farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
I drive it everywhere, I just park on corner parking spots so no one dings it. That is my only concern, I hate tiny dings on my other vehicle. As for attention, it does get a lot of attention probably only because there aren't many out on the road here where I live.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I used to live in Pac Heights and I can confirm the paradox that exists there. Go down Fillmore towards the city and it gets shady really quick. Go down the hill to the Marina and you'll see new money shine galore.
Lots of fun to be had walking through tenderloin! The only time I’ve deliberately chosen not to park my car in the street and decided to valet park instead was in that area. There was enough broken glass and shady looking people to give me pause. That being said, I’ve walked that area many times and have never felt unsafe as if I may be attacked or threatened.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
I used to live in Pac Heights and I can confirm the paradox that exists there. Go down Fillmore towards the city and it gets shady really quick. Go down the hill to the Marina and you'll see new money shine galore.
Its gets wilder these days... many in Pac moved into the 'post-money' segment during the pandemic.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
yup, SF is one of those unique cities where you have a lot of rich people potentially dodging poop and used needles on the street as they walk back to their apartments.

ponomo

First Name
janalyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking to purchase mamba Taycan
Country flag
I have a 13 year old middle schooler daughter who does not let me drive her to school in my Taycan because she does not like the attention at drop off from all of the boys when she gets out of the car. ?

Somehow I think that’s probably not the danger you were speaking of. ?
Funny, my 13yo daughter is the one who finally convinced me to put a deposit on a turbo - mamba green, which I did yesterday.

Fortunately, it has nothing to do with the boys and everything to do with the love of cool cars she inherited from her mom... (I hope! haha)

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
With that attitude yes you should be worried. Criminals can tell you're afraid of them and easy prey.

If you're not fit, get fit. Join a dojo, both to learn to fight and make friends with people who can back you up. Get a CCW and spend time at the range. Then drive around in your flashy car knowing everyone else should be afraid of you.

Or pay $150k for car you can't drive around so you don't get "targeted".

You think this guy drives around worried that he's going to get targeted?

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
With that attitude yes you should be worried. Criminals can tell you're afraid of them and easy prey.

If you're not fit, get fit. Join a dojo, both to learn to fight and make friends with people who can back you up. Get a CCW and spend time at the range. Then drive around in your flashy car knowing everyone else should be afraid of you.

Or pay $150k for car you can't drive around so you don't get "targeted".

You think this guy drives around worried that he's going to get targeted?
what the what ? what was the context of the video?? ?

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would add that if you take up 2 parking spaces to avoid someone parking next to you, you may well wish you hadn't. If overly concerned, park far away from the other cars.

ponomo

First Name
janalyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
While I wouldn't recommend coming out swingin hahaha... I agree that attitude counts for a lot.

I am a woman who has lived in many urban areas, (Toronto, Dallas, Denver, Guadalajara) and not always in the best neighborhoods. I've driven pretty hot cars all my life, and I've never had a problem. However, I always look everyone in the eye and I say "hello", even if a person looks kind of sketchy. I think it puts it in their mind that I've looked at their face, I'm not afraid and I've treated them with respect.

I also pay attention to my surroundings, and I'd roll through a red light in a heart beat if I felt it was warranted.

Last edited:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Funny, my 13yo daughter is the one who finally convinced me to put a deposit on a turbo - mamba green, which I did yesterday.

Fortunately, it has nothing to do with the boys and everything to do with the love of cool cars she inherited from her mom... (I hope! haha)
Parenting and Parent-care planning levels: Expert.
:fist bump:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
While I wouldn't recommend coming out swingin hahaha... I agree that attitude counts for a lot.

I am a woman who has lived in many urban areas, (Toronto, Dallas, Denver, Guadalajara) and not always in the best neighborhoods. I've driven pretty hot cars all my life, and I've never had a problem. However, I always look everyone in the eye and I say "hello", even if a person looks kind of sketchy. I think it puts it in their mind that I've looked at their face, I'm not afraid and I've treated them with respect.

I also pay attention to my surroundings, and I'd roll through a red light in a heart beat if I felt it was warranted.
Not sure what might warrant hazarding the extreme danger inherent in a red light violation. There might be a rare daytime case or two that could be worth it, but we're talking edge cases here.

That said, sincere expressions of courage are ever essential. If I start by waving a white flag (or with my eyes downcast), then I've already lost the battle in surrender. Bravo!

Last edited:

ponomo

First Name
janalyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure what might warrant hazarding the extreme danger inherent in a red light violation. There might be a rare daytime case or two that could be worth it, but we're talking edge cases here.
I live part time in Mexico, where stoplight carjackings are said to be a thing. While I've never needed to blow a red, I am prepared at all times when down there.... also, I'll admit my Mexico vehicle is not all that fancy, as to stay low-key(90's jeep cherokee) as well as survive the terrible pot holes.
Sponsored