Rear spoiler will not reposition itself

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Mine has been in for spoiler alignment and software update.

Waited 6 weeks for a slot at the dealership and just heard after 2 days that the now intend to replace the whole spoiler and it needs ordering.

Another visit required to fix
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yeah I think we knew there was no fix a while back. Some adjustment is possible but now they are shying away from that.

Latest is the "weather" to apportion blame for some part of the fault.

Poor excuse, poor quality, poor show Porsche I say!

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
I got the same issue, and asked my Porsche Center about it again on Friday last week when I delivered my TBS for software update (March 26th). They informed me that head office in Germany are well aware of the problem, and that the factory are working on a fix for alle vehicles affected. As of yet there is no fix, even though some of the vehicles have been adjusted locally. I was informed this affects most Taycan delivered, and it hopefully will be a solution before summer. Fingers crossed?

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So mine sits proud at the sides but also sits too low in the middle nearest the rear window, so both problems.

I've just booked mine in with the dealer but need a loan car, so the soonest they can look at it is 3 Feb! So only a month to wait then :rolleyes:

I'll update if I remember!
Hey RG2020 - did you dealer manage to rectify this? Had mine in for the software update, and apparently the spoiler / wing was fixed pursuant to a wing recall campaign. when I picked the car up it looked much better (not perfect, but good enough that if I hadn't seen it worse previously I probably wouldn't have noticed anything awry). However, one long journey later and it is back as before with the two ends stocking out and the middle sitting lower. Very annoying. I was told that the problem is caused by the car getting wet (my fault for driving it in the rain I guess!), but it was completely dry yesterday when we took if for the drive.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey RG2020 - did you dealer manage to rectify this? Had mine in for the software update, and apparently the spoiler / wing was fixed pursuant to a wing recall campaign. when I picked the car up it looked much better (not perfect, but good enough that if I hadn't seen it worse previously I probably wouldn't have noticed anything awry). However, one long journey later and it is back as before with the two ends stocking out and the middle sitting lower. Very annoying. I was told that the problem is caused by the car getting wet (my fault for driving it in the rain I guess!), but it was completely dry yesterday when we took if for the drive.
Temperature is also to blame apparently.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dealer advised the weather is a factor .... i just rolled my eyes and walked off!
I had exactly the same reaction about water. So between rain and temperature, there are literally only three days a year in the UK when we can drive the car.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My was fixed during the time it was in for the update... they had to replace some spoiler supports... now it's aligned, more or less... way better than before...

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
No, as far as I know I’ve been waiting for the recall to come out! So thanks for letting me know that my dealer has been remiss.

It’s booked in next week anyway for the software update so I’ll be reminding them about my spoiler.

To be honest I think it’s more or less fixed itself because the last few times I’ve had a good look it certainly seems nowhere near as raised as it was before. But if it is due to the car getting wet then that could be the reason why as we haven’t had much rain just lately.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looks like there was something in the weather rationale behind misalignment of rear spoiler. Mine is now sitting perfectly now that we’ve had sunshine for the past week or so!
Sponsored