Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dcmetroneighborhoods.com
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (Ice Grey), Audi Q7
Country flag
7% off still isn’t bad at all for a 2021 Turbo S. Is it safe to presume you took one off the lot?

The more I think about it, the more worth it the 2020’s are. I’m looking to lease for 3 years then look into a refreshed Taycan, or perhaps another EV. If I can get a 20-22% discount on a 2020 that has the right options, I’m just gonna go for it. Thank you for the input!
Yes, it just showed up in their showroom. I really wanted the mission-e wheels painted the same color as the car, so they ordered the paint and are doing that for me.
Sponsored

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m having a difficult time understanding the table - I see bits of English mixed with mostly German.

What sensors are included with factory innodrive? And does the night assistance camera get used for anything else?
Nightvision, rear assist and rear camera are single option. They do not need other options to work. Also they have a smaller controller unit zFAS A. The complex systems got B or C.
The Night view system is not necessary for any other option and not included in any other option.
with park assist plus and innodrive you have all sensors beside the night vision.

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Could you further iterate on why the charger being able to communicate with the charging unit is important for you? Perhaps it could be important for me too if I knew, but ignorance gets the best of me.

Regarding deals and discounts - it's the difference between getting a perfect spec 2020 Turbo vs. a 2021 Turbo that's missing a few things I'd like rear axle steering, PDCC, power charge port cover, etc. One of the things swaying me towards a 2021 was the FoD and OTA updates, but based on my driving habits and general real-world use case - I don't use cruise control much since I drive in city roads more than anything, and I don't mind visiting my local dealership since I've made friends with them over the years from owning a GT3 and what not.

My only fear is Porsche coming out with some wicked new tech in a few years, and I'm just left behind in a 2020 because I didn't want to shell out the extra $10-15k now. But what are the odds of that? I'm kind of doubting Porsche will come out with revolutionary tech that could be downloaded to an older car.. seems like something they'd release in a refreshed version so they can lure people out of their older cars and into newer ones.
Autonomous driving will not be realisied for this version of Taycan. Not MY20 not my21
So no fear on that. Also there Will no new functions if you don’t have all the sensors.
they even downgraded with updates, for example with the surround view.

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just putting it out there, could the differences in Innodrive FoD and Innodrive factory be actually the difference if it were paired with LCA/3D parking.

for example my 21MY factory Innodrive (no LCA/3D) has the intersection assist but no rear traffic assist
You can see the sensors that are different in those options in my picture.

Tim_G

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel
Country flag
Has anyone noticed the added steering wheel button when fitting Innodrive to a Taycan Cross Turismo in the configurator?
I have a Taycan 4S on order which should go into production in April and I also specced Innodrive.
Curious to know whether I will get the added button on a “regular” Taycan.
I already contacted my sales advisor, but am awaiting a reply.
Porsche Taycan Question about Innodrive and FoD 79018286-FF22-4EA4-9AF8-002DD75E47F5

365DAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 992 C4S
Country flag
Has anyone noticed the added steering wheel button when fitting Innodrive to a Taycan Cross Turismo in the configurator?
I have a Taycan 4S on order which should go into production in April and I also specced Innodrive.
Curious to know whether I will get the added button on a “regular” Taycan.
I already contacted my sales advisor, but am awaiting a reply.
79018286-FF22-4EA4-9AF8-002DD75E47F5.jpeg
I had noticed this when I was configuring our Cross Turismo and asked the dealer to confirm but they weren’t sure also. I did then try a few options and found that the button appeared when selecting adaptive cruise and not Innodrive.

anyone else confirm please?

Dr Monty

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, BMW iX50, Audi
Country flag
Hope this is not a problem, but I am reposting this from another thread as this thread seemed more appropriate to my query.

"Here in Japan, where I have placed my initial order / down payment for a 4S Cross Turismo, scheduled for build in June, delivery in September, there are a number of items I see mentioned in reviews and this Forum which are simply not on the Japanese configurator. No InoDrive, no sound absorbing window option, etc.... A bit odd. Given the godawful traffic one frequently has to deal with here, I was hoping that for those boring and frustrating drives, I could let the Porsche handle the driving (at least to the same level as my 2020 Benz E-Class) The dealer said he believed what I'd get was rather less than that. Sounded like adaptive cruise control plus lane keep assistance. Any thoughts or edification ?"

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

TimS1977

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Landrover Disco
Country flag
If available it should be on the Services tab. Contact Porsche.
Thanks - definitely not showing in the Services tab (though it was before I took delivery of the car) - maybe they are updating the FOD Service options? Anyone else see the same thing?

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
Thanks - definitely not showing in the Services tab (though it was before I took delivery of the car) - maybe they are updating the FOD Service options? Anyone else see the same thing?
Not showing up for me either in the US. A month ago, I saw Innodrive in the Connect store and ordered it. The car downloaded the data package but I’m still waiting for it to be activated (Porsche NA and my dealership don’t know how to fix it). As of today the only thing I see on the Connect store is the Intelligent Range Manager.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
It is true. You can verify it by looking at the functions. Factory innodrive got something to watch crossings in front of you. The FoD does not have this Feature because it does only have the ACC Sensors.
you can see the different sensors in the sheet.
so without the factory Innodrive the car is unable to watch the traffic in front of the car.
expecting some autonome driving? This will never come to a car that does not have factory innodrive.
Thanks!!!!!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I had noticed this when I was configuring our Cross Turismo and asked the dealer to confirm but they weren’t sure also. I did then try a few options and found that the button appeared when selecting adaptive cruise and not Innodrive.

anyone else confirm please?
Thought I had this addl dial but actually I have an extra lever here for adaptive cruise etc - I did not select Innodrive which is literally the only option I did not select i.e. have EVERY other tech/mech. feature in my fully spec'd car it seems :), thus for me FoD fairly useless and has essentiallynothing in addition to offer to me.

Last edited:

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
It is true. You can verify it by looking at the functions. Factory innodrive got something to watch crossings in front of you. The FoD does not have this Feature because it does only have the ACC Sensors.
you can see the different sensors in the sheet.
so without the factory Innodrive the car is unable to watch the traffic in front of the car.
expecting some autonome driving? This will never come to a car that does not have factory innodrive.
Thanks for this. I got Innodrive and was bummed when I saw it is now a FOD. Glad to see the factory version will be slightly better
Sponsored