Chris G

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ice Grey Taycan CT4
Country flag
My Taycan CT4 is set to arrive at the end of February. My first Porsche. I plan on keeping the car 4-5 years. I've asked the Porsche dealer about getting PPF done while I am on vacation - I won't be here when the car arrives but will get it ten days after arrival. With that in mind, I asked them if they had a shop they deal with that does PPF and my SA said they did and the shop would do the PPF at the dealership. I checked the shop out and they seem reputable. As a follow up, the dealer sent the below screen shot.

What doe this mean? Do I need any of this? I was expecting a conversation with the PPF shop.

Porsche Taycan Protection Stuff Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 6.14.16 AM
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
The 2nd one is likely PPF but you should get more of a detailed description which includes what is covered and what is not, ask questions about seams, as well as the specific products that will be used. Pricing varies by geographic location but understand that no matter what, the dealer is getting a cut.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
My Taycan CT4 is set to arrive at the end of February. My first Porsche. I plan on keeping the car 4-5 years. I've asked the Porsche dealer about getting PPF done while I am on vacation - I won't be here when the car arrives but will get it ten days after arrival. With that in mind, I asked them if they had a shop they deal with that does PPF and my SA said they did and the shop would do the PPF at the dealership. I checked the shop out and they seem reputable. As a follow up, the dealer sent the below screen shot.

What doe this mean? Do I need any of this? I was expecting a conversation with the PPF shop.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 6.14.16 AM.png
Isn't that just various insurance policies?. Mental prices. Better off using a guy/garage for the alloys / paintwork repairs.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Isn't that just various insurance policies?. Mental prices. Better off using a guy/garage for the alloys / paintwork repairs.
That's what I was thinking. At least the ones with a term limit are just insurance policies.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
i would just take it to a PPF shop on your own. I'd recommend Autonuvo. Took my Model X there years ago when i lived in MA.

OP
OP

Chris G

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ice Grey Taycan CT4
Country flag
i would just take it to a PPF shop on your own. I'd recommend Autonuvo. Took my Model X there years ago when i lived in MA.
Thanks, I have a call into them ... you are the second recommendation.
Sponsored