Jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw m3
Country flag
Taycan Turbo delivered May 2021. Message on dash Function Fault SOS Contact Dealer. Dealer would not look at car but offered an appt if I dropped car off in 14 days !!! No courtesy car available for 6 weeks !!! Then the heating completely failed (Not nice this weather) Visited dealer personally again would not look at car but offered to pick it up in 5 days to plug it in to find fault - explained that if they need parts etc could take some time.
Question :- At £140K I expect better service than this or am I being picky ???
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No you aren't but this is normal for most Porsche dealers. They are generally swamped (too many cars now) and loan cars are always an issue ironically.

What you've paid is meaningless also as they sell cars of much higher value but I agree that this is a bitter sweet pill to swallow.

I would contact Porsche GB to raise your concerns to see if this helps (don't bank on it though) or try other dealers. If you can skip the loan car then that often helps.

COVID has played it's part too in limiting services and is still an issue.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
No you aren't but this is normal for most Porsche dealers. They are generally swamped (too many cars now) and loan cars are always an issue ironically.

What you've paid is meaningless also as they sell cars of much higher value but I agree that this is a bitter sweet pill to swallow.

I would contact Porsche GB to raise your concerns to see if this helps (don't bank on it though) or try other dealers. If you can skip the loan car then that often helps.

COVID has played it's part too in limiting services and is still an issue.
I can only second what's already been said. I think calling into Porsche GB is always worth a try along with a traditional letter to Head Office which legally they have to respond to. Its likely all you will get are platitudes but worth a try.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Sorry to hear of your lamentable service. As a prospective Porsche customer it does not fill me with confidence.

Having seen all the tech-issues, delays and customer service problems - I am seriously considering my position now.

Out of curiosity, which OPC? When it comes to service issues, I think it helps to know the 'who' as well as the 'what and why'.

Or is this too risky for your future treatment by them?

cheers

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Whilst I am concerned by the lack of prompt attention I am more concerned by lack of reliability, after all if it is broken down it isn't actually a car any more, more like a millstone.

I haven't owned a Porsche before, got close to a 911 in the mid 1990s but ended up with a Ferrari instead.

I haven't had a car breakdown in over 40 years with Mercedes, Toyota and Ferrari. Problems like yours scare me...

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Call Porsche assistance. Your car will be towed in to the dealer and a courtesy car arranged. Downside - could be an Enterprise Corsa!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My son did this with his new M340i (key not found) last weekend - faff to get towed (they were clueless!!) but got a free car from Enterprise (Mini Countryman) for 4 days. Car fixed via a software (!!) upgrade and returned by Monday - so it is all possible if you get creative.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I see you are in Gloucestershire - so presumably Tewkesbury? I have to say that sounds unlike them as I have found them very helpful in the past, so maybe somewhere else?

As above, if you call Porsche assist they will tow it to the dealer and sort you a courtesy car. It will then be a priority to fix as I think Porsche are paying for the courtesy car.

OP
OP

Jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw m3
Country flag
Yep Tewkesbury - however now they have picked it up and found the heater is u s - no replacement parts in uk and on back order with Germany - looks like I will be in an enterprise rental for some time !!!
not happy

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Yep Tewkesbury - however now they have picked it up and found the heater is u s - no replacement parts in uk and on back order with Germany - looks like I will be in an enterprise rental for some time !!!
not happy
That doesn’t sound good at all. And as you say, not the time of year to be driving round without a heater

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Same issue here in Munich with my T4S: The heating failed completely, due to a malfunctioning heat pump. And the replacement pump also has been on back order... since FOUR WEEKS and two days, with no end in sight.

At least they gave me a Cayenne to drive around in.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Taycan Turbo delivered May 2021. Message on dash Function Fault SOS Contact Dealer. Dealer would not look at car but offered an appt if I dropped car off in 14 days !!! No courtesy car available for 6 weeks !!! Then the heating completely failed (Not nice this weather) Visited dealer personally again would not look at car but offered to pick it up in 5 days to plug it in to find fault - explained that if they need parts etc could take some time.
You deserve better service regardless of brand but especially Porsche. I have had service calls with Porsche irvine and they have been scheduled an always with a courtesy car. Their service process is exceptional .
Sorry you haven't had a good experience.

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
Not being picky. Deserve better. I don't think you can compare buying a average price car against what you've spent. I know others may disagree. Interestingly my dealership have tried to be helpful but when I gave feedback via the Porsche after visit survey, I had a call first thing next morning from the dealership! My understanding is that car allocation etc for dealers is dependent and linked to their feedback
Sponsored