OP
OP

Tiredoftesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S100D
Country flag
If you want the car that looks like it was designed by a child for a 90s computer game, buy the Tesla. If you want the beautiful, balanced and desirable piece of automotive engineering, buy a Taycan.
Some truth to that! Although how it drives and how it looks are two different things... and the functionality of the huge MS touch screen is absolutely phenomenal. The entire GUI is very intuitive - the 4S is poorly designed and complex. And the Tesla is years ahead with over the air upgrades.
And why in the world doesn't Porsche have GPS AUTOMATIC homelink,where things open and close AUTOMATICALLU when arriving and leaving with no driver involvement? This capability takes no more than few lines of code ...
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
given the quite optimal efficiency of BEV, it's ~14 kWh of the battery need to climb only
Interesting, so if we take 83-14 leaves us with 69 kWh for range. 260 mi range * 83/69 gives us 215 mi range. for your trip uphill. Easy...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I drove 5-9 mph over the limit the entire way, exactly as I drive my S100D, in Range Mode. About half the trip was at 70-75 mph. Vertical climb is 6400 feet. I arrived with 45 miles left...

The first time you drive a model S-and everyone will tell you this-It is shockingly exhilarating to people who are used to driving any IC powered car.
Have you ever sat in something like this going 30 mph downhill?

Porsche Taycan Range and Elevation 1616472796418

That is the excitement you are getting from your car.

Driving the Porsche Taycan is a totally different kind of excitement. Like going double the speed limit and still feel easy...

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
And why in the world doesn't Porsche have GPS AUTOMATIC homelink,where things open and close AUTOMATICALLU when arriving and leaving with no driver involvement? This capability takes no more than few lines of code ...
They have it but it asks if you want to. This is for a good reason, sometime you want to park the car before the garage and not open the door/gate.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tiredoftesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S100D
Country flag
They have it but ask if you want to. This is for a good reason, sometime you want to park the car before the garage and not open the door/gate.
I DID ask and the Taycan does not have it. supposedly when you approach the garage or HOA gate your list of homelinks pops up and you have to touch the one you want to activate. I tested it on my loaner and it only worked intermittently.

As for your “good reason”, on the Tesla while the car automatically opens/ closes your door, a ”skip” option pops up as well.

Both cars have a 5* crash rating.

Last edited:

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
?‍♂ for my MY21 it works very nice like the GPS based lift of the suspension.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
They have it but it asks if you want to. This is for a good reason, sometime you want to park the car before the garage and not open the door/gate.
Actually, it doesn’t “ask.” It has a feet-to-go countdown and a cancellation button you can press if you don’t want to to open automatically. Good to have if you left the door open. The auto-open as you approach would actually close the door.
Sponsored