Smart lift disappeared

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
MY21 with smartlift... all of the sudden last night, it no longer shows up in settings > vehicle. My car still lifts at the locations I previously set, but setting is gone to activate/deactivate the feature (and to remove or modify any previously set locations).

Anyone else had this happen?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
MY21 with smartlift... all of the sudden last night, it no longer shows up in settings > vehicle. My car still lifts at the locations I previously set, but setting is gone to activate/deactivate the feature (and to remove or modify any previously set locations).

did you check in the settings to see if somehow was turned off?

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your problem.

I can't comment specifically on your problem but there are other cases where PCM functions seem to have just vanished and maybe they come back or maybe the don't. I have a problem with the settings for Range mode apparently just vanishing as others have. Looks like badly written software.

Just add it to the problem list starting with the 12v battery.

Take it into the dealer and let him see what he can do with it.

Unless Porsche knows about it, they aren't going to fix it.

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

The actual setting to even turn it “off” or “on” is gone. Normally it would be sandwiched between “light and visibility” and “additional chassis settings”. Here’s a link of a video (about 48 seconds in) showing where it should be (and where mine was just until yesterday when it suddenly disappeared):

See here for a photo I just took for what mine now looks like (it’s disappeared from the list)!

Porsche Taycan Smart lift disappeared 71FFDD53-A1C0-4F77-8D17-88201574A467

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
did you check in the settings to see if somehow was turned off?
Thought I replied to you but ended up replying to myself. See below for video and pic. Thanks!

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Guess what came back today at random...? Smart lift! Have to love this software. If anyone else has this problem, give it a day or two and chances are it will return

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
hey there,

Just wanted to say mine just did the same today. I got the “smart life” on my 20 after the WMA5 update. I noticed sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Tonight it didn’t and when I went to look for the setting it had disappeared. I will report if it reappears.

What fun, Shrodinger’s smart lift function….

lexbro

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAycan 4s
Country flag
MINES DISAPPEARED AS WELL - AFTER THE RECALL COMPUTER UPDATE IT WAS GONE

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
MINES DISAPPEARED AS WELL - AFTER THE RECALL COMPUTER UPDATE IT WAS GONE
Just went to delete some locations and poof, mine is missing as well. This along with a host of computer issues is going to the dealer Thursday: AC rattle noise (twice tried to fix but they cannot), PCM settings change on their own, sometimes I have a passenger display, sometimes it is on, sometimes in standby mode, XM Antenna can't find it periodically, brake pedal fade when pulling into garage or parking spot, emergency call failure and emergency stop failure warnings as well as now smart lift. The bugs just keep coming.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
That’s what we call in the industry “CI”.

Continuous Inconvenience. :)

Saadaboelwafa

First Name
Saad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just went to delete some locations and poof, mine is missing as well. This along with a host of computer issues is going to the dealer Thursday: AC rattle noise (twice tried to fix but they cannot), PCM settings change on their own, sometimes I have a passenger display, sometimes it is on, sometimes in standby mode, XM Antenna can't find it periodically, brake pedal fade when pulling into garage or parking spot, emergency call failure and emergency stop failure warnings as well as now smart lift. The bugs just keep coming.
Hello.:
Did they fix it for you?
I have the same issues!

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello.:
Did they fix it for you?
I have the same issues!
It just came back by itself. Car is at the dealers now for a whole host of PCM problems, been there since Monday. I'll keep you posted.