Smart lift disappeared

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Did you go to Settings + Vehicle …and scroll almost to the bottom ??mine was second from the bottom .
DE13A838-80E5-4912-B313-98ABBF5C4871.jpeg
I'm completely missing that menu. Porsche Centre Vancouver said they need to scan my PCM.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Sorry for the late reply, Rainforest.
I did get it once I had my initial successful login, almost a week ago.
. However, yesterday the “SmartLift” menu selection disappeared from the Settings - Vehicle selection on the PCM. ie I was unable to access my saved locations (Only 2 have been saved). ?
Interestingly, the automatic Lift did occur when I drove past the location..so it is functioning , but I cant access or add any locations. ?.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry for the late reply, Rainforest.
I did get it once I had my initial successful login, almost a week ago.
. However, yesterday the “SmartLift” menu selection disappeared from the Settings - Vehicle selection on the PCM. ie I was unable to access my saved locations (Only 2 have been saved). ?
Interestingly, the automatic Lift did occur when I drove past the location..so it is functioning , but I cant access or add any locations. ?.
The weirdest thing happened. I have never had Smart Lift in my PCM menu, but the function has always worked. After 6 weeks of having the car, the car notified me that a Maps update was done, and for the very first time, I now see "Smart Lift" in the menu. WEIRD!

Porsche Taycan Smart lift disappeared IMG_2807

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The weirdest thing happened. I have never had Smart Lift in my PCM menu, but the function has always worked. After 6 weeks of having the car, the car notified me that a Maps update was done, and for the very first time, I now see "Smart Lift" in the menu. WEIRD!

IMG_2807.jpeg
Hmm..a mystery.. still waiting for mine to return..although the Automatic lift is working.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm..a mystery.. still waiting for mine to return..although the Automatic lift is working.
Give it 6 weeks. LOL But that’s literally how long it took to show up in my car for the first time ever.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I'd like to resurface this as I just got the car back from Porsche (quickly, I have to say, just a few days to replace both electric charging ports and a controller which turned off rear lights randomly..). Smart lift always worked perfectly (my20), now it's inconsistent. in the PCM, car in P, sometimes:
- it's there and clickable (with all saved locations)
- it's there not clickable (greyed out)
- it's not there
- it appears and after 2-3 seconds disappears from the list

Has anyone figured out anything at all or is it just random(ransom)ware?

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd like to resurface this as I just got the car back from Porsche (quickly, I have to say, just a few days to replace both electric charging ports and a controller which turned off rear lights randomly..). Smart lift always worked perfectly (my20), now it's inconsistent. in the PCM, car in P, sometimes:
- it's there and clickable (with all saved locations)
- it's there not clickable (greyed out)
- it's not there
- it appears and after 2-3 seconds disappears from the list

Has anyone figured out anything at all or is it just random(ransom)ware?
Looks like you had serious work done!
I’m still without the SmartLift Menu, Auto Lift Function, among some other non serious but “glitchy” PCM issues. I’ve got the questions into my dealer...but will most likely need to take it in…perhaps to coincide with the PCM 6.0 upgrade ?? now MyPorsche app won’t connect to the car ?! What’s next?

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As mentioned before, I picked up my car without smart lift in the PCM for the first 6 weeks. One day I got a maps update, and it miraculously appeared. Believe!

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Looks like you had serious work done!
I’m still without the SmartLift Menu, Auto Lift Function, among some other non serious but “glitchy” PCM issues. I’ve got the questions into my dealer...but will most likely need to take it in…perhaps to coincide with the PCM 6.0 upgrade ?? now MyPorsche app won’t connect to the car ?! What’s next?
It’s just random stuff.. after 2 days since picking up the car from Porsche, start lift is back in business. It s Porsche beta sw, can‘t expect it to work all the time :) most dealers know less then people in this forum honestly.

Pauhana99

First Name
JDF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S (December) Audi Etron, Jeep Gladiator.
Country flag
I have also lost my smart lift from my menus. Missing for a week now. Car still raises at prior locations I had programmed but I am now unable to edit or remove them. No other PCM issues I am aware of.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I have also lost my smart lift from my menus. Missing for a week now. Car still raises at prior locations I had programmed but I am now unable to edit or remove them. No other PCM issues I am aware of.
I had a similar behaviour. It took 2-3 days and some driving around to go back to normal. Did you try to go into "vehicle settings" while driving, then stopping, go in P, drive again, and observe if anything happens in that menu (e.g. smart lift appearing/disappearing etc)?

Pauhana99

First Name
JDF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S (December) Audi Etron, Jeep Gladiator.
Country flag
I had a similar behaviour. It took 2-3 days and some driving around to go back to normal. Did you try to go into "vehicle settings" while driving, then stopping, go in P, drive again, and observe if anything happens in that menu (e.g. smart lift appearing/disappearing etc)?
I reset my account and reset factory settings in the hope that would change things. It did not. Not sure I follow “…while driving, then stopping, go in P, drive again….” ?

I have tried many different things, after a week now, still not showing up. I’ve only had the car about 6 weeks, not sure it is worth going to the dealer for. Maybe I will wait for PCM 6.0 before I take it in.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I reset my account and reset factory settings in the hope that would change things. It did not. Not sure I follow “…while driving, then stopping, go in P, drive again….” ?

I have tried many different things, after a week now, still not showing up. I’ve only had the car about 6 weeks, not sure it is worth going to the dealer for. Maybe I will wait for PCM 6.0 before I take it in.
Don't worry about it. I picked up my new car and never had Smart Lift for the first 6 weeks. Then suddenly out of nowhere it appeared. Then 3 weeks later, I think it disappeared again. It's just a glitch in the software.

But whether it is there or not, the only thing it provides is to allow you to delete locations which you won't do anyway.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Tried your suggestion.. no change..
BTW the Autolift stopped working about 2 weeks ago. As of 24 Jan, the car does not connect to the Porsche Server. Taking it to the dealer next week..I’m getting concerned about these “cascading” issues starting to pile up.
Sponsored