Roxy

First Name
Rukhsana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan
Country flag
Picked up my Taycan turbo today... still not been able to register it. Everytime I get in the car have to login as guest.. anyone else have similar problems and anyone know of the solution.. porsche are saying apprently something to do with their satellite but I feel like I'm being fobbed off with an excuse. TIA
Sponsored

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Picked up my Taycan turbo today... still not been able to register it. Everytime I get in the car have to login as guest.. anyone else have similar problems and anyone know of the solution.. porsche are saying apprently something to do with their satellite but I feel like I'm being fobbed off with an excuse. TIA
Congrats, I can't help specifically with the Taycan but our other porsche struggles with connectivity to the servers etc.

I presume you set up Porsche ID beforehand and dealer linked you up?
What does the app report about connection to the vehicle and servers?
Porsche have a confusing difference (on the Cayenne anyway) of car profile (settings etc) and PorscheID for services and subscriptions. Which one are you having problem with?

OP
OP

Roxy

First Name
Rukhsana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan
Country flag
Porsche id and password set up beforehand. But at the dealership it kept coming up this function is not available. With regards to the app... it connects from phone to car but nothing from car to porsche centre. Such a pain...dont expect that from a 100,000 pound car.

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
yes - not sure if the same error that you are getting but I picked mine up on Monday and no connection either to login - see post below for the details and what I've tried to date.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/new-car-porsche-connect-error.3104/

No joy thus far and I dropped it backed to the dealership today, a reset back to complete factory and transporter mode didn't fix it either, it's now logged with a Technical issue with Porsche HQ on what to do.

Frustrating on such an expensive new car that's not been PDI'd properly! I'll keep my thread up to date on progress.

OP
OP

Roxy

First Name
Rukhsana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan
Country flag
I'm so frustrated...almost feel like taking it back and asking for a refund...

Billocrates

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla S Plaid
Country flag
Don't do that. I have a Turbo S and it is a great car to drive. The software is rubbish compared to my Tesla Model 3 Performance, but I am sure Porsche will eventually sort it all out.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Don't do that. I have a Turbo S and it is a great car to drive. The software is rubbish compared to my Tesla Model 3 Performance, but I am sure Porsche will eventually sort it all out.
Yes - the software is frustrating. Go find a long curvy roadway that isn't heavily patrolled and indulge yourself in some right foot stress relief. I find that offsets the frustration with the software, and maybe that's why I have 40,000 miles on my car (OK, not really that many).

Causes I have been able to collect so-far:
1) Problem with your Porsche ID - can you create a secondary user and can that secondary user log into the car? I can log into the app and the website with my Porsche ID, and into the car, but I can't complete the checkout process (as required in the US) so none of the connect services in the car are functional. Been arm-wrestling Porsche US for over a month on this problem.

2) Your dealer didn't properly do all of the required PDI/RDR steps (I know nothing more about this - only relaying this as it was mentioned in another thread).

3) Problem with the OTA Control Module (changing the state to customer-owned or to delivered is part of the delivery process at the dealer, but there is also the possibility that it can revert to a pre-delivery state and get stuck there, requiring replacement of the OTA Control Module).

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Satellite?!

Cabsav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am on my second turbo, I rejected the first one after a month and got a full refund. Guess what, the second one is no better, it spent 3 weeks with the dealer recently on exactly the same problems you are experiencing. As others have said it is a super car to drive but the software is nothing short of atrocious! Porsche GB are very nice but haven't got a clue!

Will Perrott

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan S
Country flag
I have a similar issue with my Taycan 4S. I set up my account but it only shows as a secondary user so I can't use all the features. Porsche dealer can't work out what's wrong. It's booked in for 2 days next week for a full reset.

OP
OP

Roxy

First Name
Rukhsana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan
Country flag
I have a similar issue with my Taycan 4S. I set up my account but it only shows as a secondary user so I can't use all the features. Porsche dealer can't work out what's wrong. It's booked in for 2 days next week for a full reset.
Do let us know if it works please...

Will Perrott

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan S
Country flag
Ok so my car has been fixed. Took them 2.5 days and dealer said that they tried to do it themselves but ended up having to get porsche Germany to dial in and fix it. Don't actually know what they did though.

OP
OP

Roxy

First Name
Rukhsana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan
Country flag
Ok so my car has been fixed. Took them 2.5 days and dealer said that they tried to do it themselves but ended up having to get porsche Germany to dial in and fix it. Don't actually know what they did though.
Mines booked in on Monday....ive told em I'm gonna reject the car if they can't fix it this time..

OP
OP

Roxy

First Name
Rukhsana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan
Country flag
Did you get any compensation from porsche??

Will Perrott

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan S
Country flag
Did you get any compensation from porsche??
No but I didn't ask either.

I have noticed how much less reliable the newer porsche models are compared with older ones. My 968 Sport and 996 GT3 never visited the garage except for routine servicing in approx 150,000 miles between them. Whereas my last 2 Panameras were regular visitors with a large number of warranty and recall issues. So I wasn't really surprised when the Taycan went back after just a few weeks.

Porsche Bolton always looks after me and I actually like the opportunity to try other Porsches - I was given a Cayenne this time. And it's an excuse to have a good look around the showroom. Particularly enjoyed the 912 parked next to a Taycan. The Taycan made the 912 look like one of those expensive toys you can buy for your kids!
Sponsored