Olle-swe

First Name
Olle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Coupe GTS
Country flag
Of course it is a matter of your priorities for the car, but, even though it is an expensive option I personally wouldn’t spec it without it.
I have had it on 4 porsches in a raw now and i think thta the standard leather now looks a bit dull.
For the Taycan, the top of the dash has a ”completely” different look without it as well.
you will feel the luxurious nice and soft leather every time you take a seat in the car:)

acc is really good on my Cayenne, much more comfortable set than in my previous macans. I am guessing that it will be just as good in the ordered taycan ct. It is not used every day though…
Sponsored

CarpeDM

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How do you feel about ACC, Innodrive aside?
Get the ACC, skip the innodrive. I would also skip the On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger. Frequently sold by the uninformed SA, but according to this well done video, it is a complete waste for US vehicles. Power charge port cover is something else to consider removing on a budget; it's another thing to break and is net negative on range.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
400V charging may allow you to use the Tesla network if they finish opening it up. Would absolutely not skip that option!

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
2nd on that, now is good time to get the 400V option. All Tesla supercharges are 400V, once it's opened up. You have options. Don't think it's a retrofittable option after the fact.

OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 / Taycan CT4 / Model X (ordered)
Country flag
Hi everyone - thank you all for your advice and input. Given my needs, I dropped the special glass because I'm worried about the cell phone reception and also dropped ACC because I don't feel comfortable using it now in the Audi and don't plan to use it in the future. I'm going to pick up the full leather in black - think my freeze date is tomorrow :)

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Hi everyone - thank you all for your advice and input. Given my needs, I dropped the special glass because I'm worried about the cell phone reception and also dropped ACC because I don't feel comfortable using it now in the Audi and don't plan to use it in the future. I'm going to pick up the full leather in black - think my freeze date is tomorrow :)
Wise choice of priorities.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
My take on the Porsche standard interior:

I've driven in plenty of Porsches with the standard interior (loaners and my parents Cayenne), if you don't care about full leather interior...it's fine. Save the money and spend it on options more worthwhile to you.

My last two Porsches that I've owned have full leather interior, and I found it really nice, and now if I'm paying over $100k for a luxury car, and full leather is an option, I pretty much want a full leather interior.

Again, this is just my preference.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
Spent $$ on the 21 in wheels.. never skimp on wheel size makes the car.
"Skimp?" Indeed. Nothing like a heavier wheel that's slower and gets reduced efficiency all in the name of dubious aesthetic.

Back on topic, buy full leather over large wheels any day of the week. You don't see the wheels from inside the car.

isrihel

First Name
Inderjit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
My RWD has the standard black interior. No regrets at all. It contrasts quietly in the background allowing the displays to really shine and be the focus. Nothing about it seems inferior to me. The 14 ways seats I have are full leather anyway.

Had a budget I wanted to stay within Put the saved money into tech (ACC, RAS, Air Suspension) which has really improved the driving experience. Would do it again without question.
Hi, I am going to buy CT with 14 ways seats and I am confused whether to buy standard interior or full leather. The Porsche salesman says if I chose standard interior the 14 W seats will not be in leather but just in leatherette, isnt it true? Im so confused

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Hi, I am going to buy CT with 14 ways seats and I am confused whether to buy standard interior or full leather. The Porsche salesman says if I chose standard interior the 14 W seats will not be in leather but just in leatherette, isnt it true? Im so confused
True - leatherette. The configurator tells what is leather as I stated earlier in this thread. Leather interior is worth the $. It's a Porsche.