RWD coil suspension height vs RWD air suspension Lift hight.

hmmwv79

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan base RWD
Country flag
RWD coil suspension height vs RWD air suspension Lift high.

Which height is higher? My wife she hate front lips getting scratch...
Sponsored

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I don't know the actual numbers but I can tell you that in practice the RWD default height is fine. I drive in a region with many speed bumps, and so far, I did not touch the road with the front or rear of the car.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Both will have the same ride height will they not when air is set to normal? Lifting is therefore higher - 20mm (can't remember exactly).

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Air suspension in highest setting is higher. Tell you wife with smart lift she can avoid front lip scrapes.

OP
OP

hmmwv79

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan base RWD
Country flag
Air suspension in highest setting is higher. Tell you wife with smart lift she can avoid front lip scrapes.
Oh really? Do we have a document to check? I think I need to add this air suspension for this order. Thank you!

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
with air suspension you can lift the car as you approach high inclines. The car will ask you if you wish to remember this setting so that it will lift each time. For example, I have the car lift as I approach my driveway. It works quite well. You can also have as default a normal, lowered, or low setting for normal driving.

and if you plan to option air suspension you should absolutely add rear axle steering, which requires this feature.

OP
OP

hmmwv79

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan base RWD
Country flag
I can only choose Air suspension without rear axle steering.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can only choose Air suspension without rear axle steering.
You are misunderstanding my point. Get both. You won't be disappointed. Research other threads that speak to the advantages.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
RWD coil suspension height vs RWD air suspension Lift high.

Which height is higher? My wife she hate front lips getting scratch...
I live in South East London. We have millions of speed bumps of all kinds such as the full road hump, the dual square ones. The RWD coils clear them at speed. In fact because the car is so wide you can hammer over the dual squares bumps if you line up correctly and they go straight under the car not touching the wheels. The ride is comfy so I just don't see the need for any kind of lift unless a steep drive or something where it is critical.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I live in South East London. We have millions of speed bumps of all kinds such as the full road hump, the dual square ones. The RWD coils clear them at speed. In fact because the car is so wide you can hammer over the dual squares bumps if you line up correctly and they go straight under the car not touching the wheels. The ride is comfy so I just don't see the need for any kind of lift unless a steep drive or something where it is critical.
I was not necessarily interested in air suspension but what I was after was RAS and air suspension was a "pre-requisite." So I bought both. I'll never know what the ride would be like without it, but I have argued elsewhere (see my thread on "First 1000 miles") that the RAS is the most valuable option on the car. Its a game changer for other reasons, such as being able to turn this large car in very tight corners. I am SOOOO glad I got it, and I can absolutely tell the difference because there is no way I could turn the car without making a 3-point turn but for this option.
Sponsored