RE66ELl

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 4s
Country flag
Anyone on here applied pps to their Taycan. What’s your experience been like with it and any regrets of using pps and not going with ppf? Would you do again?

As still undecided if I should ppf or ppf a Taycan

Thanks
Sponsored

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Anyone on here applied pps to their Taycan. What’s your experience been like with it and any regrets of using pps and not going with ppf? Would you do again?

As still undecided if I should ppf or ppf a Taycan

Thanks
Im in exactly the same boat so might just go with ceramic coating as I can't make my mind up...ive got till September top decide lol

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I have had both PPF (by Topaz) on many of my sports cars and decided to go with PPS this time on my Taycan. I think PPS still has a very long way to go. Xpel PPF is the best product on the market today and is what I would stick to moving forward.

PPS is like paintwork and needs a lot of aftercare. It swirls like paintwork too and needs polishing etc to get out the swirls. Kind of defeats the object as one protects the car not to worry about swirls etc.

Its great that the original bodywork is good underneath but whats the point if the actual car looks knackered...it’s like protecting the car for the next owner:CWL:

PPF gets my vote for sure.

Last edited:

PT Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree with AM and I appreciate Kevin's sarcasm but won't be getting the PPF again.

In general, and aside from aesthetics, protection from any one of these films is ok except for bird droppings, ugh, which has material-dissolving properties like acid! On the Tesla I had, PPF was applied to the front and rear bumpers, 1/3 of the hood and on each side mirror. The issue is that if you get hit by something the gouges a piece of the film and paint off, it is difficult to repair the damage adequately. For the droppings, I used Meguiar's Diamond Cut Compound 2.0 with some elbow grease to get rid of 50% of the damage. I guess on a paint surface, repair would have been worse?

This time around with the Taycan, I just went with the ceramic coat. Never liked the somewhat dull finish the PPF film brings to the car.

Last edited:

dweeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan
Country flag
Is PPS readily available in the US yet? I live in the Tampa, FL area and can’t seem to find any installers.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Is PPS readily available in the US yet? I live in the Tampa, FL area and can’t seem to find any installers.
PPS? Xpel site will show PPF installers in your area. I have a PHENOMENAL installer in Naples if you're willing to make the drive. He'll have my car when it arrives in June.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
PPS is an alternative to PPF. It is sprayed on, rather than applied in sheets, and it has the advantage of adhering to plastic components that PPF will not reliably stick to. Very attractive alternative that is apparently not (at least widely) available in the US. Not sure why.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
This time around with the Taycan, I just went with the ceramic coat. Never liked the somewhat dull finish the PPF film brings to the car.
Interesting comment. I had PPF on the hood, but not the fenders, of my Guards Red GT3 so it was possible to easily compare the finish side by side. I love Guards Red because you can get a really deep, mirror like shine without some of the hassles of a darker color.

Anyway, it was impossible for me to tell the difference between the finish on the hood and fenders on that car. Perhaps there was an issue with the film or the application of it on your car.

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
As I'm sure you know your paint will not be protected from road/flying debris. PPF today is FAR from dull. I've been using Xpel Ultimate for years and you cannot tell it's even there. Another advantage is most films today are hydrophobic. Adding ceramic coating to that the water beading is insane.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Picked up my car today from the shop that put ceramic coating on it. Car shines 10x more. Have to renew it every 2 years, but that gives me warranty on it for up to 9 years.
This is what they used: https://ditecinternational.com/ceramic-paint-protection/

Can't say if its great or not, but I like that I had to spend thousands less compared to PPF.
I will try and update if I see something good or bad.

PT Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Perhaps there was an issue with the film or the application of it on your car.
It's possible. The film was an option, not a post vehicle purchase decision so I opted to go for it for the 2013 Model S. On the hood, I could clearly see the difference in finish between film and non-film portion. Maybe "dull" was a poor choice of word to describe contrast between a shiny finish and 10% matte from the film?

I'll stick with my guns for the ceramic only coat. I spent almost 3 hours washing the vehicle this morning using Pan the Organizer method of washing a car with ceramic coat. Results after the wash are stellar with that coat on... dirt, contaminants, etc., just slide off so easily.
Sponsored