Secured a custom US GTS Allocation for June Delivery!

Christ0pherus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 718 Boxster GTS
Country flag
The first customizable MY 2022 Taycan GTS allocations are making their way to US dealers today (12/22), at least in California. I just secured an allocation for a GTS sedan with an April build and delivery in June. The next 6 months are going to be long and filled with sleepless nights, to say the least…

I put a deposit down at my local Bay Area dealer (which I understand has the craziest demand) in early November and I was second on the waitlist. Most of the dealers I spoke with, including the one I am working with, are marking up their pre-configured dealer allocations by about $30K. They are mostly black/silver/white and arrive in April. Fortunately, my dealer is not marking up on my configurable build slot.

Here is my build code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PNEEVZ38

Feedback on the build is welcome. The thing I am most ambivalent about is which shade of blue to go for, assuming I stick to the chalk/black interior and Satin black GTS wheels. Should I go Neptune Blue, Frozen Blue, or Gentian Blue?
Sponsored

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Worth noting that you can add the tech package for $1,160 by the look of it, and that will add the HUD (If you've never used one, I highly recommend them), and the Remote ParkAssist includes the better 3D surround view parking, and rear cross traffic alerts.

I was personally partial to the frozen blue until I decided to go the PTS route with acid green, but they all seem to look pretty great IMO. The power charge port cover seems like a gimmick to me, but I'm waiting for the chromatic roof to come available so that I can select it, so who am I to judge.

PDCC might be the only other thing that seems to be debated in terms of usefulness on the forum. I get FOMO, so I just went and selected it.

OP
OP
Christ0pherus

Christ0pherus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah it may make sense to swap out the automatic charge port cover in favor of the technology package and end up netting a just few hundred extra bucks. The only reasons I opted out of the HUD is that I heard it’s not as good as BMW’s and it also covers the instrument cluster, which takes away from that curved glass appearance. I have a HUD in my BMW M340i and it’s great, but I don’t find it crucial.

And as for PDCC, I hear that you’re not going to notice the difference during any form of “responsible” non-track driving, but I could be wrong :) definitely mixed opinions there for sure.

In terms of color, frozen blue is great for contrasting with the black rims and accents. Will have to give that one more thought…

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I like all the blues, but I think lately I'm partial to Neptune. Gentian looks like the same as so many other manufacturers blue.
Or, go the PTS route and go with Dark Sapphire Blue like I wanted to if I was going to pull the trigger on PTS......... LOL.

Porsche Taycan Secured a custom US GTS Allocation for June Delivery! Screenshot_20210828-130103_Instagram

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Coincidentally, I emailed my dealer Tuesday afternoon to check-in on what's going on. Just heard back this AM:

"They're will be not updates until end of Jan,2022 for any release of productions. I will keep you posted if there is in the meantime..."

I'm assuming translation for this is that I did not make the November or December allocations. Given I haven't bought a Porsche since 2015 and I don't really have a relationship with this dealer, I'm not surprised. Still sucks to get my name/deposit in on day 1, but I get how the game works.

OP
OP
Christ0pherus

Christ0pherus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Coincidentally, I emailed my dealer Tuesday afternoon to check-in on what's going on. Just heard back this AM:

"They're will be not updates until end of Jan,2022 for any release of productions. I will keep you posted if there is in the meantime..."

I'm assuming translation for this is that I did not make the November or December allocations. Given I haven't bought a Porsche since 2015 and I don't really have a relationship with this dealer, I'm not surprised. Still sucks to get my name/deposit in on day 1, but I get how the game works.
Maybe not all dealers got allocations at the same time. Which dealer are you working with? I don’t have a history with mine and it was a first come first serve type of situation based on the time the initial deposit was received.

OP
OP
Christ0pherus

Christ0pherus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Decided to pull the trigger on Neptune blue with a Chalk/black interior. Appreciate the pointers on the technology package as well since you get ACC “for free” with it.

Final build here.

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Maybe not all dealers got allocations at the same time. Which dealer are you working with? I don’t have a history with mine and it was a first come first serve type of situation based on the time the initial deposit was received.
I went to Rector (Burlingame) after Fremont didn’t seem interested in my business (and after they said they won’t guarantee MSRP). Where is your allocation from?

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Very nice. I placed a deposit after the GTS announcement @ Merlin. Great guy to work with. He said I was one of the first to get an allocation and at MSRP. He gave me a commission # right after I put down my deposit. I got my Track your Dream email yesterday, with ETA in May. I suppose that’s inline to be one of the first custom builds in the US, right after the launch vehicles in April. Many dealers were asking for a premium over MSRP.

Here’s my build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXK9VD2

I plan to add the shade shifting roof when available. My lock date is in Feburary.

OP
OP
Christ0pherus

Christ0pherus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went to Rector (Burlingame) after Fremont didn’t seem interested in my business (and after they said they won’t guarantee MSRP). Where is your allocation from?
Porsche Redwood City. They are marking up pre-configured Taycans which are arriving in April, but custom builds which are first arriving in June are not marked up. I’m pretty certain their waitlist is full for 2023 by now, though. Either way, I don‘t think all dealers got allocations this week. I also spoke to Porsche Marin and Porsche of the Main Line. The latter said they were not getting any custom allocations until January at the earliest. Chances are you will get an allocation in a few week’s time for a July/Aug delivery if you are at the top of the Burlingame waitlist IMO. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag

I had the same answer from my dealer. I’m based in Europe - Portugal

it’s just very frustrating. By the time we start to receive the GTS’s, there’s a restyling arriving and our cars will be “old” and hit with an extra depreciation.

thank you porsche

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I'm curious how many GTS Sport Turismo build slots are being made available to US customers ?

Tavsan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW M5
Country flag
I hope such styling changes soon after launch will not be significant for the GTS models. My worry is on the battery technology side. The electric car technology is improving rapidly. In the near future there will be improvements in battery and electric motor technology that may leave the current ones far behind. I want to keep the Taycan for the long run. I hope Taycan will hold it's value like most Porsche cars.

I had the same answer from my dealer. I’m based in Europe - Portugal

it’s just very frustrating. By the time we start to receive the GTS’s, there’s a restyling arriving and our cars will be “old” and hit with an extra depreciation.

thank you porsche

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
I hope such styling changes soon after launch will not be significant for the GTS models. My worry is on the battery technology side. The electric car technology is improving rapidly. In the near future there will be improvements in battery and electric motor technology that may leave the current ones far behind. I want to keep the Taycan for the long run. I hope Taycan will hold it's value like most Porsche cars.
You’re absolutely right. I also plan to have my taycan at least 5 years and by that time, I recon the possibility of having a car completely outdated. I guess it’s something that we have to deal with - today, we're buying yesterday’s technology. Let’s just enjoy the present.
Sponsored