B163-F8038904A67A.jpeg
Full body XPEL stealth PPF with paint correction for just shy of 8K in Northern Cal. It’s a chunk of cash for sure but I love it.
Can you notice the edges …where the pre cuts are short and the original paint shows?
Thinking of having it done when car arrives but not sure 🤔

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Can you notice the edges …where the pre cuts are short and the original paint shows?
Thinking of having it done when car arrives but not sure 🤔
I got it done in June and I hand wash my car every 2 weeks. Only edge I noticed was a couple around the handles which were fixed. My installer had me come back for a one month follow up to touch up any areas of lifting.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got it done in June and I hand wash my car every 2 weeks. Only edge I noticed was a couple around the handles which were fixed. My installer had me come back for a one month follow up to touch up any areas of lifting.
Are the precut pieces short of the panel …does the paint show ….is it noticeable against the stealth?

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
I had XPEL done on the front at the dealership. Cost me about $2,400. Would recommend a certified independent installer as they tend to do a better job. Had to bring my car back to the dealership to correct some of the panels as I was not pleased with the quality of the work. Would recommend doing the entire vehicle. I was out at the beach and a seagull decided to christen the car. After cleaning and doing some compounding there are still some traces in the paint.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Are the precut pieces short of the panel …does the paint show ….is it noticeable against the stealth?
I haven’t noticed any areas where the original gloss paint shows. I’m away from home today but I can take close up pics later tonight. As others have alluded to in this thread I think it highly depends on the quality of the installer. I picked my installer based on reviews as well as recommendations and had to wait 2 months since they were so busy. In retrospect I would have sorted out an appointment before taking delivery of the car because it was a nerve wrecking couple months driving without ppf.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Full exterior PPF at the same shop as @BMonte13 above. The green and black parts of the car were covered in Xpel Ultimate Plus and the Vesuvius Grey inserts were covered in Xpel Stealth. Windows were tinted with Xpel Prime XR Plus. The shop worked with me on the install date, as I had to change it 3 times due to the car being stuck at the Port of Benicia for the 2 month Port Processing. Very pleased with the quality of the workmanship of the install..

Porsche Taycan PPF questions IMG_0905

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven’t noticed any areas where the original gloss paint shows. I’m away from home today but I can take close up pics later tonight. As others have alluded to in this thread I think it highly depends on the quality of the installer. I picked my installer based on reviews as well as recommendations and had to wait 2 months since they were so busy. In retrospect I would have sorted out an appointment before taking delivery of the car because it was a nerve wrecking couple months driving without ppf.
Only interested because the precut xpel doesn't wrap around the panels...

Last edited:

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
would you mind disclosing the company name of the installer ? Thanks !
Unlimited Auto Style in Highland Park. Installer was Chris (he’s also the owner). He’s meticulous and a great guy.

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
Unlimited Auto Style in Highland Park. Installer was Chris (he’s also the owner). He’s meticulous and a great guy.
great thanks ! I’ve been eyeing chicago ceramic garage but will look in to this (if my car makes it out if Emden) ! Thank you !

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
10.5k at OCDetail for full PPF + ceramic. Supposedly the Turbo S is more 1k expensive since they wrap all the gloss black and carbon bits. Car is still in the shop.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
10.5k at OCDetail for full PPF + ceramic. Supposedly the Turbo S is more 1k expensive since they wrap all the gloss black and carbon bits. Car is still in the shop.
Post pics plz
Sponsored