First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 2019 BMW X5, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Hi all,

there are probably many many threads about this issue, but I have a hard time gathering all info.

i got my Taycan one month Ago. First time a charged it at 100% it showed 335 km of range ( I have performance battery +)
And ever since I have charged it, it never shows more that 320-320km of range.

now I have gotten my profiles and home charging to work and charge now only to 85%.

Then over the last couple of days, I have used 40% of battery to drive only 54 km city driving (4 trips) just cruising. Not any hard acceleration at all.

can someone give me a checklist to increase range and battery?

i read today that I should use eco AC. So that I have already done.

The weather is offcourse a factor but can it really be That much? In denmark at the moment it is between - 2 ( night) and + 3 (day) degrees celcius.
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
How many miles / km are on your car?

Range in winter is significantly lower - more than you might imagine.

The range you are getting is within tolerance - 200 miles @ 85% and 220 miles @ 100%.

In summer time you should expect between 250 - 270 miles (434 km).

Use of AC and heating will consume much energy which you obviously realise.

Use of heated seats and steering wheel is preferred over AC but this won't demist the screen when needed.

OP
OP

TDA

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How many miles / km are on your car?

Range in winter is significantly lower - more than you might imagine.

The range you are getting is within tolerance - 200 miles @ 85% and 220 miles @ 100%.

In summer time you should expect between 250 - 270 miles (434 km).

Use of AC and heating will consume much energy which you obviously realise.

Use of heated seats and steering wheel is preferred over AC but this won't demist the screen when needed.

I have driven only 1000km in the car.

Well if this is normal Then ok. I can charge at home for a fixed price ( no Limit) but still on longer trips it can maybe be annoying.

I will turn of AC completely now, but I cannot seem to find how to turn on heated steering wheel and heated seats from start. It is always turned on when starting. I like it though.

In Bmw you can set it to automatically turn on under x degrees. Miss this here.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Check your PCM settings for unlocking where you can enable / disable preheat on unlock - sounds like you have this enabled which you may ) may not require.

Heated seat controls are on the central (lower) panel - icons for each.

Heated steering on / off button is on the inside of the lower steering wheel spoke.

Please download the Porsche Good To Know App where all of these features are clearly described.

Rona

First Name
Rona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan - Cayenne
Country flag
My car is going back to the dealer tomorrow. 100% for me is only 180 miles. I mentioned to the dealer and he said that that is within tolerance. I’ve had my car for 1 year, only driven 7K so far - it’s already been in for a recall and it’s going back for another one due to a tyre pressure warning. I have no heating, Sat Nav isn’t working and the Lane Assist keeps coming on. I love it, but that could easily change!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My car is going back to the dealer tomorrow. 100% for me is only 180 miles. I mentioned to the dealer and he said that that is within tolerance. I’ve had my car for 1 year, only driven 7K so far - it’s already been in for a recall and it’s going back for another one due to a tyre pressure warning. I have no heating, Sat Nav isn’t working and the Lane Assist keeps coming on. I love it, but that could easily change!
Do you have the performance battery plus?

Tornadosailor

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, 997/1, Fiat500E
Country flag
@TDA

short trips and multiple heating up a cold car is eating range. On a longer trip you should easily make 300+ km in DK, even in current weather. I always kee a/c ECo on, put Auto preheating to off and use seatheating. In the morning I let the car warm up for 10 minutes before I leave, that’s good enough.

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
I had loads of problems with mine. Have come to an agreement with my dealership for a replacement. Dm if you want to discuss

Levee

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
Try setting the aircon on lowest speed setting (just to stop misting etc), then switch on the heated steering wheel and seat as others have suggested.

I had exactly the same problem, got Mission E's and pano roof - neither which help - but consistently on 0.4kW/mile now and not 0.5-0.6 by doing the above. Outside temperature generally circa 5 degrees C. Still on less than 700 miles. Looking forward to better performance in the summer!

Also from what I've seen the Range mode makes little difference over 50mph. But maybe others have had more luck...

OP
OP

TDA

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@TDA

short trips and multiple heating up a cold car is eating range. On a longer trip you should easily make 300+ km in DK, even in current weather. I always kee a/c ECo on, put Auto preheating to off and use seatheating. In the morning I let the car warm up for 10 minutes before I leave, that’s good enough.
Hi,

I will try your method, and see what it does. Even though 300+ isn’t good enough. Should make 400+.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don’t think so, I’m not sure though!
If not then that will explain your range being < 200 miles @ 100% battery charge at this time of year.

It may be not what you expect but it is normal.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

I will try your method, and see what it does. Even though 300+ isn’t good enough. Should make 400+.
Preheating whilst connected to your EVSE should be fine as the energy used will come from that and not your battery.

OP
OP

TDA

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Preheating whilst connected to your EVSE should be fine as the energy used will come from that and not your battery.
Yes, but from What i Can read in the manual, the pre-heat can not differ from when it is connected or not. So it will also run even though it is not connected.

So here in the weekend it has run pre heat at .0700 in the morning even through I did not use the car. I can off course switch of Saturday and Sunday in the menu.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, but from What i Can read in the manual, the pre-heat can not differ from when it is connected or not. So it will also run even though it is not connected.

So here in the weekend it has run pre heat at .0700 in the morning even through I did not use the car. I can off course switch of Saturday and Sunday in the menu.
To save battery you can set the timer to charge and / or pre-heat when connected to your EVSE.

If not connected to your EVSE you can also start pre-heat.

To control different times / schedule for pre-heating then use multiple timers (up to 4).

If you are not connected to your EVSE but have a timer set and is active which has pre-heat enabled then clearly the car will pre-heat. If you don't want the pre-heat to occur either disable the timer or edit to disable the pre-heat.

Timer is unaware that it is connected to an EVSE or not - it's not that clever - and so you need to make a manual intervention.

Pre-heat can also be triggered by opening the drivers door if the option has been set in the PCM. Each time you unlock and open the door and this option has been enabled then Pre-heat will commence and be active for 5 mins. It will activate twice only (to save energy).

Porsche Taycan Range Problem 1641808565888
Sponsored