Regret Standard Interior?

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
Hi everyone, my lock date is next week and I'm pretty much final on my configuration (link below). Its already above my self imposed budget of $110k, but I'm wondering if anyone got the standard interior and regretted it after?

CT4 Build

iris.jpg
I have a standard interior and it is my biggest regret on the car...

Ignoring the fact that it creaks and rattles, I don't feel it is fitting of a car of this value.. One of the reasons I am swapping to a new car is to remove the swathes of plastic on the standard interior. Wish I spent the money on leather!

My other Porsche has full leather. And it is so much nicer!!

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
This is honestly a personal decision. I had a nicely appointed leather trim in my Boxster before making the switch to the Taycan 4S and chose the standard Beige/Black interior.

I have no regrets. Like you I gave myself a self imposed 110k ceiling on the price and there were just so many more goodies I was able to add on for 4k over just a higher trim leather interior.

It still feels very premium to me and I get compliments on my interior by anyone that rides in it. I chose the exact same interior for my upcoming Cross Turismo Build. If you're coming from a Benz S class you might be disappointed, but I honestly think it looks great. I also haul around 2 small kids and it holds up very well against their messes.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Can someone post a picture of the leather interior? I have the standard interior and pretty much all of it is covered in what looks like leather to me? Where’s the plastic bits?
Porsche Taycan Regret Standard Interior? DC68EA5D-8A98-4E14-849A-B944079B1EB7

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Can someone post a picture of the leather interior? I have the standard interior and pretty much all of it is covered in what looks like leather to me? Where’s the plastic bits?
DC68EA5D-8A98-4E14-849A-B944079B1EB7.jpeg
According to the configurator the partial leather interior:-
With embossed leather:
- seat centres front and rear
- front and rear inner seat bolsters
- Steering wheel rim in smooth-finish leather
I assume everything else is faux leather, vegan leather, PVC or whatever it is.

The full leather interior is :-
With smooth-finish leather:
- all leather items in the partial leather interior
- seat bolsters outer front and rear
- headrests front and rear
- dashboard upper and lower sections
- centre console main storage compartment lid
- centre console side panel
- steering wheel airbag module
- armrests in the front and rear doors
- door waist rails front and rear
- door panels front and rear
- decorative areas in the doors front and rear (not applicable in connection with interior packages)

I hope to go to see how "faux" the non-leather bits of the standard interior look compared to the full leather though that is a huge extra amount of real leather.

Since I want a pale interior and most of the choices other than black/chalk beige are more black than coloured I want that combination and it is available in the standard part leather so I need to decide whether the full leather is worth the extra £2875 when it looks pretty well identical on the pictures.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Agreed - but a taycan 4s is similarly priced to a base carrera.

But yes in the taycan range they need to justify the price differential, as your pretty much paying £40k for a pair of upgraded electric motors “4 vs turbo s”.
A Taycan 4S is a lot more car than a base Carrera IMO, 4 wheel drive, 4 door and it hasn't had its development amortised over 60 years!

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
DC68EA5D-8A98-4E14-849A-B944079B1EB7.jpeg
Out of curiosity, Swissbob, is that the standard steering wheel? Is it heated?one looks a lot thinner and I got neither the sport chrono package or heating options.

It's the one thing that's a bit disappointing. Even my Mercedes wagon's wheel is thicker.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Out of curiosity, Swissbob, is that the standard steering wheel? Is it heated?one looks a lot thinner and I got neither the sport chrono package or heating options.

It's the one thing that's a bit disappointing. Even my Mercedes wagon's wheel is thicker.
Yep that’s the standard one including the heated option but no chrono package. Initially I missed the wider steering wheel of my Model X but it’s grown on me and quite happy with it now. Apparently the heating is not very powerful and you don’t seem to be able to turn it on with the app which is a shame and a downgrade on the Tesla. It was the one thing my wife loved about that car!

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
I have the upgraded leather in my car (chalk). Had a loaner the other day with the standard. Honestly felt so cheap. You are spending 6 figures on a car, whats another 4k

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I have no options, not one, nothing, nada.. a blank window sticker of 81K and no regrets. I was going to add PTS for 13k but decided not to ruin a great ideal.
I’ve been wondering if unicorns were real, now I know they exist! Good on ya for having the fortitude to ‘just say no’! ??

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Smooth leather on everything (vs. grained pleather) where the standard does not. FULL dash with stitching, full seats, full door panels, full console with stitching, door and center console armrests, and airbag.
Porsche Taycan Regret Standard Interior? IMG_3051

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Smooth leather on everything (vs. grained pleather) where the standard does not. FULL dash with stitching, full seats, full door panels, full console with stitching, door and center console armrests, and airbag.
IMG_3051.jpg
Thanks. Can see the leather looks different and I’m sure it’s nicer material but the coverage looks the same no? At least what I can see of the dash looks the same to my eyes?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. Can see the leather looks different and I’m sure it’s nicer material but the coverage looks the same no? At least what I can see of the dash looks the same to my eyes?
Hard to see in that delivery photo. Best to Google or view one in-person. As others and I have said: it's worth the upgrade.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Depends what you can ditch…
All the innodrive, lane b*shit is useless to my mind. Btw. these features are the main source of SW related probs.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the limestone standard and looks and feel cheap, go for the upgrade.
YES! I'm in a 4S loaner now with standard limestone. It feels cheap for $126K spec.
Sponsored