REDUCED DRIVE POWER

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
update !
i have been told by Porsche there are some known software bugs with regards to this and they have a planned software update for May.
so ive been told to sit tight and wait for that.
did you receive this update and did it resolve your issue?
Sponsored

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Yep! 5 months of reading these forums did teach me that most of them are as simple as on/off again, but it still wasn’t fun to experience it and I definitely suffer from “that’s someone else’s problem and won’t happen to me” syndrome.

We did a launch control and it was awesome, so then did another one about 15 minutes later only to receive this error and have the car start to lose power and slow down to 20mph. It may have shut down completely, but we didn’t wait around to see and went off road to pull over and follow your advice.
Hi Tom, did this error ever recur for you? Was it investigated by Porsche?

Currently afraid to even try another launch control, not great for a £100k+ vehicle.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are there any other variables in the pattern of folks experiencing this issue? Is it more common with a certain set of options (like ACC or InnoDrive)? When you’ve experienced the issue, is it the result of getting in your car and going right away or did you sit for a minute and let the car “boot up” before driving away? There has to be some trigger pattern that’s a combo of hardware and software. I doubt Porsche will tell us the trigger conditions but I’m curious if there’s a common pattern to be deduced.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Are there any other variables in the pattern of folks experiencing this issue? Is it more common with a certain set of options (like ACC or InnoDrive)? When you’ve experienced the issue, is it the result of getting in your car and going right away or did you sit for a minute and let the car “boot up” before driving away? There has to be some trigger pattern that’s a combo of hardware and software. I doubt Porsche will tell us the trigger conditions but I’m curious if there’s a common pattern to be deduced.
It appears to only happen during a Launch Control. At least so far all the reports I’ve seen from members have seen it happen during launch control.

It happened to me during a launch after normal driving for approximately 15 minutes. I do not have Innodrive or ACC spec’d. Purely anecdotal but I happened to release the accelerator at the exact time I felt a downshift (can’t verify, it could’ve just been a slight bump in the road). But this is when the error appeared.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi Tom, did this error ever recur for you? Was it investigated by Porsche?
After this error I then had the dreaded 12V fault a few days later, which resulted in Porsche Cambridge taking the car away for a week to replace the 12V battery. A few weeks later I tried another launch, but it stuttered along with a noticeable lag and significantly less power than prior , so it scared me too much to try it again.

Now you've mentioned it I'll give it another go next week, but if it all goes tits up and I'm without a car for another week, my wife will kill me and I will have to point her in your direction.

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
It appears to only happen during a Launch Control. At least so far all the reports I’ve seen from members have seen it happen during launch control.

This happened to me yesterday. No launch control.

It happened to me during a launch after normal driving for approximately 15 minutes. I do not have Innodrive or ACC spec’d. Purely anecdotal but I happened to release the accelerator at the exact time I felt a downshift (can’t verify, it could’ve just been a slight bump in the road). But this is when the error appeared.
Exactly this!I had the very same noticeable downshift. I heard it as well as felt it. I had the Sports Sound on and it downshifted like an ICE. It was really weird and whilst sounding incredible at first, what followed was pretty scary.

Wasn’t doing a launch, just set out, all driver assistance features turned off.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Exactly this!I had the very same noticeable downshift. I heard it as well as felt it.
I’ve had the AWD fault twice. Both times during launch control and both times when shifting.
Sponsored